« JP Hayes: The most honest golfer in the world? Or just plain crazy?Here we go again... Michelle Wie, at the top of the leaderboard, gets DQ'd from State Farm Classic »

Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
Thanks Jen.

Sigh. If only I didn't share my e-mail address with my beloved husband.

There may be the odd cross-posting in future, however.

PS Welcome back!
11/12/08 @ 13:47
Comment from: Jennifer Mario [Member] Email
Thanks Wendy!
So.... what would you want in the locker room??
11/12/08 @ 15:09
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
So....Retief holding a nice big fluffy towel as you climbed out of the shower wasn't on your radar then?

I am possibly the least qualified person I know to answer your question. Despite playing golf three times a week throughout the year, I can't remember the last time I stepped into our clubhouse locker room. I put my golf shoes on in the car, call in at the pro shop for my card and I'm away. Straight back to the car after playing, or if we stop for a coffee/beer afterwards, I usually kick my shoes off at the door and go to the bar in my socks. If we holiday in Scotland, we usually play at courses which don't even have a clubhouse, let alone a locker room - usually a hut with an "honesty box" for payment! On the Continent, if it's been a hot day and we're stopping for lunch in the clubhouse, hot water in the shower, said big fluffy towel, and possibly a working hair dryer leaves me a perfectly happy bunny.

You'll need someone a little more up-market than me, I'm afraid. I'll understand if you re-dedicate!!
11/13/08 @ 11:24
Comment from: golfgirl [Visitor] Email
I'm really late on this, I know, but I want a sauna please. That would be awesome on days like today when it's in the thirties. Maybe a Jacuzzi too. Plus awesome showers. Yes, those are my requests, however with the economy as it is currently I suppose they'll be ignored. Damn.
11/24/08 @ 19:50
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
Patricia, I was about to question your sanity in wanting a sauna with temperatures in the thirties, but then recalled that when I lived in Kuwait I used the sauna too. Can't for the life of me remember why - except that it was there.

Oh wait, having just read your latest blog, I realise that I'm operating on a different temperature scale!! Now whose sanity is in question?

Jen/Patricia - having teed off in 2C/36F yesterday morning (but sunny) and packed it in after 9 holes, the temperature having rocketed to 7C/45F but with icy shards biting into my face from the bitter north-east wind, and sun gone to southern parts, I think I could become an upmarket girl and second the vote for the sauna after all - fat chance at my club however.

Still, eat your hearts out some of you bloggers - that's as low as the temperature gets in my part of UK, so I'll be out there again tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving All.
11/27/08 @ 14:12
Comment from: Jennifer Mario [Member] Email
Ooh, a sauna. Damn, why didn't I think of that?
11/30/08 @ 14:03

This post has 6 feedbacks awaiting moderation...

Dates: January 1, 2014 - May 11, 2014
The lodge is a 16-room facility just steps away from the clubhouse. It features 12 rooms on the first floor and a pair of two-bedroom suites upstairs. Six of the standard rooms and both suites overlook the first tee and feature a patio. In addition, we have six beautiful homes on property that are completely furnished. Four of these cottages are located on or near Lake AuSable while the other two line the fairway of hole No. 7.