« Welcome To Planet Shingo! Katayama smokes Japan PGA Championship fieldCool Stuff Saturday on Pro Tours...Anthony Kim, Paula Creamer and Vicky Hurst »

Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Don't you think Chambers Bay would make a more suitable PGA venue than U.S. Open, from an age perspective at least??
05/09/08 @ 14:57
I think that it is a viable site for both. I am not thrilled with Oakland Hills, Oak Hill (even though it's in my 'hood), Pinehurst # 2 and a lot of the courses that get majors these days. Their time has past. I like the courses with the bigger feel, the spacing, etc. Oakmont is good, Shinnecock and Bethpage are good, and the Chambers Bay and Erin Hills also get my vote. I'd like to see an Open or a PGA at Kiawah.
05/09/08 @ 15:15
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
PGA at Kiawah 2012, so you'll get your wish.

I think the Tour should have one event each year at a tiny little muni that isn't set up for pros at all, some 6600-yard junker. There would be 59s all over the place probably, but it'd be a fan favorite for sure.
05/09/08 @ 15:40
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Whatever, you just like out-driving teenage girls by 50 yards you sick, sick man.

05/10/08 @ 02:13
Just when you think a guy is showing signs of mature, intelligent discourse, you get a comment like that. There are four girls on the team that I DON'T out drive by fitty yards.
05/10/08 @ 07:28
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor] Email
Ya know, I think I'm starting to agree. Sawgrass is fun. The stuffed shirts at Augusta have ruined that course. And at Sawgrass, we can call the gallery the gallery, and the rough the rough.

Also, I think I should e-mail you my weightlifting regimen....
05/11/08 @ 22:24
Kiel, unless you're hitting it 260, you're not outdriving these girls, either. Did you hear the one by Beman about calling the final three holes "The Gauntlet"? Stupid directors of the tour! It takes a poet to come up with "Amen Corner," not a businessman. Masters still leads the nickname category, 1-0.
05/11/08 @ 22:29
B-Tuck is gonna get something close to his wish with the 2013 U.S. Open at Merion. At a little over 6800 yards, however, one can only imagine how fast the greens and how narrow the fairways will be.

As far as the Players being new major - nope. If you want to replace one, it would have to be the US Open. Talk about drudgery!
05/12/08 @ 09:39
Comment from: BV [Visitor]
poo on all that - sawgrass is a fine course - but I'd much rather see the blue monster at Doral be a major before the stadium course.

yes, I have played both...and Doral is tougher.
05/12/08 @ 17:37
Comment from: Booger [Visitor] Email
Sawgrass sucks. To decide a tournament of this magnitude with a playoff starting on a gimmick hole is ridiculous. Augusta!
05/12/08 @ 20:22

Dates: January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Please join us in celebrating the Midwest's next "must play" by visiting us this season! The package includes full hot breakfast, 18 holes of championship golf and cart at Yarrow Golf Club, 18 spectacular views, one-night accommodation, taxes and service charges, starting from $79 per person based on availability and double occupancy.