« Placid-O is golf's next great game-improvement deviceSMT Golf shafts now long-drive champs, along with clubheads »

Comment from: Cal [Visitor] Email
I just want to correct Kiel and mention that the Shling carry system is featured on the OGIO website. It is the standard carry system for both the Vision SS and Flight SS golf bags.
10/06/06 @ 22:44
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor] Email
The Schling is MENTIONED on the website, but it is not featured; it's noted in the fine print in the specs of those two bags. Do a site search of the site for 'Schling," and teh website's own search engine returns no results.
10/06/06 @ 23:31
Comment from: Mister Salvitory [Visitor] Email
I kill puppies for fun & profit.
12/06/06 @ 12:03
Comment from: jody [Visitor] Email
But is it possible to put a regular carry strap back on if you do not like the
shling? I would like to buy a new bag but
not if I get stuck with something that won't work for me. I usually always carry on 9 and am female. Do you think it will fit a womans shoulders as well?
10/20/07 @ 12:41
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Member] Email
That is an excellent question. Based on
how the Ogio SS looks, it would be
possible to fit a regular strap on it.
I'd recommend trying the Schling on for
comfort, first. The pads are adjustable to
a point, but not sure how well the yolk-like
mechanism would fit a woman.
10/20/07 @ 18:47
Comment from: Karson52 [Visitor] Email
Thanks for this!
11/20/09 @ 10:29
Comment from: ruby [Visitor] Email
Girlfriend gave me a "Shling" bag for Christmas. I looked to see everyone else's opinion on the bag so I'll leave a few of my own observations. Currently I have an Ogio stand bag with a double stap system. I like the bag but it has always been difficult getting my left arm through the second stap. The shling clipped right on to my current bag so I could test it on a fully loaded bag. It was a little awkward the first couple of times I tried to put it on but I soon got the hang of it. I like the ease of handling much better than the double strap. The adjustable pads are very difficult to lock and unlock. In fact I broke one of my thumbnails and ended up using a screwdriver to lock them back in place. And I had to adjust the pads a lot. I have large trapezius muscles and I never could find a comfortable position for the yoke. After putting it on and off for the 15 minutes of adjusting it had already rubbed the skin of my shoulders till they were sore. The "handle" of the shling also digs into my right chest muscle when I stood with the bag on. Perhaps this something that you get use to. I will give it another chance by using it for a round of golf with my old bag. I think the shling is a clever idea for ease of handling the bag but due to the discomfort issues I'm probably going to take the bag back.
09/15/10 @ 01:57

Dates: April 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Stay & Play packages available at Covered Bridge Golf Club with local hotels in the area starting as low as $104.96/person. Packages include 18 holes with cart at either course, one night's lodging, and continental breakfast.