« Nike's SQ SUMO driver spawns full line of clubsBlogger Ron Mon claims he's better than God »

Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
If the NBA can change defense rules so Wade and Lebron can get fouled 20 times a game, Finchem should be able to cater at least a little to his top boys.
09/04/07 @ 00:39
Comment from: 2under [Visitor] Email
Kiel,

You are trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Phil didn't say he was looking to skip the rest of the playoffs, just Cog Hill.

Tiger was villified in the media for missing a week. Do you think that maybe Phil was trying to pre-emptively deflect the controversy of missing the event by placing some blame on Finchem? I think that is the case.

Everyone knows the Tour Championship is the crown jewel of this playoff. Phil put himself in a position of advantage, because he can now afford to take a week off to "rest". I think he may think that as well. My contention all along was that Tiger felt his best chance would be to compete in the final three events, given his competitive record on each of the four courses. Phil isn't much different. ANd now that he has won, he is looking to give himself the best shot to win the Tour Championship by taking the week off from Cog Hill. And if I am not mistaken, Cog Hill isn't his favorite golf course.

So I think this was a freebee for Phil to get his pokes in with Finchem and the PGA.
An immature snipe? Possibly. A condemnation of the FedEx? Hardly. Actions speak louder than words.

09/04/07 @ 09:42
Comment from: Disappointed [Visitor]
I loved every minute of yesterday's shootout between Tiger and Phil which only happened because of the FEDEX cup. It needs some changes but the rules of golf evolve too.

Maybe even more dramatic was the shootout at the LPGA State Farm Classic between Sherri Steinhauer and Christina Kim. Sherri was the last standing after an amazing putt for putt duel on the last 3 holes. Annika showed that her recovery is coming along with her strong third place finish.

I can't believe that not ONE of you "golf writers" even gave it a mention. You all waste an incredible amount of time on spoiled teenagers but not ONE word on fine golfers who, I suspect, could humiliate any of you on a course.

I love golf. All golf. I can't hit it like I did 40 years ago but I play as much as I can. I wish I could hit like a girl.
09/04/07 @ 10:59
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor] Email
Disappointed:

That's a very fair criticism. I've written more than most this season and for several years about the LPGA and Futures Tour. I was to have attended the State Farm Classic, but was called away for family reasons. I wish I had been there in person to see it. Sounds
like the new venue was a hit, too. I like Christina Kim a lot -- wrote about her when she was a rookie in 2004. She hits the ball a mile. Fun to watch!
09/04/07 @ 11:27
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Disappointed,

Here's a clue: No one cares about the LPGA.

I also have to ask you if you lament the fact that we're not talking about the Nationwide Tour. You said that you ". . . love golf. All golf," and the Nationwide Players play at a higher level than the pitty-pat golf tour, so why not focus on their exploits?

People fixate on the PGA because it is the grand stage; fourth-rate realms don't excite.
09/04/07 @ 11:33
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor] Email
Also a fair citicism/comment, JS. I for one would like to hear more about the Nationwide Tour here and in all golf pubs. Many of these guys will be in the big Show in the coming years.
09/04/07 @ 14:35
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor] Email
Ok, so he's just skipping one. His comments immediately after winning were vague with respect to how many he wouldn't feel bad about missing. Finchem's breathing easier.
09/04/07 @ 21:15
If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.
12/20/10 @ 00:50
Comment from: Almeta Walding [Visitor]
It's surprising just how much on this I just didn't fully understand. Appreciate your writing this information. I will be certain to come back right here to check out if you have any kind of brand-new information.
01/11/11 @ 08:35