« PGA Championship Thursday Blog: USGA Women's Amateur, etc.Tuesday PGA Championship blog...The weather »

Comment from: wendy kouvardine [Visitor]
Ron, my heart is already broken. Have been depressed all week (or would have been if I was a depressive which I'm not)and then you have to kick me while I'm down! "Tread softly because you tread on my dreams". Why can't you acknowledge that it was just one of those "I'll get out of the winner's way" putts which we have all done? However, I am no more a fair weather supporter than a fair weather player (those wimps in gloves at The Open), so my loyalty to Stewart remains undimmed.
If I could only get him to take out the same mindset he had on Sunday at the Ryder Cup (my fellow countrymen are (were) unaware that I was supporting him v. Sergio. I am planning to take out a contract on Shanks re his comment on your earlier blog. As I am 5'o" and 105 lbs I cannot take him on personally but am fortunately wealthy enough to get someone else to do it. Do you have any contacts pls. on your side of the pond as difficult to get my hitmen over? Promise not to take you out at the same time. Wendy
08/08/07 @ 14:57
It was an "I'll get out of the winner's way" putt...I admit it. CB Maxwell is a well-known hitman for TravelGolf...contact him. Shanks is much less fearsome in real life, so I think that your five feet of feistiness and 105 lbs. of terror will more than match up.
08/08/07 @ 18:12
What? I said the odds were in Cink's favor! As Ron Monster knows, I have a curiosity regarding the effects of pressure. Cink's blunder in 2001 was a rushed putt, no question about it. We've all done something stupid like that at one time or another. But now that the deed has been done, should Cink have another meaningful putt on 18 this year, he will be forced to face the ghost of old. There would be no way that wouldn't enter his mind. I just find that fascinating.

And Wendy, if we have to scrap, you'll have a decided advantage in speed & qucikness to exploit. I'm a lumbering 6'4" 240 pounder.
08/09/07 @ 08:39
Comment from: wendy [Visitor]
Hmmmm. Well, the bigger they are, the harder they fall, according to my old mother. What, 35lbs heavier than Stewart? (according to his official profile anyway). I still think you were mocking him, but will magnanimously put CB Maxwell (thanks, Ron)on my 'hold' file (but be aware I am scanning your blogs for any repeat offence). I just hope he does get another chance at such a meaningful putt, but my nerves haven't recovered from Bridgestone
yet. There are a couple of players I am thinking of putting a hex on, but am scared will rebound on me - rather like hoping an opponent misses a shot and then duffing one's own next shot. Enjoy the tournament (both of you) - I'm off to follow on-line until I can watch it live. Wendy
08/09/07 @ 10:27
Wendy, you should know that I have Cink in my fantasy pool this year. He was playing very well at the end of last year, especially in the Ryder Cup. I thought that would portend of a stellar 2007. But it hasn't so far. However, we have a side payout for majors, so he could make it up to me by slaying that old winning the PGA.
08/09/07 @ 11:12
Comment from: wendy [Visitor]
Fingers crossed for you then, Shanks - I thought you had ditched him? Just seen video of him saying they had dug up the 18th green since he had last played there, so he doesn't give a damn - or words to that effect, as he probably doesn't say damn. Good thing he didn't hear my language in 3 of his rounds at Bridgestone. He's just playing the 18th now so here goes. Wendy
08/09/07 @ 11:54
Comment from: wendy [Visitor]
BOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
08/09/07 @ 11:58
Cink still in it, needs to shoot 69-70 today to be in the hunt. My guess is the winning score will be around 1 or 2 under par.
08/10/07 @ 08:42

This post has 2 feedbacks awaiting moderation...