« Ken Green in my thoughts and prayersCRAZY Low Weekends Around The World of Golf »

Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
Ron Mon,
It seems that Michelle is notorious for having a poor to mediocre first round. The competition in the LPGA has never been greater and if she does shoot 72 or more, she can forget about winning the tournament or possibly making the cut. She has been famous for "shooting herself in the foot" by going birdie, bogey, birdie, bogey...she is having far too many bogeys during her tournaments. The top players and those who are winning, usually have around two or three bogeys during the tournament. Michelle has been having 10 to 12 bogeys per tournament and that will never have you holding the trophy! Hopefully she will get her driver under control and hit more than 50% of the the fairways and more than 60% of the greens. I have been following her for over five years and I am getting a little impatient waiting for her to win a tournament. If she says one more time that she is here "to have fun and try her hardest" I will pull my hair out! Get going girl, you are there to WIN THE TOURNAMENT!
06/10/09 @ 12:08
Lucid commentary, JC. Sort of like Greg Norman shooting himself out of it, then clawing back on Sunday to fall one blow shy of glory.
06/10/09 @ 12:39
Comment from: Vanyogan [Visitor] Email
Ai Miyazato is not playing in the LPGA Championship. She opted to play in Japan this week?

06/10/09 @ 12:45
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
Finally a mention for the lovely Ai Miyazato!

Possibly overshadowed and under the radar by being the smallest player on tour?
06/10/09 @ 12:49
Serves me right for presuming that the global golf world orbits the USA. Can I get a mully? How about Anna Rawson...KIDDING! Inbee Park is my replacement for Ai M.
06/10/09 @ 13:20
Comment from: JimC [Visitor] Email
She's not odds on favorite by I like Wie's chances for a win this week. Vicky should also do well.
06/10/09 @ 15:53
Comment from: Ray [Visitor] Email
Michelle Wie will not win this week. Why? She's simply not good enough. People might not want to believe it, but her golf game is not that special.
06/11/09 @ 12:05
Comment from: JimC [Visitor] Email
Ray

Wie is one of the players who is "good enough to win" this week--but there might be 20 or 30 such players including several who are more likely to win than she is. A win for Wie would be less of a surprise than Britany's Kraft win.
06/11/09 @ 15:01
It figures that I would leave Stacy Lewis out! Currently -4.
06/11/09 @ 15:54
Hurst, Pettersen, Wie...non-factors. Close with Shin...Park finished strong. Let's see how I fare with my dude open picks this week.
06/14/09 @ 18:55
Comment from: JimC [Visitor] Email
When you picked Anna Rawson you were just kidding about the last name.
06/14/09 @ 20:54
Sadly, the beautiful Nordqvist never blipped on my radar screen.
06/14/09 @ 22:32

This post has 1 feedback awaiting moderation...

Dates: November 18, 2013 - December 18, 2014
Get ready to tee up with Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa's unlimited golf package. It includes unlimited same day golf for two at Kaanapali Golf Course, Nike rental clubs, daily buffet breakfast for two. Offer subject to availability and blackout dates. Reserve online or call (866) 716-8109 and ask for rate plan LBPKG10-1.
Price range: $539 - $619