Comment from: gary slatter [Visitor]
Agree about Ron Garl 100%. Has done great work in US and Canada for many years, you should see his personal collection of golf clubs !
05/11/05 @ 10:06
Comment from: Derek Duncan [Visitor]
Ron Garl has indeed designed some wonderful courses, particularly Victoria Hills in Deland, FL, but I'm confused about your comment regarding his 16 courses on Golfweek's "America's best golf courses" list: Golfweek issues an America's Best 100 Modern Courses list and an America's Best 100 Classic Courses list, and I can't find any Garl courses on either. Care to elaborate? Also, maybe you could recommend for your readers some of the better Garl courses they should look for, and exactly what sets them apart.
05/11/05 @ 14:26
Comment from: Rebel Blogger [Member] Email
Derek,

Yes, thanks for the response.
I got the 16 courses from here...
Ron Garl column. Give me a day and I will elaborate on some of his better work.
05/11/05 @ 14:36
Comment from: Mickey Liera [Visitor]
Crown Golf Properties' Northdale Golf & Tennis Club stands out as one of Ron Garl's finest in Tampa and a great home for golf value. Join as a CrownClub member (free) and you can reap your rewards in golf and more.
www.northdalegolf.com

But then there are the Lane Marshall's of the world as well. Check out Lansbrook Golf Club's outstanding design and layout. www.lansbrook-golf.com for more info on his course.
05/11/05 @ 15:05
Comment from: Derek Duncan [Visitor]
I'd still like to know where and what those 16 courses are. I can't find any on the Golfweek lists.
05/12/05 @ 09:35
Comment from: ronald montesano [Visitor]
What does oogle have to do with girls? Do you mean "ogle"? Garl is tremendous; check out his north-of-the-border masterpiece at Taboo in the Muskoka region of Ontario (http://www.muskokasands.com/intro.php)
05/12/05 @ 12:40
Comment from: Rebel Blogger [Member] Email
Well, you "ogle" ....I oogle. It's a Southern thing.
Rebel
05/12/05 @ 12:59
Comment from: Ronald Montesano [Visitor]
Awww, shucks. I went to Wake Forest, so I speak a bit of southern. Things like y'all and we'uns, but I also dabble in West Virginny and Pennsylvania. On truly exotic days, I put to the test my ontarian and venture north. I'm pretty certain, however, that a good ogle causes one to emit a satisfied oogle. Peace out, RB
05/12/05 @ 13:38

Dates: January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Our original course, Fox Creek surrounds the resort with 27 holes of parkland-style golf. The villa-lined fairways with mature weeping willows and "just enough" water hazards challenge the novice golfer and makes Fox Creek an ideal course for your golf outing or tournament fundraiser.