« Listen up, PGA of America! We don't need another U.S. OpenSunningdale is a Poor Choice of Course for Womens British Open »

Weekley and Stricker shoot 72 and 71 Thursday morning to get in solid position to make the cut. If any of those guys are going to pass them to automatically qualify, they better bring their lunch pail.
08/07/08 @ 14:51
Comment from: Oliver Sudden [Visitor] Email
For the other 6 I like Weekley, Stricker, O'Hair, Mediate, Trahan, and Snedeker. Two substitutes could be Holmes ( from Kentucky which helps ) or Curtis. We'll see if Azinger goes with players like these or more over the hill guys with "experience". BTW, Zach Johnson is the most overrated player on the PGA Tour and I'll puke if he's on the team. I'm really sick of all Zach's commercials too. I'm sure Johnson is a fine fellow and I have nothing against him.
08/08/08 @ 23:00
Comment from: Billy Dawg [Visitor] Email
Stricker is tanking in round 3. Looks like he'll get knocked out. Weekley is playing well so he will be harder to displace.
08/09/08 @ 14:57
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
Wheeeh! Here come my chicks!!

08/09/08 @ 17:16
Weekley, Stricker and Trahan showed true American colors with their crap third round performances. Hope the weather in Kentucky isn't too challenging, or they'll fold, again. I don't even think Trahan makes the team, at this juncture.
08/10/08 @ 11:07
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
Blimey Ron - with supporters like you
- are you a closet Euro?

I would still like Holmes to make it - QS, Kentucky and all that. I hadn't heard he was a slow player before this week, but maybe that could be used to advantage. His driving should certainly be intimidating.

Would like Austin, Mediate & Boo to add some fun for the team (although all fiercely competitive) plus O'Hair. Not Zach, nice as he is, or Mahan, honest as he is.
08/10/08 @ 15:12
How about that Ben Curtis, top five-ing his way into an automatic pick? He's been streaky before, so this appears to be just a continuation of the excellent form he showed at Birkdale - a good sign for US Ryder Cup hopes.
08/11/08 @ 07:28
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
I certainly didn't see that coming - perhaps Ben was inspired by your
Shaun Micheel observation.
08/12/08 @ 11:23
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
Quote from Paul Azinger "I don't see one single positive that TW isn't on our team".

There were 44 comments on this and not ONE agreed with him. (Cynics note, no, they weren't Europeans). I liked the one that said "It's now like the European team - 12 Apostles and no Jesus".
08/12/08 @ 14:40

This post has 1 feedback awaiting moderation...