« First shot at PGA Championship is going to be SmallGolf myths revealed on website, sort of »

Comment from: TW [Visitor]
This is just typical of blogs using Michelle to stir interest with Bull S**t.
Kiel your comments serve absolutely no purpose except to bash Michelle. It like saying why does 2 or 3 football players get cramps in a game and all the others don't, and they have a lot of people looking out for them the whole game trying to prevent it from happening. People's bodies react different ways. From what I read afterwards, Michelle found out she needed more than water, she needed to replace electolites. But it was her 1st time also to have that occur. Get her case with BS.
08/10/06 @ 17:40
Comment from: Dave Marrandette [Visitor]
Kiel, having a cart boy or two around does serve a very useful purpose: it gets them through college. This is from personal knowledge having run a course in MB for a few years.

Of course, I'm sure you realize that all the Wie-ites will be in your figurative blogging face. When I was in high school in MA we would play golf all summer, in the heat and humidity, usually more than 18 per day and carry our own bags. Never recall anyone having any problems. Good luck with the Wie-ites.
08/10/06 @ 18:15
Comment from: TW [Visitor]
Dave,

I have a suggestion for you. You had better know how to take care of yourself if you are to play golf in Texas or Florida in the summer on very hot and humid days. Just to the fact that some people adjust well to changes in climates other than what they are use to, like I said before it is so stupid to compare how peoples bodies respond to situations. You're just looking for BS to bash Michelle to satisfy your own fragle egos.
08/10/06 @ 18:27
Comment from: Jay [Visitor]
Cheap shots to a 16 yr old. How low can you guys go ?

Kiel, did you join the bandwagon of Timmy Mac and Baldwin to get high hits on your blog ?

At least Timmy adds some humor.
08/11/06 @ 01:14
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Being a cart boy at a Country Club didn't get me through college, but it got me to Bahamas for spring break senior year of high school.

Tipping a cart boy so they can get through college, Dave? Ya, and we slip money in g-strings at a nudy bar to get her through law school. When you tip a cart boy, you're helping them buy subwoofers too big for their Ford Escort or the QP of pot for their upcoming summer road trip. :-)

I could do without cart boys at most public courses as well, especially since most of them age-discriminate against their own kind and don't even go after my bags when older high-rollers like Kiel are forking over cash for them to do nothing.

08/11/06 @ 09:22
Comment from: Spencer Hux [Member] Email
I used to feel the same way about "cart boys" or girls until I worked briefly as a caddie and had to fill in for the cart guys. I now have a new perspective on them, so I'm a little more patient with their antics and I'm more generous when leaving the course. There is still a line that some cross, (for instance, meeting the player before he/she parks the cart) making them really irritating.

My next complaint about courses- rangers who drive into the fairway and actually watch a player hit shots while providing commentary. I'm not sure that I'll ever gain a new perspective on this problem.
08/11/06 @ 09:38
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor]
Spencer - I agree. Those rangers are the WORST. I've had them pull right up behind me in the middle of my backswing.

Re. Michelle Wie -- Hey, I labeled my comments as gratuitous. Besides, what I said was hardly a pot-shot, simply a statement of fact. Most of all, however, it was a little experiment to see how many responses even the slightest hint of negativity about Ms Wie (of whom I have been consistently supportive on these pages) would garner. Folks are indeed touchy.
08/11/06 @ 12:54
Comment from: Dan R [Visitor]
Great comments; I hate having cart boys grabbing my stuff out of my trunk before I have a chance to make sure everything I want for that round is in my bag. Even worse the boy who waits on 18 and wipes my clubs, I'd rather he stand there with a tin cup and beg for money, then some useless club wiping. I carry a wet towel and wipe mine as I go anyway. I agree "LEAVE MY CLUBS ALONE"
Michelle Wie is another topic, she is so hyped up by her agency that it is hard to tell who is the real Michelle. Brittany Lincicome beat her like a drum in the match play and Brittany gets no financial support or press, but the talk is still about Michelle Wie. Michelle is a very talented 16 year old golfer.......so was Ty Tryon.
08/11/06 @ 14:25
Ty Tryon is the Maurice Clarett of golf. Well, not exactly, I think Ty walks the streets as a free man. Wonder what Ty did with his Callaway money? There is no comparison, Dan R, between Ty and MW...Ty never placed anywhere in any tour events, whereas Wie has place very well in close to ten tour events. Kiel, when you say "pot-shot," is that a reference to Brandon's weed comment, or not? TW, what does "get her case with BS" mean? Is that english translated to french, translated back to english?
08/11/06 @ 14:58
Comment from: Jay [Visitor]
******************
Bad design of experiment. You need to put "Wie" somewhere on the title. Otherwise the vultures can't smell the blood and won't gather. (like putting a corpse in a ziplock bag)
08/11/06 @ 18:31
Comment from: TW [Visitor]
Ron Mon

It was a typo-o, Sorry I happen to make a mistake, can't be perfect like you all the time. Should have been "Get off her cast with BS." I think you even knew what I ment to say.
08/11/06 @ 19:13
Comment from: TW [Visitor]
opps another typo-o

sb "case"
08/11/06 @ 19:19
TW, I am going to buy you a new keyboard, so that these typographic errors stop happening. I almost busted a nut laughing when I saw the second typo.
08/11/06 @ 20:06
or should that be "burst" a nut?
08/11/06 @ 20:11
Comment from: Dan R [Visitor]
Ron Mon missed the point; Tryon was a lot of hype, Callaway gave him big money and he did little, Michelle attempts to play on the PGA and misses the cut and gets a big contract, she attempts to play the PGA again, and misses the cut and gets another contract?!?! People seem to miss the point with her; she has won NOTHING, she has had little or no success in junior events, she is a media player. Listen to her post event interview "I played well but got some bad breaks", yeah like missing critical putts?! She got a lot of notariety because she could hit a long ball, Brittany Lincicome stayed with her or blew by her when she beat her up in the match play.Sadly she is being used by her agency, her parents and sponsors, she should be allowed to be a 16 year old, play in events she can handle, mature and become the player her potential shows. We may never know how good she could be, because the John Deere showed that she is beginning to show signs of burn out. She took the easy way out by quitting. Ken Venturi won a major with heat stroke so bad he was vomiting as he played, he could have quit also. I wonder if she was coached by her agency to feign illness since she had no chance to make the cut?
08/11/06 @ 21:43
Comment from: TW [Visitor]
Ron,

I don't claim to be a writer, I'm here for the enjoyment of reading the articles of people like you. So pardon my typing as it added humor to your day and it did get me to at least look at your blog but was a little dry for my taste, but at least it wasn't creating fodder using Michelle as the drawing card like some blogs here. Have a nice day.
08/11/06 @ 21:48
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor]
Jay--This was the baseline condition. Unable to run a fully counterbalanced factorial design with a blog, I had to know how many comments a hotlinked, internal reference to Wie would draw. A bit down the line, I'll compare this result with one where she's in the headline. Lots of unconstrained variables, I know, but on the bright side, even this benign, unadvertised mention drew in the likes of TW, et al. Good sniffers on some of our readers!
08/11/06 @ 23:23
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Brandie,

With the way you liberals tip (because you're all talk with respect to your rhetoric about helping your fellow man), I wouldn't be surprised if the cart boys avoid you like the plague.
08/14/06 @ 12:07
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
I just got back from playing 12 straight days in central and south Florida, where it was well over 90 and heavy, oppressive humidity.

It was miserable, but i didn't faint or have to quit once. And I only drank gatorade a couple times.

08/15/06 @ 13:18
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Kiel old bud... I had no problem with your little snippet about Wie, it was the stinky cigar that made me wonder about your sanity.
The kid should have lost the cigars too.
All that fresh air and you go stink it up with a cigar?

Ok, just kidding ! Where else can a man go smoke a stogie and not have the women folk all over you? ( Unless you have a foursome of ladies behind you )By the way, with Castro on his last legs, you may even get a fine Cuban to light up soon, unless you have a Canadian buddy that travels to the verbotten zone.
08/15/06 @ 21:11
Ahhhh, a man after my own heart! One of life's simple pleasures is a nice cigar during a round of golf. After many years of sampling, I've discovered that my favorite brand is anything made by El Rey del Mundo (King of the World), but especially the torpedo-style Flor de Llaneza model. Mercy!
08/16/06 @ 13:18
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Member] Email
Why is it that figurado cigars (torpedoes--tapered on both ends--and pyramids--tapered on one end only) draw so much better? Better shape or better, more-experienced rollers? I agree, Shanks, El Rey del Mundo produces exceptional cigars.
08/16/06 @ 13:47
Comment from: Dan R [Visitor]
Poor Michelle, she shoots 78, 7 over and her comments are"I was only 2 over if you take away the par 3's(she was 5 over for those), and that's not too bad"!!??!!??
She is in so far over her head it is pathetic; people will soon tire of watching her miss cuts, putts, etc., etc.
09/07/06 @ 19:41