« RonMon's Guide To Extra Distance And Better GolfLorena Ochoa: The LPGA's answer to Arnold Palmer »

Comment from: TV Watcher [Visitor] Email
Nice to see Wie finally playing up to her potential, injury and excuse free. Too bad we didn't get to see another real golfer.
10/13/07 @ 18:14
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
TVWatcher,

An interesting sidelight to Bubbles continuing meltdown is that Ai Miyazato had a SEXTUPLE BOGEY and two other bogeys in her round today and still posted a better round than Bubbles.
10/13/07 @ 20:06
Comment from: stop! [Visitor] Email
What would be the next sells pitch for Wie family? She is 18, so playing young is over. Playing against men is probably also dead. Maybe playing nude? I really could not come up with another idea. But the shameless BJ guy may have a better idea.
10/13/07 @ 20:43
Comment from: Oliver Sudden [Visitor] Email
I wouldn't be surprised if Suzann Pettersen turns out to be the Jack Nicklaus and Lorena the Arnold Palmer. In any case this rivalry is exciting. As far as Michelle Wie is concerned, those of us who recognized early on that there was no reason to believe she would become a golf superstar and were much maligned ( one golf writer at the golf channel who I was friendly with refused to speak to me after I expressed my opinion and wrote me off as a lunatic ) now deserve an apology from the Wie cheerleaders. I'm not holding my breath.
10/14/07 @ 09:54
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Oliver Sudden,

The Golf Channel has been the biggest contributor to the Wie hype.

Mark Rolfing proclaimed on several occasions that Miss Wie would soon be a muliple majors winner on the LPGA tour and would also be a serious competitor on the PGA tour.

Brandel Chamblee, himself a PGA pro who should know better, gave the most absurd prediction. He said about a year ago that soon Wie would be winning six, eight, or even ten times per year on the women's tour.

I only saw Michelle one time in person, at the 2005 Publinks outside of Cincinnati.

Although she was far better as a golfer then than she is now, I was not overly impressed with her game.

Due to the excessive hype, I suppose I expected a lot more from her.
10/14/07 @ 10:27
Comment from: Jim C [Visitor] Email
Michelle Wie went under par with a 71 on Sunday and finished a stroke up on Bettina Hauert. This time she improved as the rounds went on. This suggests that she might be more rusty than injured at this point. Of course there is still the question of whether she could hold up week after week.
10/14/07 @ 17:53
Comment from: Irma [Visitor] Email
Why don’t we leave MW aside for a minute? In 2005, Annika won and her closest competitor was Paula Creamer at 10 under par. This year, there were 6 players behind Lorena shooting 10 under or lower. The LPGA is definitely getting better and more competitive. Wonderful news!!!!!
10/14/07 @ 18:07
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
It seems that Michelle has no idea what 2008 will bring. During the Samsung she did not look very happy. I think one reason that she did not try to qualify for the LPGA was the fact that her game could not have stood up to six consecutive rounds under pressure and she used Stanford as the excuse. Only time will tell what the future holds for Michelle. The best thing her parents could do would go back to Hawaii and leave her alone.
10/14/07 @ 18:22
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Jim C,

I see that you are also a optimistic about Bubbles' brilliant 71 which included six sparking birdies. (Unfortunately for her and her fans, it also contained three bogeys and a double bogey.)

Jimbo, Bubbles won't have to worry about her fragile body holding up week after week.

She chickened out of "Q" school and thus is not an LPGA member. She only gets to play in six LPGA tournaments in 2008, providing her agent can find that many gullible sponsors.
10/15/07 @ 09:14

This post has 1 feedback awaiting moderation...