« Big Break III's Barbie pulls out of the LPGA Corning ClassicAnnika Sorenstam and Michelle Wie breaking new ground--again »

Comment from: James Harris [Visitor]
Is there anything more boring than a woman trying to write about golf?

Probably Tim McDonald and Chris Baldwin are more boring.
05/23/05 @ 17:29
Comment from: Bill From PA [Visitor]
I'm a regular reader of the blogs on this site and find them all to be worthy of my time, both the serious and humorous. To Jennifer I offer the thought that this comment, "Is there anything more boring than a woman trying to write about golf?" - just landed in the lumberyard.
05/23/05 @ 19:45
Comment from: Hal Burdick [Visitor]
Yeah Jennifer, James Harris's comment landed in the lumberyard, whatever that means. I guess it's a golf reference, but I echo Bill's sentiments one hundred percent.

I'm surprised that James Harris, one of the pioneer African American quarterbacks in the NFL, would stoop to deriding someone about gender when talking about golf. He must have had to hear a bunch of unnecessary racist comments when filling in for Hadl while leading the Rams to the playoffs.

Oh well, another childhood hero has fallen.

Keep up the wit and wisdom, Jen.

And as for Caddyshack, just remember what the Dali Lamma (sp?) said, "On his death bed, James Harris will receive total consciousness...so he has that going for him...which is nice."

05/24/05 @ 10:01
Comment from: Bill From PA [Visitor]
Quote:Yeah Jennifer, James Harris's comment landed in the lumberyard, whatever that means. I guess it's a golf reference

A line from Caddyshack delivered by Ty (Chevy) to the young caddy (Danny?)upon hitting an errant drive. If Danny doesn't make it in golf, he'll be forced to toil in the local lumberyard, so that's where his slice put him. Just a small sample of the useless knowledge cluttering my brain.
05/24/05 @ 11:16
Comment from: Scott from MD [Visitor]
I read the blog. Not funny - at least not milk through the nose funny.

In fact, it was kind of lame.

Sorry, but I thought it would be mroe funny than is was.

Maybe if I were drinking....
05/24/05 @ 16:28
Comment from: Jennifer Mario [Member] Email
Oh come on, Scott from MD, this Jam Boy post isn't funny?

Maybe you just caught the wrong posts. I don't see how you can read about Tweedle Ho-bag and the Chairman and not at least crack a smile.

Tough crowd today!
05/24/05 @ 16:50
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
I don't know much, but I do know that Jam Boy is hilarious. I guess some people just aren't happy unless they are griping about something .... or drinking.
05/25/05 @ 09:04
Comment from: Lillian [Visitor]
Jam Boy post is really entertaining. Hope he continues, makes me feel I'm right there along with him. Thanks.
06/20/05 @ 13:57

This post has 2 feedbacks awaiting moderation...