« Major newspaper gives big coverage to LPGATournament Golf is great without Tiger Woods »

Comment from: Baby Blue Eyes [Visitor] Email
Shank,

As long as the tourney is broadcasted on HD, I probably can tolerate some boring golf.
02/14/07 @ 11:20
Glad to hear you can tough it out, Beebs.
02/14/07 @ 12:08
Comment from: jamie [Visitor] Email
Now that Tiger wins every time he plays a PGA event they're much more fun to watch without him. Besides, who want's to hear him whine about how crappy the greens on the West Coast are...
02/14/07 @ 15:10
Now Jamie, when I suggested in my previous post that it COULD be argued a tournament was MORE exciting without Woods, some folks took umbrage at that remark.
02/14/07 @ 15:50
Comment from: Oliver Sudden [Visitor] Email
The Nissan will be a good tournament without Tiger but next week's match play is what I want to comment on. It looks like Tiger will play Brett Quigley in the 1st round. I wonder how many casual golf fans think it is 1000-1 that Tiger could lose ? Real golf fans know it is more like 2-1. Being # 1 in golf means if you play enough holes # 1 will win. But a player like Quigley or anyone else could beat Woods over 18 holes of match play. Rollins should have beat him in the 1st round last year. Which is why match play fell out of favor and is not popular with the TV people.
02/15/07 @ 01:13
OS, I'll likely write something about the Match Play next week, so I'll hold my comments until then. I really don't want to skim past this week. But you make a very good point about the unpredictability of an 18 hole match.
02/15/07 @ 07:29
Some questions come to mind after the first round. Can Harrington follow a great round with a solid round? Can Mickelson keep up the good play? Can Garcia or Ogilvy finally display some form this year? Can Furyk, Singh & Els make a steady march up the leaderboard? Will some of the upstarts like Baddeley and Howell III continue their good form?

Is Tiger Woods watching the telecast to see who his primary challengers are?
02/16/07 @ 13:05

Dates: July 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Experience the best of Nevada with this exciting two-day golf and tour package. It pairs a championship round of golf at your choice of Bali Hai or Royal Links with an exhilarating Hoover Dam express half day tour from Las Vegas (with helicopter flight)! This package is priced from just $499/per person.