« The Golf Channel's Big Break IV has me bawling like a baby Note to Tiger Woods: get a sense of humor »

Comment from: Joe [Visitor]
Congratulations to Brittany Lang, Medalist, and Morgan Pressel. Morgan finished as the top Amateur and it is too bad we could not see some of this on TV. It would be great to see the passion of Morgan on the golf course. Maybe we will see some of the Finals/
09/23/05 @ 22:08
Comment from: Rodney [Visitor]
I'm as big a fan of Morgan as anyone, but I think it's a bit much to ask for this to be on tv. Maybe the final qualifying tournament, but definitely the sectional can not be expected to get coverage.
Was last years final stage of Q-school televised (any of it). Can anyone remember seeming Paula Creamer and co. I doubt it will be on tv, but we can hope!
09/24/05 @ 10:16
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
Just like to note:
* Pressel's final round was 3 shots better than any other round of the week by any player.
* She placed in the top 25 in all six of her LPGA events this year.

Pretty good record I think. Well done to Morgan Pressel. She'll be a force in the LPGA. Hopefully she gets through q-school. The LPGA needs her.
09/24/05 @ 10:26
Comment from: Joe [Visitor]
You are probably right it is too much to expect this to be on TV, it is only a Sectional. Maybe the final day of the finals.

Agrre well done to Morgan we look forward to seeing you on the LPGA next year.
09/24/05 @ 17:31
Let's be honest. If we watch any of the sectional qualifying (women's or men's), we'll see more crap shots than good shots. Maybe that's a good thing. It's not the most entertaining fodder, unless you want to watch people crash and burn. I think that q-schools are golf tv overkill. I want the real thing (be it the Bob Hope or the Open, the John Q. Hammons or the Nabisco.) Perversely and seemingly hyprocritically, I love to watch the Club Pro championship. I'm a big Wayne DeFrancesco fan, and absolutely agree with his point that a club pro should continuosly test her/himself under fire, so as to be able to communicate the feeling and the response to students.
09/24/05 @ 18:28
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
DeFrancesco is definitely not afraid to think outside the box. I also am fortunate to recieve his regular column in WGM. That's an interesting point he's making but I would bet that if he never got in another tournament, he would still be able to convey his message properly. At some point that intimate knowledge would be fully acquired.
09/29/05 @ 15:28
Comment from: Jeff [Visitor]
It doesn't really matter if Pressel gets to the LPGA anyway, because Paula Creamer is going to win nearly every tournament next year anyway.

Pressel can only hit the ball short. Creamer will blast all the other players off the course like she did at the Evian Masters.

Also ask Laura Davies about the Solheim cup when Paula bet the pants off her.
09/29/05 @ 16:05
Comment from: Brian [Visitor]
Actually, Morgan would have had another chance to qualify in Venice, FL, had she not shot her 63. Maybe knowing that she had a second chance helped her...
10/12/05 @ 16:29