« Planning the perfect golf trip Pt. 1: The Legacy Golf Course in Springfield, Tenn.Straight Aim putters: Everything but the kitchen sink »

Comment from: Ken [Visitor]
Carolyn Bivens is no Pete Rozelle. The LPGA shows a complete lack of foresight, even to the point of antagonzing the media.

They need to reassess their priorities.
05/17/06 @ 16:27
Comment from: Stacy [Visitor]
Thanks Kiel. I really thought that once we were on the LPGA and Sybase mailing lists for the event (after we sent out our credential paperwork) that we were going to be approved.

Can you believe that we're STILL receiving press releases from the powers that be as well as from Sybase directly?

Just this morning I received another email from Paul Rovnak asking, "Stacy: Is there a phone number I can call you at on Wednesday to discuss your application?"

What is going on here? Am I missing something?
05/17/06 @ 16:52
Comment from: Barry G. Solomon [Visitor]
Hi Kiel, I just wanted to thank you for relating your personal history.

Stacy does most of the communicating, however the ideas are from both of us.

Since you have already gone through this process and we are new at this, can you give us some tips so we don't repeat this rejection with the upcoming Open at the Foot.

We live and work just minutes away. Our papers have been turned in and we are awaiting confirmation.

Thanks in advance for any help.
05/17/06 @ 18:26
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor]
Stacy--I can believe it. One hand rarely knows what the other is doing. For example, after writing a series of stories on The Amercian Club in Kohler, Wis., I was on the media list for the PGA Championship at Whistling Straits. Then, when the event neared, all of the sudden, I couldn't raise any sort of response from the Kohler folks or the PGA. Again, I simply got tired of fighting and moved on.

Barry--For the US Women's Open, I found it easier to get credentials as a freelance writer for a Western Mass Golf Magazine, who had asked me to write several stories on the championship. I also wrote for TravelGolf.com (but not as much as I could have, since TG's editor at the time--who is no longer here and shall remain nameless--told me he didn't want more than one US Women's Open story!!). I know it was a cop-out to join up with a tradtional print magazine, but it was MUCH simpler.

So if you want to make sure of your access, I'd recommend something similar. However, if you want to fight the power, document your past articles/blogs/podcasts and cite hard readership (or hit) numbers. And tell the USGA that they're better and smarter than the LPGA.
05/17/06 @ 23:32
Comment from: Bill [Visitor]
Keil...

Nice thought, but the internet is not going to help a sinking ship. Look at the product... What do they have to offer, the Asian Invasion and lesbians?

If I am corporate American, I am looking for straight, white, attractive American girls to sink my money in. Not Mo-Goo-Ping-Ling and a bunch of overweight, crew cut dykes...

Sadly, the feeder for the tour, college golf has the same coming along... Probably 50% or more of the college scene is gay and American schools are going abroad for talent...

As I said, a dying ship...

05/18/06 @ 09:30
Comment from: Ken [Visitor]
Yeah you're right bill, no one wants to sponsor non-white Michelle (Ping-Ping-Ding-Ling) Wie. She's destitute and living in your mama's trailer park...
05/18/06 @ 19:28
Comment from: Jay [Visitor]
Comment from: Ken [Visitor]

***************
LOL !!!

LPGA has drama, it is not a sinking ship. Of course you have the talented and beautiful Wie, but the emergence of Webb and other new talents have stirred a lot of attentions.

Asian invasion, while not so media friendly, is a shot in the arm to the lazy American players. No more goofing around, it means hard work and serious business.
05/18/06 @ 20:05
Comment from: Ken [Visitor]
Jay, not to mention the gorgeous, uh I mean talented Korean-American Jeanette Lee aka "The Black Widow". She's popular with the fans and media, and a winner. A legend in the women's pool circuit.
05/18/06 @ 20:42
Comment from: Wayne [Visitor]
Welcome to being the "New Kids on the Block." It would take time for the technologically challenged doofuses to catch up with the new medium. Give it time, they'll come around, I hope.
05/18/06 @ 22:34
Comment from: Wayne [Visitor]
Just for you Ken, a short video clip of the greatest 9-ball player in the history of pool in action. The guy's name is Efren Reyes (the Magician) of the Philippines. He and his compatriots revolutionized how the game is played worldwide. I would have to thank Bangkok Al for leading me to this info.
05/19/06 @ 05:14
Comment from: Wayne [Visitor]
Alex, here is a great picture of Michelle in Korea with her security detail. These men are big and experts in Taekwondo. Click on the link below.

05/19/06 @ 06:30
Comment from: Wayne [Visitor]
Oops. Sorry, wrong pic. Above link is right.
05/19/06 @ 06:32
Comment from: Ken [Visitor]
Great one Wayne, thanks.
05/19/06 @ 14:24
Comment from: Stacy [Visitor]
Looks like the guy on the right is staring at MW's chest...
05/21/06 @ 13:28
Comment from: Wayne [Visitor]
Stacy, you're right, and the bodyguards are all wearing Nike shirts. MW must have felt safe and secure. Here are more pics of MW having fun in Korea.

1. Michelle
2. Footloose
3. and fancy-free
4. Hey, that's illegal
5. Secure the perimeter
6. Somebody call the Gucci people
7. May the best man win
8. Simple Simon says:
9. Lift your right foot up
10. Who wants to go to the bathroom?
11. Signed, sealed, delivered
12. Having a Kodak moment
05/21/06 @ 18:25
Comment from: Stacy [Visitor]
Wayne,
Wiesy is turning into a real "hottie". Love the dancing pics and the one where she stands a head taller than Choi.
05/23/06 @ 18:10
Comment from: Ken [Visitor]
Which makes me wonder...what kid's gonna have the guts to ask her to the prom in 2 years? Then to ring the front door and there's B.J. and the missus...I'd drop.
05/24/06 @ 15:47
Comment from: Wayne [Visitor]
Yeah, the kid might put up with the Nike bodyguards, the media people following them around, but all bets are off when it comes to B.J. breathing down your neck.
05/26/06 @ 11:51
Remarkable Thumbnails: Persons may click on on a video completely based on this factor. Get a compelling thumbnail that catches eyes.
12/24/10 @ 11:45
Comment from: Casie Burkhard [Visitor]
Congratulations on having one of the most sophisticated blogs Ive come across in some time! Its just amazing just how much it is possible to take away from some thing merely due to how visually gorgeous it is. Youve put together a fantastic blog space --great graphics, videos, layout. This is undoubtedly a must-see blog!
01/11/11 @ 19:33