« LPGA takes shortcut to Minor League TourLPGA Tour's HSBC World Match Play Championship: Round One Close-Up »

Comment from: William K. Wolfrum [Member] Email
The insistence by so many that steroids or performance-enhancing drugs would not benefit golfers is truly bordering on flat-earthism in its unbelievable ignorance.

--WKW

07/20/07 @ 13:49
And yet, oh bearded one, you leave us hanging, a la Player, with not an ounce of substantiation of your assertion. In what way would these substances assist golfers?
07/20/07 @ 14:26
Comment from: William K. Wolfrum [Member] Email
Here genius, I talked to actual experts in the field and wrote a whole story on it. I believe that trumps the "You know, it really seems like steroids wouldn't help golfers" argument:

--WKW

07/20/07 @ 14:56
I love it when you call me special names. I remember this article now. It makes good points, and there's nothing like substantiation. We know that steroids would help, but the question is, are they helping, the professional golfers of today?
07/20/07 @ 15:24
Comment from: William K. Wolfrum [Member] Email
Ok, my apologies for ad homming. It just irks me to no end that ordinarily intelligent people would somehow believe that steroids would improve the performance for some sports, but not all. Somehow, they can help cyclists and baseball players, but not help golfers. I struggle to describe the ignorance involved for people to havethat mindset.

Are golfers of today using them? I don't know, that wasn't my point, so that constitutes moving the goalposts on your part. But I will say that I don't believe Gary Player is a liar.

--WKW
07/20/07 @ 16:15
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Folks, c'mon, say what you want about Player, but it strains credulity to say that he would fabricate such an allegation. Equally ridiculous is the assertion that steroids wouldn't help golfers; they help you to become stronger, and if being stronger doesn't help, why do Woods and many other tour players work out like maniacs?

Let's not descend into asininity.
07/21/07 @ 14:26
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor] Email
It galls me no end to have to agree with JS but just the tiniest modicum of common sense would tell you that added strength would be beneficial.

Player has been around too long to start lying about what he knows at this stage of his life.
To suppose that no golfer has tried steroids is about equal to believing in flying pigs.
07/21/07 @ 15:41
Comment from: Booger [Visitor] Email
I saw a flying pig at a Pink Floyd concert.
07/21/07 @ 19:01
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Booger,

I saw a flying pig the last time Clinton traveled overseas.
07/23/07 @ 12:19

This post has 1 feedback awaiting moderation...