« This week's Sybase Classic: a rubber match for Lorena Ochoa and Annika Sorenstam?Annika Sorenstam and Lorena Ochoa neck and neck at the Michelob Ultra Open »

Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
Watching Michelle at her last tournament gave me the impression that she was REALLY playing "just for fun." For a pro that was not going to make the cut on a 6300 yard course under ideal conditions, the smiles and good nature of Michelle was puzzling. It seems her attitude is "I have made more money than Sorenstam has in her entire career, so what is the big deal that I missed the cut." I do not think 2008 will be a bright star for Michelle. I doubt if she will make ANY cuts in the tournaments she will play. I doubt that she will qualify for the U.S. Open since Interlachen has many trees and narrow fairways. We shall see.
05/13/08 @ 15:02
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
Whitworth was a great golfer, however, in her time she probably only had maybe five golfers that was any competition at all. Todays competition is so much better than in the 50's, 60's and 70's.
05/13/08 @ 17:04
Comment from: Goddess Wie [Visitor]
Michelle Wie is breathing a huge sigh of relief.

She was later caught saying under her breath "It's like, the PGA must be forcing her out, you know? 'Cause she dared defy me, you know? What a loser. Thank goodness I don't ever have to see that old bag again."
05/13/08 @ 17:27
Comment from: BV [Visitor]
Yes, I wish she would stick long enough to make a run at Whitworth's record too. And/or a single-season slam. All that aside, Annika has been a MAJOR force in theworld of golf and I wish her all the best in whatever the future hols for her.

Wie-bashers...honestly, give it a rest ok? MW is sooooo old news, just a Nike-rich college drop-out, and of no real interest to anyone! ;)
05/14/08 @ 12:02
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
BV,

Agreed, as far as Bubbles goes.

Alex USMC 1969-73
05/16/08 @ 13:57
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
Come on guys, lighten up...Bubbles said she was going to win all four majors in 2009 if she can get the exemptions!
07/15/08 @ 19:29

Dates: June 1, 2014 - September 30, 2014
Considered by many to be the flagship of Kootenay golf courses, Kokanee Springs Resort Club offers the perfect mix of nature and golf in a magnificent mountain setting. Play 2 rounds and stay at nearby Kootenay Lake View Lodge!