« Ultimate Showdowns: Mianne Bagger vs. Wie, Tiger and Retief, Buddy Mariucci vs. Europe, and a minor FBR OpenThe International, The World Golf Championships Match Play and other interesting PGA Tour events »

Comment from: trip [Visitor]
You are a brave man Ron Mon invoking the name of Chuck Norris. Tiger's swing is powerful, but a Norris roundhouse kick...Remember Chuck does not sleep, he waits and the last thing you may see in this lifetime is the undersole of a size 11 Norris boot.
02/01/06 @ 12:15
I had no idea how powerful Chuck had become for the younger generation. He is a god, in the most farsical sense of the word. I think that golfers should unite to create a similar mythos surrounding Tiger. You've seen my first attempt. Now you give me something amazing that Tiger can do.
02/01/06 @ 12:50
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
Chuck is one of the nicest people on Earth. Don't believe everything you see or hear on the screen and think that is Chuck. He is the type that will stop his truck for a dog injured on the side of the road, gently place it in the back and pay whatever it takes to let it recover.

When he speeks at a school or youth confinement facility he asks for a separate session with the troubled youth, not to talk at them, just to talk with them and encourage them to change.

02/01/06 @ 13:10
I believe it. I love Bruce Lee, Chuck, and martial arts in general. Do you have a tall Tiger Woods tale to contribute?
02/01/06 @ 13:20
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
No Mo-Ron no Tiger tails (sic). Just the facts as I know them.

What discipine of Korean martial arts did you train in?

Hop Ki Do?
Tang Soo Do?
Mok Duk Kwan?
Westernized Tae Kwon Do maybe?

No Ron, I have you pegged as someone who lives life vicariously with what you learn from comic books, movies and the boob tube.

Your blogs have revealed your sources of inspiration.

They ain't real Grasshopper!

02/01/06 @ 14:15
You couldn't be farther from the truth, one putt. Those who make assumptions reveal their foolishness. Under Par has made the same mistake, but I welcome his comments, as I do yours.

My style is a combination of Tang soo do and american street fighting.

My guess is that you have much more time to fool around with comic books, cable t.v. movies and the web than I do.

As a full-time father and husband with three jobs, community commitments, and no criminal record, I humbly grab the world by the throat and shake it for all it is worth. I happen to have a photographic memory for trivial facts.

Welcome to my world.
02/01/06 @ 14:19
Comment from: JOYCE LONG [Visitor]
ARE YOU MONT GREEN ,?????? THAT WORKED AT THE COUNTRY CLUB IN ALBANY OREGON .
IF YOU ARE HOW IN YHE HECK ARE YOU , I WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO YOU SOME TIME .
JOYCE
02/01/06 @ 14:49
I am not Mont Green, but I'm sure he is a tremendous chap. My time in Oregon was ten days last Summer, at Bandon. Keep reading and commenting, though.
02/01/06 @ 15:00