« Monty will be a fantastic Ryder Cup Captain, but ….Tiger Woods should fire his caddie Steve Williams »

Comment from: ToddCommish [Visitor] Email
Post the draft board. I'd love to see where the LPGA stars went.
01/08/09 @ 16:30
Draft board is too big to post, but I can tell you that Ochoa went 16th in the first round, Creamer went 20th in the third round, Wie went 13th in the 5th round, and Shin, Suzann Pettersen, Yani Tseng and Seon Hwa Lee all went in the 6th round.

The problem with taking women and senior men is that money doesn't count towards winning the side pots for majors. Now, having said that, the overall winner of the big cheese last year had Ochoa and 3 seniors.
01/09/09 @ 07:36
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
Well, well, well - didn't you do well! Does Stenson's 2nd place get you anything - or doesn't that tour count?
01/26/09 @ 10:10
I wish! The only money that counts is earned in events on the U.S. PGA Tour schedule, as well as the Champions & LPGA Tours.

The good news for Perez (and me) is this victory qualifies him for the Masters too.
Most folks don't realize that he was first in the PGA Tour all-around category last year. Tiger usually wins that every year, but was ineligble due to lack of rounds.
01/26/09 @ 10:24
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
If Dustin Johnson wins this one, I shall demand a steward's inquiry into your selection process!

You've explained Pat; Stenson and Shin are obvious, why DJ and Matt Kuchar please?
02/13/09 @ 14:18
Let's not give Johnson the win just yet, but obviously, I'm loving this action right now. I watched him win one of the Fall Series beating Robert Allenby down the stretch. And, my God, was he long! My thoughts on Johnson were that he was young, would play a lot and could manage his schedule better this year since he earned a 2 year exemption with the win. This guy earned his card in 2008 by going through all 3 levels of qualifying. Now I'll go back to crossing my fingers.
02/13/09 @ 14:33
And on Kuchar, I just had a feeling he would improve on a steady 2008. He's only 30 and will play a lot too. Plus, he did win once during his first stint on Tour years ago.
02/13/09 @ 14:35
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
Whew - Congratulations! I wouldn't mind but I thought you were onto a real loser with Kuchar (although I like him) and he came up with T14.

Where do you stand now in your league?
02/16/09 @ 13:15
Didn't hurt my feeling when they cancelled the 4th round! I'm in first place by about $600,000 but there's such a long way to go. I feel really good about my team because my 2 secret weapons haven't earned anything yet - Stenson & Shin.
02/17/09 @ 08:17
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
There she goes!!

Better get busy on your "To Do" list before this w/e?
03/10/09 @ 11:07
Oh Jiyai, aren't you something!! Best kept secret in golf. Not only did she run down Hull & Creamer, but notice she was tied with Ochoa going into the final round. She's so cool under fire, it somewhat reminds me of Tiger Woods. In Korea her nickname is Final Round Queen.
03/10/09 @ 11:22
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
Yes, I noticed - tho' I was rooting for Lorena and Ai Miyazato, I was happy for Jiyai (and you). Her English is coming on a treat too!).

After Stewart Cink, Luke Donald (& now the Ulsterman)- one has to stay loyal through thick and thin - I'll support Henrik this w/e. I can't bring myself to go for Hunter Mahan -residual RC snarl, but at least I don't stick pins in him which I still do to Justin Leonard. Much to my chagrin, as I chortled at the latter's +4 at Honda, (yes, I am a little ashamed) Stewart then threw in the same score.

Fingers crossed!
03/10/09 @ 15:14
Just don't root against Dustin Johnson continuing his hot play. He hasn't thrown any Ryder Cup darts at the Euros yet.
03/10/09 @ 15:35
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
May I be an honorary member of your
league gang, please? Opportunist - moi?

Where do you stand now - pls. post the odd update (while the going is good at least).
03/30/09 @ 10:57
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor] Email
Honorary? You're in! Will give an update shortly.
03/30/09 @ 15:16

This post has 6 feedbacks awaiting moderation...