« LPGA Q-school sectional qualifier comes to an endBig day for Morgan Pressel, Brittany Lang, and Ai Miyazato »

Comment from: Jim Coulthard [Visitor]
Someone should tell Peter Leonard that not only do US players NOT get their knickers in a twist if somone calls them arseholes--they don't even know what arseholes are or what knickers are for that matter.

As far as a twist is concerned, that is a dance, and if I am not mistaken it is the Europeans who get all upset when the Americans celebrate with a dance, which is the only situation I can imagine which would lead one of them to do the Twist.

Why should Tiger have laughed off the question? Didn't the answer he gave show a much finer deadpan sense of humor. I certainly couldn't imagine a funnier reply. Maybe you just don't appreciate straight men.
09/22/05 @ 22:30
Comment from: Jim Coulthard [Visitor]
One more point regarding Peter Leonard. He should clean up his language. I know there isn't one this year, but very soon the Americans might be sending a lady to one of these competitions, and I think members of the International Team should get into the habit of using language that would be suitable for mixed company.
09/23/05 @ 00:02
Comment from: scott barker [Visitor]
have a cry jim,
i mean seriously, us aussies dont give a rats about how people talk, every1 needs to loosen up. jeese. no wonder people stereotype the game of golf, as for stiffs.
09/23/05 @ 10:33
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
Jim, Jim, Jim .... give it a rest with the not-so-subtle Wie reference.
And, come on .... "Very soon"????
09/23/05 @ 10:40
Comment from: Wei [Visitor]
It was out of line and if golf wasn't a gentleman's sport I think Tiger and Paul should have discussed the matter in more detail in the parking lot.

Golf gets a bad rap as being a goofy sport, and when you have a someone like Paul Tesori trying to be cute, it really reinforces that stereotype.

Tiger's not about being cute. He's about competing and dominating you.
09/23/05 @ 11:01
Comment from: Jim Coulthard [Visitor]
Scott.

Funny, it certainly sounded like you gave a rats about what I said. Could it be that you Aussie's care a great many rats about what people say, but like to make out that you don't?

Shanks

You should loosen up. Should we really pass up an opportunity to needle the Aussies about the possibility that they may have to face a Shiela in upcoming competitions.
09/23/05 @ 13:17
Comment from: Vito Corleone [Visitor]
I remember this one time, a friend of mine, Johnny Fontane, came to me with this problem. It seems that this big shot Hollywood producer wasn't going to give him the role he wanted. Johnny comes crying to me saying, "I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do..."

So in disgust, I look Johnny in the eye and slap him across the face. I says, "You can start by acting like a man... What's the matter with you. Is this how you turned out? A Hollywood fannuchio that cries like a woman? What can I do? What can I do?" What is that nonsense. Ridiculous.

Now, I am not one used to giving advice to others, that is what consiglieries are for. But this Tiger person I am told is the top player of this game. Yet, he makes two mistakes. One, never let anyone outside the family know what you're thinking. And two, I do not understand how this man can be a champion when he is crying like a woman. "I don't appreciate it, he hurt my feelings..." It is not even his opponent that said this, but the boy who carries his opponents bags. How do you dignify him by crying about it? Be a man I say.

I remember this other young kid playing the game of basketball with the same name as my boy. Now, this Michael person won many championships and had the heart of a lion. When his opponents spoke against him, he said nothing, but always made them pay for it when it mattered. He always made them pay. But he never went sniveling and crying like a woman.

This Woods kid should learn a lesson or two.
09/24/05 @ 13:16
Comment from: Golf Grouch [Visitor]
Well, if I ever play with someone who wears something that said "Grouchy Who?", I'd definitely drop a mickey into his drink at the turn.
09/24/05 @ 18:06
Comment from: Candace Polski [Visitor]
Colorful response from Vito - but the Jordan reference is particularly spot on. I was thinking of Jordan's Flu game (when he scored 40 or so on the Jazz with a 100+ degree fever) as I watched Furyk carry Tiger's dead weight today. Both of them had "rib cage" injuries, but only one of them put the injury behind them and played great golf. And it wasn't the guy people like to call the Jordan of golf.

Tiger needs to stop worrying about what his opponent's caddy is wearing and start making Vijay pay for the bulletin board material.
09/25/05 @ 02:24
Comment from: wei_c25 [Visitor]
Yeah, you guys are right, this Tiger character obviously just can't cut it. What an amatuer.
09/25/05 @ 17:29
Comment from: PinHead [Visitor]
Tiger plays golf like a blind man. Doesn't have a clue about the outside world. Can't play team sports. (re: record in cup competitions)
Does have a great lookin' lady though. Hope he pays more attention to her than the rest of the known universe!
09/29/05 @ 15:16
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
Don Vito,
I mean no disrespect. But dis Michael guy - not YOUR Michael - he had a big mouth. Difference between him and dis Tigah fella was, he had da cajones to say something right back into da guys' face, all while giving him da business. I tell ya, he coulda been a wiseguy. And Candace should know dat Tigah did make Vijay pay for his disrepectful caddie in 2000. He beat him 2&1. What a wuss dis Vijay is, huh?
09/29/05 @ 16:00
Comment from: mac the knife [Visitor]
who put a bug up Jims butt? you sound like a typical spam ( yank ) all bitter because little ol' Europe spanked your butts in your own backyard. Get over it! Woods needsa to lighten up and stop cussing! TTFN, Mac The Knife
09/30/05 @ 16:33
Comment from: tnirishfan [Visitor]
im not a 'tiger hater', however, he has been the headliner since lassie was a pup??he needs to get real,,stop being a whiner,, his caddie's handling og that camera yrs back was so childish,,he is almost as big a jerk as tiger>>
GO LEFTY!!
10/11/05 @ 13:56
Comment from: your all dumb [Visitor] Email
tiger is as close to god as you can get when it comes to golf. i like how the person who wrote this article thinks he needs a sense of humor. if he thought he needed one then he could go buy one considering hes making more money to sink a 5 foot putt then this person is making to write 10 years worth of articles
05/16/07 @ 21:59
Comment from: stevie [Visitor] Email
completely agree with you "your all dumb". tiger woods earns more money to show up on a stupid practice area and hit a few shots for the gallery than this dumb author ever will. tnirishfan, everyone who knows anything about the game of golf knows that there is no better player than tiger woods. he has dominated the PGA tour for the last how long?I think there will never be a better player and never has been, however i am not saying that tiger is better than jack end of story as jack has amazing records.

why should tiger not react to the question as he did? he was giving an honest answer about how he felt about the matter, he wasnt happy so he told it like it was. morons.

anyway, whats the crack with all these convicts talkin about how they dont get angry when things are said, bullshit.
06/02/07 @ 10:44
Comment from: Don Corleone [Visitor] Email
" ... and if ever an honest man such as yourself was to have any enemies ... then they would also be my enemies. And then they'll FEAR you ..."
Remember what Tiger did Stephen Ames after he trash talked him during Match play. He went 9 and 8. That's respect.
06/20/07 @ 10:52

This post has 2 feedbacks awaiting moderation...