« A personal Ryder Cup phone call from the U.S. CaptainReigning Fantasy Golf League Champ Shanks Drafts Another Winning Team »

Comment from: UKWendy [Visitor] Email
I agree with much of what you say, Shanks (what's new?).
I hadn't heard Monty say that nobody wants to play Harrington in match play, but possibly some of the US rookies could be a little twitchy about playing someone with 3 majors - especially as none of them have played matchplay in this furnace. I, too, would have taken Casey instead of Harrington, however.

Of course no Euro contenders in The Barclays would have been impacted by the timing of the announcement had they been playing at Gleneagles to gain automatic places - but yes, the timing of announcing the picks was brutal.

Are you sure you are not going backwards on the Euro selection system? "If it had been done THIS way THIS year the automatic nine would have been...." Sure, but if we took your way NEXT time it might look just as contrary ?

Anyway - nice to hear from you again after all this time.
09/04/10 @ 13:45
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor] Email
Hello Wendy,

The benefit of taking the top 5 of the Euro points list first is that it will always include at least a few of the highest off the World Ranking list. It would be impossible for some of the top 5 of the Euro points list not to be high in the World Rankings. By the method currently employed, the automatic selections will always go deeper into the Euro points list. If I were trying to have the best team, I'd always prefer going deeper into the World Ranking list.
09/07/10 @ 05:08
Comment from: Kurt Jones [Visitor] Email
****-
If Monty really wanted to scare the US players, he should have picked Langer. Good/excellent play recently, and a hell-of-a-lot better record in the Ryder. Would have loved to see Langer v. Fowler. Or, Langer v. Woods. Plus it would give some redemption to Langer or Kiawah.

K
09/08/10 @ 12:57
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor] Email
Personally, I would've taken Casey over Rose because Rose has gone cold since his great run of play that saw him win twice. Casey has played much better than him over the past 2 months (and certainly much better than Harrington).
09/09/10 @ 04:33
Comment from: Matt [Visitor]
***--
I have to say I think you are right about Padraig. I think most of the US side would be happy to play him. Being a Brit myself I think a Harrington-Woods match would be great, the two most off form players against each other it will probably go down to the 18th after each player wins every other hole in double bogey!
09/09/10 @ 07:53
Comment from: Emery Beames [Visitor]
very informative post. Looking more to something like this
11/28/10 @ 03:19
Comment from: white iphone 4 [Visitor] Email
****-
I havent any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.
11/30/10 @ 18:06
Comment from: Addy Chapleau [Visitor]
Good post, added you to my RSS reader.
12/02/10 @ 07:06
Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
12/03/10 @ 06:23
Comment from: cyborg [Visitor]
Salut fellows! What a solid internet site, even though not really every thing is actually functioning right! But hey that is up to the owner to resolve … Anywho, I just wanted to discuss this fascinating concept regarding relationships that I was forwarded recently. Evidently there's this kind of company that says that everybody born on the same day are precisely the same and they are most similar. I am about to test out their demos mainly because the idea appears a little bit fishy to me nevertheless I want to see for myself. The way my love life is going I am willing to try anything at all.
12/25/10 @ 20:42
Comment from: Thad Anecelle [Visitor]
Once I discussed with one of my friends, not only about the ideas you talked about, but also to how to write communicatory artice. Your work is the magnificent example.
01/04/11 @ 17:15
Comment from: Dvor Srbija [Visitor]
***--
I love your work!!! Hope you will make something more next year…
01/11/11 @ 16:46

This post has 26 feedbacks awaiting moderation...