Things that PGA Tour Golf needs from other sports
Here it is, overhyped NFL draft day, and I’m thinking about things that the professional golf tours need that other sports have. Here’s my list…
1. A draft…Imagine that PGA Tour, Canadian Tour, Euro Tour, Japan Tour, South American Tour, Sunshine Tour, and African Tour (I invented that one) could each draft one of the following players…Tiger, Ernie, Vijay, Retief, Phil, Darren, Furyk, and on and on until each tour has 100 players. Now that would change things.
2. Cheerleaders…sorry, couldn’t resist this one.
3. Bling…what would golf bling look like? Would it be more than Tag Heuer or Rolex?
4. Posses…yeah, I know that they are kind of 90s or early new mill, but imagine lots of pasty guys being followed by other pasty guys with grills… seems tremendous.
5. Kids leaving school early for Da’ Tours…Look at the example that Ty Tryon and Erica Blasberg set. They are so successful that … you haven’t heard of them. If it weren’t for that darned Anthony Kim, kids leaving school early for da’ tours would have no success stories (Tiger wasn’t a kid, got it?)
6. Bloody socks…When was the last time that a golfer really put in a career-threatening performance? Hint: I was negative-one! It was 1964, it was Ken Venturi. Golf needs a dude or dudette limping up eighteen with an alligator hanging off the elbow, you get it?
7. …I’ll keep adding as I think of them. Send me your suggestions in the form of comments. Literate bloggers is not acceptable…I know a few words.
|« Golf Equipment Update: File This Under Why?||PGA European Tour: Mouse Ties For Lead, Golf World In Shock »|