« Half My Arse...GBI should start the day one downGreg Norman blows six stroke lead again »

That's it, Tom. I am officially deleting you from now on. I've put up with enough of your own self-indulgent, look at me I can call RonMon names crap for long enough. The irony is, you didn't read what I wrote or you'd know I claim to be an amateur journalist. My sentences are cogent while yours lack vowels. TravelGolf doesn't get me credentials to any event; I get them on my own. Any time you want to see my Bethpage badge, just ask. Goodbye.
09/13/09 @ 21:52
Comment from: Tom [Visitor]
I want to see you Bethpage Badge. I accuse you of falsifying to your readers that you were credentialed to or even at Bethpage Black for the 2009 U.S. Open
09/14/09 @ 13:05
I have deleted two more of Tom's vitriolic comments. I will post credentials for his sake by 6 AM Tuesday morning. The catalyst for his venomous attacks remains unclear to me. As he continues to insult and degrade, so will I continue to delete his comments. In six years of writing for this fine site, I have never deleted anyone before, including Tom. His ramped-up intensity has forced my hand. Should Tom come to his senses and engage in courteous debate, I will allow his comments to appear.
09/14/09 @ 19:57
And there you go...at the bottom, three recent media badges. Tom, evidently your sources turned out to be bogus or misinformed.
09/14/09 @ 22:42
Comment from: Tom [Visitor] Email
Bogus and misinformed? Just like your work. Where is bethpage 2002? Or shinnecock?

nice "work" from Merion - nothing!
09/15/09 @ 09:56
Seriously? Tom is that dedicated to this smear campaign...let me go back and dig up all the previous badges...my secretary should have them catalogued, framed and scented. I'll get back to you.
09/15/09 @ 10:06
Comment from: Tennessee [Visitor] Email
Not sure what Tom's issue(s) is/are but I enjoy reading your work, although not always agreeing.

In the vein of the amateur golf team concept, I'll refer back to the omission of Tim Jackson from the Walker Cup team. A life-long amateur and one who I think typifies the best attributes of golf.
09/17/09 @ 16:41
Comment from: Tom [Visitor]
"Broadens my horizons and makes me a better writer."

That isn't even a complete sentence. Some "writer" you are!
09/21/09 @ 17:08
Comment from: Sara Payne [Visitor]
Dear Ron:

While I think that Tom can get a little aggressive, I have to agree with his premise: You take far too many liberties with language and word choice. You frequently use the wrong word, and your style is afrequently over-the-top, calling attanetion to yourself more than what you are tryingt o tell the reader. I think you should try putting yourself in the background more and write more simply. You might find more peole would find your opinions more accessible.
09/21/09 @ 18:54
Sara,
You represent an interesting viewpoint. I'd love to know which word choices you consider to be incorrect ones. The point of this particular entry was to place myself in the foreground, so I would surmise based on your perspective that I succeeded. If you read other entries, you will find that the subject matter always takes a front seat to my trunk-side seat.

Tom, sadly, has placed his personal vendetta far above his desire to contribute in a positive way. As a result, he is in no way, shape or form of any use to fellow readers or to this writer.
09/21/09 @ 22:07
Comment from: Sara [Visitor]
Just because he's rude doesn't mean he wrong. I am an English teacher, and I have often thought of taking your work to my class and showing them what not to do. With respect, when you are careless with word choice, you again thrust yourself into the foreground instead of the story, making your work harder to read, and losing some credibility in the process.

Try pulling out a copy of a small book on grammar and style and you'll see what I mean.
09/22/09 @ 12:40
The language is exciting for me and I push that envelope in my writing. As an English teacher, you should appreciate that. I'm quite insulted that you would use my work as an example of what's wrong. Please elaborate, as I disagree. Looking forward to an enlightening discussion.
09/22/09 @ 14:21
Comment from: uggs on sale [Visitor] Email
Nice!
12/03/10 @ 19:26

This post has 8 feedbacks awaiting moderation...