« Stricker, Austin, OHair, SnedekerWalter Whack Job to captain Team USA at World Amateur Team Champioships »

FIGJAM! Every time RonMon rereads his work, he is impressed aun mas.
08/30/08 @ 20:53
Comment from: Oliver Sudden [Visitor] Email
Rocco ? No chance. Streelman has to win or ditto. Trahan and Mahan ( I'm a poet ) along with Austin and Stricker would be my picks. If he wants to go crazy he could take Baird or Villegas or even Scott Piercy. Who ? BTW, Faldo who is a smart fella like all the European captains made the intelligent choices of Poulter and Casey because they play the U.S. tour and the event is in our country. If it were in Europe I believe he would have made different picks.
08/31/08 @ 14:47
Villegas is Colombian, so he's out. Sexy, but out. Rocco has that something and he is a contemporary of Zinger. He's a dark horse for sure, but what does Azinger have to lose. I'm surprised he went with both Casey and Poulter yet I agree that they are smart picks. Problem is, you can't call Trahan and Mahan "smart picks." Verplank would be a smart pick, Austin would be a smart pick...why? They have winning international experience. Couples would also be a smart pick; he's not playing that badly and he is equal to Clarke or Jimenez in the locker room.
08/31/08 @ 17:54
Comment from: Oliver Sudden [Visitor] Email
Ron Mon, your suggestions of "smart" picks are what got us where we find ourselves. We need to try something different. I like Oliver's ideas. If he picks Verplank OR Couples Oliver will kiss your ass. Azinger has said he will not go with the same old same old and I believe him.
08/31/08 @ 19:41
Azinger has 24 or so hours to really match up. Don't take my smart picks as an affirmation of Davis Love or Fred Funk. Couples still hits it long and can settle down a young'un. Why would I want anyone named Oliver kissing my buttoxen?
08/31/08 @ 21:24
Comment from: Oliver Sudden [Visitor] Email
KYA is a figure of speech I used because I didn't want to say "if he picks Verplank OR Couples Oliver will give you his BMW". CYA is another one that Oliver believes has led to a string of losses in the Ryder Cup. For too long our captains have picked their old friends with "experience" because, well, these players are my friends and they might be angry if I picked people who are playing well right now. We need right now instead of right, just like when we meet a woman in a bar. As Ron Mon said "what does Azinger have to lose".
08/31/08 @ 22:16