« The first LPGA tango for professionals Pressel, Creamer and WieDavid Duval's comeback could be the story of the year on the PGA Tour »

Comment from: Keith S [Visitor]
So where's your evidence that most of us out here dislike Rory? Most of the golfers I know were, if anything, sympathetic to his slight overreaction to a golfer so slow he ought to be banned outright from the tour. Or at least penalised on an individual basis and not attract penalties to his innocent playing partners.

And BTW I started watching the last round this week rooting for Freddie, but ending cheering on Rory because of the ugly morons in the gallery. I suspect I wasn't alone in that either.
02/21/06 @ 15:57
Consider yourself in the minority, Keith. Even his number one fan - his wife - got in his grill about his awful behavior on the course. Most of the time we haven't seen it because his play the last couple of years has been less than stellar and he hasn't gotten much airtime. The Crane incident was only the tip of the iceberg.
02/21/06 @ 16:10
Comment from: Johnny H [Visitor]
Well Shanks, the minority is growing in numbers. I was totally rooting for Rory and was actually pleasantly surprised that he could finish the tournament off.

It didn't cross my mind that Freddie could mess it up so big. What was up with his shot on the 16th? A relatively short par 3 hole (just over 150 yards) and he hits a tree 30 or 40 yards right of the green, and was actually lucky to find the tree-bounce end in the bunker. I don't remember many times that I've seen a professional do that.

And about that Crane incident. Rory may well have been out of line to do what he did, but I can totally sympathize. There are fewer people more irritating than turtle-speed golfers.
02/22/06 @ 04:27
I understood his irritation with Crane, but he handled it like a little baby. Anyway, his real gripe should be with the Tour and how they don't adequately deal with these slow players.
02/22/06 @ 07:49
Comment from: David [Visitor]
Although Freddie did choke, he has already passed his heyday, won a whole lot of money, won a major title, and left his legacy in the game. Rory will never win a major and will never be remembered as a great player and likeable guy.

Crane should not be banned from the tour - he has already taken enough stick over his speed of play, and is likely on the clock every week. He is trying to speed up.

Tiger doesn't play quickly.

Vijay, Phil, Rory and Love III are my 4 most-hated golfers. I love Freddie - and also Tiger, but he is pretty much considered a demigod nowadays.
02/22/06 @ 07:51
Comment from: Jim COULTHARD [Visitor]
No one can hit a good shot every time. Just because a bad shot or two comes at a critical time--that doesn't make it choking. Maybe it is just the same thing that would happen in any case. Certainly things like those mentioned by SHANKS do not occur only at such critical moments.
02/24/06 @ 15:13
Comment from: Twanda Gullo [Visitor]
How do I get rid of acne in about 2 weeks? I'm starting eighth grade in two weeks and it's suppose to be the biggest year for me but the problem Is that I have bad acne problems and i'm really stressing out about if it's gonna go away in time. I can't buy anymore acne cleansers or stuff but I still have this one bottle left for acne that might help. It's called Arnaud. But what can I do to make my acne go away in two weeks without buying anything else. Please please help!
01/10/11 @ 04:00
Comment from: Boston Taxi [Visitor]
Hey there I must say I revere your Ideals. As a Boston Cab driver I meet all kinds of peeps and now I just can`t get enough. As soon as I drop off my Boston Taxi I come right and fire up my pc looking for entertaining and informative blogs like this one. The next time you are around zip code 02127 Southie Massachusettsstop by and see us!
01/12/11 @ 09:59

This post has 5 feedbacks awaiting moderation...