« Pine Needles ranks high among golf writers and U.S. Women's Open competitorsNobody doesn't like Sarah Lee, except maybe her competition this week at the Michelob ULTRA Open »

Comment from: TB [Visitor]
You are a joke. Kiss some more Wie butt and leave us alone. There is a 12 year that actaully qualifies for tourneys unlike your free falling girlfriend who had to use her daddy's connection to Stanford to get her into that institution. Enough out of you already.
06/26/07 @ 18:35
Comment from: Joe R [Visitor] Email
c) Any LPGA event with Michelle Wie in it means I'll have plenty to write home about.

Maybe she will set a new personal record and not make the cut. Of course her phony wrist injury will be what you all right about.

You neglected to mention in a poll on the USGA website that "your" champion was picked by 91% of the people...............NOT to win.

06/26/07 @ 19:12
Comment from: Booger [Visitor] Email
Best bet: Wie misses cut.
06/26/07 @ 20:18
Comment from: TB [Visitor]
Norman, Ms Wie, "The Champion in the Making", only qualified via her exemption to last year's Open. The first tourney she truly qualifies for on her own will be her first. No comment on Bubbles using her father's success and legacy at Stanford to get in? Just another example of her getting a free pass.
06/26/07 @ 21:49
Comment from: The Constructivist [Visitor] Email
JM picks Pettersen and all anyone can comment on is Wie? You'd think the anti-Wie army would figure out that just shutting up about her would hurt her more than continuing to flame her. What-evah!
06/27/07 @ 03:18
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor] Email
TB, I hate to break the news to you, but Michelle's father never attended Stanford.

If your interested in reading about the events Michelle qualified for (to clear up any ignorance on your part), you may read her golf biography on the LPGA website here:

06/27/07 @ 04:09
Comment from: BabooBat [Visitor]
"Wie's grandfather, an aunt and an uncle went to Stanford..."
06/27/07 @ 08:28
Comment from: BabooBat [Visitor]
"Wie's grandfather, an uncle and an aunt went to Stanford..."
06/27/07 @ 08:29
Comment from: OhBoy [Visitor]
A Wiebot calling someone ignorant? Now that's the pot calling the kettle black.
06/27/07 @ 13:40
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Member] Email
On stats alone, Creamer has a good shot -- near the top in putts per GIR, driving acc., total putts, # of holes under par. All good things for a US Open.

She played well in the 2004 US Open, on another Donald Ross course. Pine Needles sets up nicely for her. Didn't she have some sort of injury recently, though?
06/27/07 @ 13:42
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor] Email
Oh Boy, if the truth be known I am a Golf bot. I'm actually hoping Karrie, Julie or Pat are left standing on top at the end of play. I've been a fan of their play for a long time.

I think I hit the nail on the head with my comment:

igˇnoˇrance

?noun
the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

or maybe:

ignorance

noun
the lack of knowledge or education

Use these for your own education Golf Hater.
06/27/07 @ 15:27
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor] Email
#1 pick: Juli Inkster- I've been a fan of hers since she started as a rookie in the early 80's
#2 Pick: Nicole Castrale.. Always liked her style of play.

#3 pick: My Long shot... One of my favorites Reilly Rankin. I just love this ladies guts and grit.
06/27/07 @ 15:49
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor] Email
Woops, Rankin Really is a long shot, lol. I don't see her name on the boards.
mybad.
My other Long shot pick then would have to be
Alexis Thompson, just cause...
06/27/07 @ 15:53
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Member] Email
Inkster would be a GREAT story...
So would Webb making her come-back complete with a major...
06/27/07 @ 15:55
Comment from: Visitor [Visitor]
One-Putt said,

"Over her brief career Michelle has qualified for many USGA events including a USGA women's event she won to qualify for a spot in the U.S. Women's Open when she was thirteen."

One-Putt,

Does the winner of the US Women's Public Links receive an automatic exemption to the US Open the same as the men, or did MW actually go through sectional qualifying in 2003 and earn her way to the US Open?

You may use the internet to answer this question.

Now that you have verified how wrong you are, please tell me One-Putt, who is the ignorant one here?

Personally, I wish people like you would look up their facts before opening their yaps. Your lack of intelligence just bores me to death.
06/27/07 @ 18:50
Comment from: Paddy [Visitor] Email
One-Putt,
You mentioned how Wie qualified for the US Womens Open as a 13 year old by her Publinx win. Actually that just gave her an exemption to Sectional qualifying.
Ironically she qualified from the same sectional event as Morgan Pressel and both of them shot identical scores.
06/27/07 @ 20:20
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor] Email
I've been MIA for a while, Jen. But I was thinking that Ochoa, Creamer & Lincicome had the best shot. So much for my thinking, huh?
07/11/07 @ 15:34