« Golf Media Triangle: Tiger Woods at Dubai, Michelle Wie, and John DalyMid-Tourney Crisis For Tiger Woods in Dubai »

Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
"These guys are good, but this game is difficult."

Well Ron, you have opened the door for Norman with this quote. The next time you write about Michelle missing a PGA cut, he will toss this one right back at ya pal.

02/04/06 @ 12:55
Mr. Putt,

Remember, I don't defend nor criticize Miss Wie beyond what is appropriate. We know that she gagged at the John Deere last year, then did it again overseas in the Fall. It's all about hitting the calm shots when called for.
02/04/06 @ 14:26
Comment from: Jim COULTHARD [Visitor]
Ron Mon

How often is it the case that hitting calm shots is not called for?

Oh, and thanks for the information on PGA pros who blew the cut in the last few holes of the 2nd round. As a Wie supporter I appreciate the input--even if you do feel the need to talk about Michelle Wie gagging as opposed to talking about the game being difficult which you did when you discussed the men.
02/04/06 @ 20:05
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
Those guys should be ashamed of themselves for missing the cut and turn in their PGA cards. What kind of message does this send out to the young female golfers of the world.
02/04/06 @ 20:31
Comment from: Jim COULTHARD [Visitor]
Ron Mon

You should have called your blog. "Its not just Michelle Wie. The PGA cut line..." You would have gotten 10 times the response.
02/04/06 @ 21:48
Math Guy and Flat Stick,

Thanks for your banter. It's not about the response for me; just the need to blog. Some of my stuff gets 100 responses, others get 0. Some of the stuff you read, without the need to give me feed(back)--that was a rhyme sequence.

RE: Numbers Man's allusion to my chauvisnism. The guys gagged, too.

RE: Times when they don't hit the calm shots. When they are going for the green in two on par fives, when they are trying to get drives down a hill, when they are trying to drive short par fours, they hit the heavy shots. The calm shots are the 3/4 safety shots that are in play 100% of the time (a la Tiger's stinger.) Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

02/04/06 @ 23:48
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor]
"Comment from: Ron Mon [Member]
RE: Putt's comment about the turning in of the cards ... I don't get it. Is it funny? Sarcastic? Sardonic? Angst? Please elaborate for this dumb blogger."

It is just ironic Ron that when these "Professional" guys miss a cut, there is no outrage or demand for them to stop trying.

02/05/06 @ 00:18
I GET IT NOW! Sorry I missed it with the first swing. I agree to an extent. They don't miss every cut, as Michelle Wie has. We'll get a barometer reading as her schedule increases on the LPGA tour. If she has greater success there, including multiple wins and a a major, the majority of the talk will stop. I hope that she then decides to play at least 6 men's events per year--two on the PGA Tour, two Nationwide, and two overseas. Playing a half-dozen guys' events will acclimate her fully to the surroundings.
02/05/06 @ 08:41

This post has 3 feedbacks awaiting moderation...

Dates: January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Please join us in celebrating the Midwest's next "must play" by visiting us this season! The package includes full hot breakfast, 18 holes of championship golf and cart at Yarrow Golf Club, 18 spectacular views, one-night accommodation, taxes and service charges, starting from $99 per person based on availability and double occupancy.