« Scotland's golf links have transformed meSeve Ballesteros brings Charisma to Champions Tour Golf this week »

Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
I'll be at Kohler next week. I've been looking at pics of the Straits and I think I've soiled myself already.

05/22/07 @ 19:58
I've been to Kohler, and place it even with Bandon in the "why leave the USA" category. When you play Whistling Straits' Straits course, ask for Geo as your caddie...tall, ex-military guy. He has a buddie, former minitour player, and they have a little schtick they do. Geo reads putts like God...his buddy doesn't. Other than the disappointing 18th, the Irish is quite the memory. Straits is ridiculously good. At Blackwolf Run, the Meadows course may have the worst, first hole of any great course I've ever played. After four holes of this track, you're asking yourself "what up, dog?" It finishes like you cannot imagine. The River course simply kicks your asterisk from the first hole on, but has one amazing hole after another. Four Pete Dye courses, four unbelievable venues. There's another new course in Sheboygan called Bulls' Balls or something...definitely check that one out (we missed it...four courses in two days was enough for us.)
05/23/07 @ 06:31
Oh yeah, those pictures on the Kohler website are really amazing. In fact, I think their website is one of the best of it's kind.

There are actually quite a few very good courses in that area that we considered extending the trip for but like you guys, RonMonster, we're just going to o.d. on the resort courses. One of the great secrets of Kohler is that after your first paid round of the day, you can play again (on a space-available basis only) at the Irish & Meadow Valley courses for just the caddy or cart fee.
05/23/07 @ 08:20
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
you sure about the "only caddie and cart fee"? I see replays on the site as about $100-200 additional plus cart/caddie.
05/23/07 @ 14:45
Yep. Look under the Golf Kohler package. It says "Complimentary green fees for additional golf, based on same-day availability on the the Meadow Valleys and Irish courses only. This offer may not be scheduled in advance. Please check with the pro shop after your first round of the day for additional same day availability. Golf car, caddie fees and gratuities not included."
05/23/07 @ 15:03
Actually, all of the packages have that same offer. We looked at staying at nearby non-resort motels and paying the rack rates. But we wanted 2 separate guaranteed starting times for 8 guys together on the Straits course, so we decided to go with the package. I think you can only make those times 2 weeks out if you are not there on a package. I made these reservations and tee times several months ago.
05/23/07 @ 16:03
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Very cool, will keep that in mind when I'm there, good lookin' out.
05/25/07 @ 13:38
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Member] Email
Whoa baby, are you in for a treat at Kohler. Straits ate me alive, but its pretty special. Irish is awesome too and the River is awesome too. Incredible hole variety here. 72 holes and you won't feel like you played one duplicate. A great natural setting. And the package replays are quite popular! Have fun!!
06/01/07 @ 18:00
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor] Email
B-Tuck, you're killin' me!! You must really hate travelling the world to play all of these dog tracks. In my next life I want to be you. Hope you blog about the Kohler courses.
06/04/07 @ 08:29
Comment from: Fatima Newbell [Visitor]
Omg. Please help me. I just got an acne today and I think it's because I ate too much junk food or something or I used a cucumber melon lotion on my face. So, how can I stop this horrible acne because I'm really stressing out and my school starts next week and I don't want to go to school with my face looking this!!!!!
01/06/11 @ 16:43
Comment from: Boston Cab [Visitor]
You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!
01/12/11 @ 06:55

This post has 2 feedbacks awaiting moderation...