« Top Ten Things You Won't Hear at a Fantasy Football DraftIt's an upside-down leaderboard at the Weetabix Women's British Open »

Dude, if I told you how many times I've had shards, splinters, chips, whatever, of rakes go into my skin, you'd be sick of my voice. I always grab rakes with the most gingerly motion, as if I were lifting a baby bird. They are weapons, baby! Happy birthday...you look great for 65.
08/24/06 @ 14:44
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Member] Email
Hey, it's my birthday this month too -- today, in fact. Surely this offsets the sad Baldwin coincidence.
08/24/06 @ 17:01
Comment from: Chris Baldwin [Member] Email
Jennifer, I always knew we shared some kind of cosmic connection! I've always had a thing for slightly delusional (see using Michelle Wie & champion in same sentence) older women too.

This is perfect. You've warmed my heart as usual. Tell me you're left-handed too and I'd even give Kiel, our liberal loony college prof, a hug.

08/24/06 @ 19:19
Comment from: Ghet Rheel [Visitor]
Happy birthday! Have had the same experince with the fiberglass rakes. Can't say if the claim that they are unbreakable is true or not. But, I know for a fact that they are NOT unsinkable in pond water.
08/24/06 @ 20:22
Comment from: Jennifer Mario [Member] Email
Sorry to disappoint, Chris, but I am in fact right-handed. Happy birthday anyway!
08/24/06 @ 21:33
Comment from: Dave Marrandette [Visitor]
Ditto on the Happy Birthday. Sorry, don't have anything witty to say, just Congrats and many more.

P.S. How's the book doing?
08/25/06 @ 08:54
Comment from: Stacy [Visitor]
Happy Birthday Jennifer.

I am left-handed!

Most of the bunkers on the publinks courses I play at have real sand in them somewhere, you just have to dig deep under the rocks to find it!
08/25/06 @ 10:16
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
August must be the birth month of great minds. Mine was August 2.

I rarely use rakes because I rarely hit into bunkers. Hope your husband feels better...
08/25/06 @ 13:46
One more update...I almost threw a rake into the woods today. It had a crushed barrel where the handle is, just perfect for more porcupine-quill penetration, whatever that is.
08/25/06 @ 17:14
Comment from: Ghet Rheel [Visitor]
Help rake makers feed their starving children. Trash a worn-out rake today!
08/25/06 @ 18:33
Comment from: Jam Boy [Visitor]
Happy Birthday Jennifer. Hope you have many more. Really glad to see you're still writing. You always make me smile.
08/31/06 @ 19:04