« Garia Golf Cars: Not your father's golf cartGolf Drama at Solheim Cup »

Comment from: coolio [Visitor]
Also, don't forget on what Bu88les' hype and $$$ are based on: dominating the LPGA, contenting in the PGA, playing in the Ryder Cup, Masters, etc, defeating Tiger Woods by the time she is twenty years old (which is not far off, by the way, so Bu88les better hurry up), etc.

Bu88les did not achieve any of these promises (actually she never won on the LPGA -- a fact the golf channel and others try to hide), and therefore has been exposed as the fake and liar she is.

--Coolio
08/24/09 @ 16:11
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the greatest golf critic of them all?" Shanks, get a life! "Michelle played pretty good, BUT."

Coolio, it sounds like you had a fight with your boyfriend...go home and bake some bread!
08/24/09 @ 22:24
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Member] Email
True, caution is advised. But match play CAN make or break people. Ask Chris Riley if you want to know about the "break" part. And ask Monty for the "make" part. Without the Ryder Cup, few on this side of the pond would ever have known he existed. (And btw, coolio, it's Wie's first season on the LPGA; quit using the past tense as if she'd already retired. Is the present perfect too tough for you to formulate?)
08/24/09 @ 22:28
Comment from: Jim C [Visitor] Email
Aside from how good Wie is, she is certainly marketable. Even without a sponsor the LPGA figures to be able to turn a profit with the Kapalua Classic if they revive it. To help market the event, I would ask Pressel and Wie to be cohosts for the tournament.
08/25/09 @ 00:27
Nothing draws the passionate responses as does anything regarding Michelle Wie. Everybody wants to say "Great" or "Bust" now. RIGHT NOW! I merely suggest taking a wait-and-see attitude. The talent is obvious but how well will it be harnessed? However it turns out, it will be fascinating to witness. And discuss.

I must confess that as I watched the day unfold, I felt very happy for Wie. When you consider all Wie's had to deal with, including the controlling parents and the intense public scrutiny, it seemed only just that she experience this moment, this success, this acceptance by her peers. After all, she's still a kid and that was evident by her giddy responses to post match interviews.
08/25/09 @ 07:59
Comment from: Practise net [Visitor] Email
Equally impressive has been her attitude. Though Wie lets loose with the occasional fist pump, it's a long time coming but she's the only saving grace in her tour.
08/26/09 @ 05:04
Comment from: wunderkind [Visitor] Email
The solheim cup is a 3-day exhibition, don't read too much into it. The LPGA will contunue to struggle for survival.
08/26/09 @ 08:37
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Member] Email
One interesting aspect of the Solheim was the cameraderie between Wie and Pressel -- according to "experts," there is supposed to be animosity there. I saw none as I watched the post-cup revelry (or when they were paired on the first day).
08/26/09 @ 09:27
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Ray Jeske,

From your post, we can gather either of two things.

You are serious in your comments, in which case you are in need of immediate psychological counseling,

Or, you're attempting to play devil's advocate on order to elicit responses.

If you are serious, and Bubbles, in your estimation, will win dozens of LPGA events, she had better get started since she has at least 24 to go. How long do you think it will take for her to reach that two dozen milestone?
08/26/09 @ 09:34
In an interview they said they were roommates for the week.
08/26/09 @ 09:35
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Shanks,

You and others say that Bubbles will win on the LPGA tour "soon".

Just what is your definition of "soon?"

That word is indefinite so perhaps another word or phrase can be substituted.

Will she win this week? This year? Sometime in her next five tournaments? Ten tournaments? By the end of 2010?

Please, move the goalposts as far back as you wish, but arrive at something more definite than "soon."
08/26/09 @ 09:43
That's a fair criticism, Alex, although I was being intentionally vague. If Wie goes back to the full-time college schedule, and I have no idea what is going on with that, then it would be unreasonable to make any prediction of a win. But regardless of that, I would say that I expect her to have a win by this time next year. She is still a work in progress, but that is the key word: progress. I suppose most naysayers, though perhaps not you, would agree that she perform very well under pressure last weekend. And, truthfully, that is a positive change.
08/26/09 @ 10:07
Comment from: Jim C [Visitor] Email
2006 HSBC mathch play interview. Pressel was asked leading questions designed to elicit anti-Wie comments and she did not bite on any of them. Pressel has not been anti-Wie in more than 3 years.
08/26/09 @ 20:45
Comment from: Thedailyreviewer [Visitor] Email
Congratulations! Our selection committee compiled an exclusive list of the Top 100 golf Blogs, and yours was included! Check it out at http://thedailyreviewer.com/top/golf

You can claim your Top 100 Blogs Award Badge at http://thedailyreviewer.com/blog/8294

Cheers!

Angelina...
08/26/09 @ 21:37
Comment from: Florida Mike [Visitor] Email
It was just nice to see her enjoying herself and the team spirit exhibited by the entire USA team. There was geunuine feeling in the way they interacted. I quit posting on this blog site due to the unrelenting, disrespectful and unwarranted criticism towards Michelle by some of the commentors. I hope some of it is mitigated by her performance and the acceptance showed towards her by her peers. I realize some (alex, smails...etc) will never give her credit or respect as they have been attacking her since she turned 14...sad. Heres to looking forward to more good golf by Ms Wie.
08/26/09 @ 23:17
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Florida Mike,

There was never any need for you to stop posting on this site.

You have the opinion that Bubbles is a great role model for girls like your daughter. You also think that she has shown the ultimate in class in her career. You see nothing wrong with the manner in which she disrespected Annika. You feel that she is entirely blameless in any of the controversies that have at times surrounded her. And, until President Obama and his minions decree otherwise, you have a perfect right to express those opinions.

By the same token, Judge Smails and I along with several others, have opinions also. For instance, I believe that she is far and away the most over publicized female golfer in history. I also think that she has played on this hype to her enrichment, in contrast to the popular thought that she is just an innocent teenage babe in the woods.
I know that her snubbing of Annika was a amjor insult to a great golfer, as was her refusal to play in a pro-am with the CEO of Lotte corporation, the sponsor of the recent event in Korea.

You see, Mikey, we can have vastly disparate opinions of Bubbles and still engage in civil discourse. So stick around, don't go away for so long. Bubbles needs all the help she can get.

Alex USMC 1969-73
08/27/09 @ 11:43
Comment from: Florida Mike [Visitor] Email
Lance R, at least I reserve my disrespect for grown men. I just have a problem with grown men belittleing a young girl (most have been doing it since she was 14) no matter how overhyped and misguided she is. Comparing my to Nancy Pelosi is really hitting below the belt though. I'll make you a deal, I will be more respectful to those I disagree with and ya'll at least pick someone to compare me to other than a hypocritical, liberal idiot who disdains the very people she is representing. deal?
08/30/09 @ 18:09
Comment from: Florida Mike [Visitor] Email
"comparing me" sorry
08/30/09 @ 18:10
Comment from: Florida Mike [Visitor] Email
Florida Mike,

Deal accepted!!!

Since you are clearly a Wie fan, you should be very satisified with her latest performances this year as she is much more consistent than in the past. I still don't think she has quite what it takes to win an event yet, at least not in 2009.

Sorry for the Nancy Pelosi comparison, that was pretty low.

Good day,

LR

08/31/09 @ 10:34
Comment from: Lance R [Visitor] Email
Oops,

I accidently typed Florida Mike in the "name" Field.....sorry about that...it must be a Monday morning.

Lance R
08/31/09 @ 10:36
Comment from: coolio [Visitor] Email
"Michelle Wie has finally emerged!"

Yeah, right!

LOL

08/31/09 @ 13:30
Comment from: Lance R [Visitor] Email
Coolio,

What's the deal with Lorena Ochoa??
08/31/09 @ 18:40
Comment from: coolio [Visitor] Email
Lance R,

"You have to admit that she is doing better than she was last year when she was struggling to make cuts."

No doubt.

But reading the wietards write laughable stuff like "she has finally emerged", "Michelle broke through", etc., etc. after Bu88les played well in an exhibition match makes me, well, laugh.

By the way, Bu88les wasn't payed millions to consistently make the cut, I faintly remember talk about contending in the PGA, making the cut in PGA, dominating the LPGA, winning multiple times in the LPGA, winning in the LPGA, ...
How the expectations have been lowered!

08/31/09 @ 18:54
Comment from: Ray Jeske [Visitor] Email
Alex,

No devils advocate here.

Certainly within her twenties. If you recall, following Q school, I predicted an LPGA Hall of Fame career for Wie last December, achieved within a decade or so. I stand by that.

Or, perhaps I need a psychologist. Know any good ones?
09/01/09 @ 16:06
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Ray Jeske,

Actually, I do know a psychiatrist, but I don't think he would want you as a client. Once while we were golfing, he said that he didn't get involved with hopeless cases.:0)

According to all of the Vegas and online wagering sites, Bubbles just might get that first win on her way to the Hall of Fame. They have installed her as the favorite to win the Women's Canadian Open.

Installing a non-winner as the sole favorite in a pro golfing event has got to be a first.

So my advice to all you Wiebots is to jump on these odds while you can, because once she starts winning seven to ten times per year, you'll never get them again.

Alex USMC 1969-73
09/02/09 @ 09:15
Comment from: Ray Jeske [Visitor] Email
Alex,

Those Vegas sites must be in need of your friend. What are they thinking?

And if Wie starts winning 7-10 times a year, you might start getting together with him for something other than golf!
09/02/09 @ 13:02
Comment from: St. Matthew [Visitor] Email
Wie has the most talent of any Golfer out there, even Tiger, but She has the most damaged Phyche and if that doesn't change She may never win, even on any other tour
09/03/09 @ 03:33
Comment from: St. Matthew [Visitor] Email
09/03/09 @ 03:35
Comment from: St. Matthew [Visitor] Email
and Lorena has to much other things going on besides Golf to contend at winniig anymore
09/03/09 @ 03:36
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Ray Jeske,

That line about Buubles winning seven to ten times a year was poking fun at Brandel Chamblee who made that remark a few years ago.

But, come to think of it, your prediction for Bubbles is sort of similar. You figure that in the next ten years, Bubbles will have racked up at least twenty-four wins, or two or three per year on average That's quite an order for a young lady who has yet to get even one win on the LPGA tour.

I got a big kick out of how impressed you were with Bubbles' seventh place finish at "Q" school. Hall of Fame within ten years! What would your prediction have been if she had medaled at "Q" school as she should have?

Alex USMC 1969-73
09/03/09 @ 10:53
Comment from: Ray Jeske [Visitor] Email
Alex,

Same thing.
09/03/09 @ 13:16
Comment from: Lance R [Visitor] Email
Alex,

So the Vegas folks predicted Bu88les to win the Canadian event?

Probably not going to happen, she seems to be struggling a bit this weekend and may get her first MC. She shot a 76 yesterday and is currently 3 strokes under the projected cut line after 12 holes.

Ray Jeske,

Time will tell, but I think you are a bit off with your prediction. I think what she is doing this year is about as good as she will ever do. I think she will have some sporatic wins from year to year, but I dont think she has what it takes between the ears to ever be a consistent champion.

We shall see.

Lance R
09/04/09 @ 15:08
Comment from: coolio [Visitor] Email
Haha!

Bu88les MCs.

Reminds me of the time when Bu88les was known as The Queen of MCs and DQs.

09/05/09 @ 14:38
Comment from: Justin Douglass [Visitor]
Hey cool post, I love reading your blogs, and lookforward to seeing more interesting posts from you.
11/29/10 @ 21:57

This post has 18 feedbacks awaiting moderation...