2007 Golf Notions...Places You Might Be, Things You Might See
In an unanticipated collision of time, space, and Ziparelli, a review-only copy of the Kingdom Of Shivas Irons made its way to my holiday basket in 2006. Inspired by the maniacal, somewhat homo-erotic pursuit of Shivas Irons, I joined a car to a train of my own, seeking the inspirational golf notions for end of days 2006, birth of days 2007. Here is my alliterary list of things you should visit.
1. An independent movie about golf. Sure, the slow-mo scenes of men’s butts walking are overdone, hammy, strained, whatever. The scenery is great, the concept is unique to golf, and the message, clearly stated. And I’ve just seen the trailer!!
2. A society devoted to the game, not the bottom line. Hatched from Murphy’s archetypal protagonist, the society has moved from a diaphanous player in the golf web world to a legitimate contender with the addition of Al Barkow as editor of its journal. Overpriced? Perhaps. I’m reminded of Martin Mull hawking Red Roof Inns…It’s a good mint; it’s not worth twenty bucks, but it’s a good mint. The brass bag tag is a good bag tag; it may not be worth $95, but it’s a good bag tag. Actually, 11/19 of your contribution is tax-deductable, and you also get a year of the journal.
3. An online golf community that’s more than green highlights. Actually, these guys do a lot of what we do, just not as well. Way too many images of Lisa Ann Horst staring at me…is she about golf fitness or looking pretty for us horny golfers?
4. A protected place to golf in the snow. Well, we’ve got snow and you don’t (at least, we usually have snow.) So we go indoors and play golf on simulators. Come to western New York and play our simulators.
5. A neo-pretentious golfing website that claims to exist “for the rest of us.” Well, who’s left beyond the rest? Actually, I don’t much care. With bunker babes, quick liveners, and tuition, this site is also almost as good as ours.
|« Happy New Year! RonMon on YouTube.Com||Loogies and Head Butts on the PGA Tour? Why not? »|
on your favorite golf course.