« Player vindicated; lid off drug-abusing golfers!Watson wins! »

Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Wow, being a dick to the cart girl - That's big of you Ron Mon.
07/31/07 @ 11:47
Is that all you could come up with? Being a d&^k? This is a family blog. Try again. Reread and make a better comment. By the way, playah, I'm guessing that hitting on the cart girl is much worse than criticizing her poor business acumen.
07/31/07 @ 11:53
Comment from: BV [Visitor]
Oh Ron-Mon, there's not a DARN thing wrong with hitting on the cart girl! Especially if you catch her attention and interest - at the very least you see her more often...and the "best" thing is (well, you DID say it was a "family blog"...lol)....
07/31/07 @ 12:59
Actually, the best cart girl from a beverage-service standpoint was at Boyne. She was not the traditional "hire," and the other guys I played with, sex-obsessed pigs all, had very little nice to say about her. I found her to be refreshing, personable, and a lot of laughs. She found us at least four times during the day, the guys warmed up to the idea of a "non-traditional cart girl," and made their fair share of purchases.
07/31/07 @ 13:22
Nice re-cap, Ron Monster. Will have to put Michigan on my future-trips list, thanks to you and B-Tuck. Like with any great golf destination, I guess the most difficult thing is deciding just where to play.
07/31/07 @ 15:14
Our big mistake was too many hotels in too few days. I would suggest a three nights at Shanty, three nights at Treetops, three nights at Boyne-type of thing. St. Ives really only needs one night (Tully one day, Ives the next, then down the road.) We were constantly moving in and out, driving two-three hours, and it wore us down. By the end, we were cannibals.
07/31/07 @ 15:24
Comment from: Chris Baldwin [Member] Email
Best Ron Mon paragraph ever:

Ranger caught up on ten tee with a cold draft for me, along with an apology for being so prickly. Funny thing was, he had no idea who I was.

He didn't even know who you were Ron Mon. Imagine that. The great Ron Mon went unrecognized. That's like Tom Cruise walking down Broadway hand-in-hand with a naked Paris Hilton and nobody stopping them.

Who exactly are you Ron Mon? Please enlighten us all to your greatness.

And I have to agree with BTuck on the cart girl. Why would you hit her with some smart alec comment? It's not her fault if they only have one cart girl out there, or if she was due for a break and took it.

Have some guts and go to the GM or head pro if you have complaints on their setup rather than forcing your wit on a girl just trying to earn a few tips.

You did answer the question if you're as annoying in person as you are in blogs though.

08/01/07 @ 01:27
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor] Email
Funny story: I called to set up a review of St. Ives about 10 years ago, and was told by the dir. of golf that I needed to come up to show him my "portfolio" before he could Ok a review. I said forget it, and continued reviewing more MI courses than just about anyone in any publication. A few years later, I got an invite to the grand opening of Tullymore, and told the guy about the previous incident. Rarely have I seen anyone so sheepish.

The point? It's more fun to make a big-time director of golf feel bad than a cart girl or a ranger.

08/01/07 @ 02:07
Now I can say I've finally heard it all. Baldy called SOMEBODY ELSE annoying. Imagine that!
08/01/07 @ 08:25
Well, Chris, as usual, you're right about everything. I cannot believe, clouded by my abject hubris, that I did not see myself for whom I truly am. Are you my conscience?
08/01/07 @ 08:38
Kiel, I don't believe for a second that the cart girl cared one way or another. She was off to the races with all her loot or her disinterest to find customers. Reality is, she is in the service industry, no matter the level of responsibility, and should keep tabs on all her customers. My goal was not to make her feel badly (I have much more sarcasm in the tank for people like Chris, et al), but to alert her to a situation. I just thought it was a funny line, but I guess my words are weightier than even I knew.
08/01/07 @ 08:42
Shanks, he never answers the question that he posed. As to whether I am more annoying in real life than in blog-dom, he leaves us hanging. CB should be writing scripts in Hollywood, rather than keeping TG and WG afloat from his palace in VeGas.
08/01/07 @ 08:43
Sounds like fodder for a good Top Ten list: Top 10 Reasons for the Cart Girl to be MIA.

10. Waiting for my nails to dry
9. Ran out of ice
8. Fending off sexual advances from Balwin's 4 some .....
08/01/07 @ 10:01

This post has 2 feedbacks awaiting moderation...