« The Weetabix Women's British Open: Annika Sorenstam, Michelle Wie, Paula Creamer, and... Jeong Jang?Michelle Wie, Paula Creamer, and Frank Deford (in that order) »

Comment from: David S. [Visitor]
Wow - this is great! We will actually be visiting friends in Maui this summer and can't wait to see your reviews before we go!
07/25/05 @ 18:32
Comment from: Kristen [Visitor]
Kama'aina (sp?) rates are so much cheaper. That's what they call island residents. I'm told you can go down and get a state ID while you wait the first day you get there. Of course, I wasn't told that until my last trip there on the day I was leaving and had paid another exorbitant green fee.

Check online - one site I used is teetimeshawaii.com and ask your concierge if they know of any bargains. Often the hotel where you stay has arrangements with certain courses or transparent affiliations.

I haven't played on Maui but I've played a lot of courses on Oahu. Here's one of my favorite shots: http://golfchick.blogspot.com/2005/06/reason-2.html
07/25/05 @ 23:51
Comment from: Mark Nessmith [Visitor]
Jennifer, next time you're bringing an editor with you! Why waste bandwith e-mailing in your stories!?
07/26/05 @ 03:46
Comment from: Arnie [Visitor]
Gotta disagree. In my opinion the golf in Hawaii has got to be the most overrated in the entire U.S. Sure the views from the Princeville Course are amazing, but the course is uninspiring and tricked up. If I'm looking for views, I can hang on the beach in Hanalei; if I want to play real golf, I look for an interesting, well designed golf course. I'm always amazed how reviewers seem to let the setting of a course cloud their review of the actual course design itself. There are a few solid courses in Hawaii, but for every one of those, there's two painfully average tracks with $200 price tags and reputations they don't deserve. And don't even get me started on that freaking wind...
07/26/05 @ 11:32
Comment from: Martha [Visitor]
Wow! Makes me want to go to that course, and I don't even play golf!
07/27/05 @ 16:12
Comment from: BV [Visitor]
Long-time resident of the 50th state. Kristen's correct as far as rates for residents go - we pay less than half at most courses. STILL...some of the 'hot' or 'name' places will set even a resident back $100 or so.
07/29/05 @ 15:51
Comment from: sean [Visitor]
I was in Hawai'i in Oct 04 and played a round on maui( kaanapali ).I thought it was amazing there was a little brown around some of the greens but otherwise it was incredible or was i taken in by the beauty of maui?
11/07/05 @ 23:22