« Except for Michael Campbell, high hilarity at U.S. Open and Pinehurst No. 2 Jason Gore the BIG story at Pinehurst No. 2 and U.S. Open »

Comment from: Chris Douglas [Visitor]
Back to England? Maybe a bit of research might be useful - don't get snotty just because the English have some history and culture that dates back beyond 200 years (Oh and a few Ryder Cups to boot - remember Casey and Howell at Oakland Hills? Woohoo!). Casey actually lives in Phoenix where teeth might be whiter but breasts are fake and the average IQ is definitely lower. Anyway, it's only the US Open he was playing in, not the one and only true major, The Open Championship. I'm not even English, by the way. But even as an Irishman I found your comments disagreeable.
06/19/05 @ 06:41
Comment from: Carol Stephens [Visitor]
Paul Casey is a rude person and golfer regardless of where he comes from. I don't usually attack a person for their nationality, but Casey did make a rude comment about Americans as a whole. Casey only shows how ignorant he is to make sweeping generalization about people. It's ironic that he benefits from living, playing golf, and earning sizeable purse money in the very country that he despises instead of living somewhere in Europe or England where the golf paycheck is much, much less.

It's too easy and old for some English/Irish/European persons to make disparaging comments every time they can't find any excuse for their own bad behaviors.

Casey is rude besides he hasn't played well. Try reading one of those online English newspapers and their comments are harsher and rougher than any American commentary.

Lastly, the US Open is our national championship and more prestigious than other majors. Why else do so many foreign players want to slug it out on the difficult greens?
06/19/05 @ 17:50
Comment from: Billy Millar [Visitor]
There are a lot of aspects with this matter; always easy to be the critic from shelter. Paul Casey deserves a little space to work it all out. He said some things that should not have been said. He knows this. Give him space and time to work it out. By the way, waht major successes have you had in your like Tim? Please enlighten us.
06/20/05 @ 10:41
Comment from: Anker [Visitor]
Everyone is always so easy to judge. I know Paul Casey personally, and I wish everyone else could see and know what a fantastic person he really is. He is a kind hearted person and very sincere about his game. It is all the press that has been so negative for sooooo long that is a problem. I would like to take this opportunity to address the PGA player issues with Paul. The are supposed to be professionals, well they sure don't show it when it comes to their behavior around Paul Casey. Maybe they should grow up and shrink their heads and self righteousness. After all, they are human too. Even Vijay. Thank you. Paul Casey Fan...
06/22/05 @ 11:17
Comment from: Tim J. [Visitor]
Quitter.
06/22/05 @ 11:40
Comment from: Tom [Visitor]
Paul Casy may in fact may be a fine person. I only know what I read. My job puts me into direct contact with people from all over the world. The British are some of my favorites. And our love of golf gives us a nice bond. But Mr Casy needs to practice prudence. His slighting remarks won't soon be forgotten. I suspect he knows this better than most of us. It seems the fading Monty has been elbowed aside by this bellicose baffoon, and he is now the most despised foreigner on tour.
06/22/05 @ 18:36
Comment from: Rob [Visitor]
As someone who genuinely likes going to America and meeting the down to earth American who is always so welcoming i find this hard to say but defend him i must .
First of all like me he likes Americans per say (he is married to one for heavans sake )but like many europeans when it comes to sport we see America as very insular . They have their own sports (American football , Basketball etc ) and far too often percieve themselves as the best (in an arrogant way ) when the rest of the world dont even play them . They are brought up from a young age far too often to believe life is all about winning , money , and looking great and less about being dignified in defeat , the importance of treating others with respect etc etc . We are reminded to be good losers and to just do your best . Whether you win or lose you will be judged on how you treat others not whether you win . Then you have this added habit of associating sport with being tough . Look at Kiwiah Island when god loving golfers like Corey Pavin actually wore caps referring to the War in the Gulf . Over here we thought how incredibly PATHETIC that was but Im afraid typical of too many Americans . Sport should never ever be associated with WAR but actions like that just let your country down terribly . Actions like these create the image over here of a very insular country , ignorant of world events and a nation that greatly overstates the importance of winning ! The irony is that this creates an atmosphere where we want to win more than usual but thats where he was coming from .
Rob
06/23/05 @ 06:27
Comment from: victor meyer [Visitor]
I have been to two professional tournaments in the Denver area. I have taken my young daughter to both(10). The men at Castle Pines last year during the Pro Am day were great and signed autographs and joked with the crowd, took pictures and were very nice. The ladies on the other hand, duing a Tuesday practice round for the most part were not. The bigger the name the less interested they were in the crowd, especially the children. It is the open so maybe more pressure but come on it was a practice round. Ms.Wie had been there all the week before because she was allowed to because of being an amature.My daughter is no longer an Anica fan and thought she was rue to the kids.These GIRLS are good but to me they are not as good as the guys and could take some lessons from the guys, and I don't mean golf lessons. Bless all you ladies that are cordial to the kids, It is just too bad the bigger the name the harder it is to be nice.
06/23/05 @ 08:36
Comment from: Tom [Visitor]
Rob, It's true, we feel it's us against the world. The British should understand this, they had their day. When you sit at the top, eveyone wants to push you off. We are sensitive to criticism, God knows we've recieved our share in recent years. It is one thing to bad mouth us from accross the Atlantic, but to come to our shores, earn a living and enjoy our way of life, then announce your dislike of the people who are making it possible for you to become wealthy, just pisses me off.
06/23/05 @ 16:28
Comment from: Adams [Visitor]
For your information Tom [Visitor] Paul Casey's money did not come from playing in America. Why don't you check your stats before you say anything? And also make sure you know for sure that those words rreally ever came out of Paul Casey's mouth in that context. Anyone who knows him knows that is not even a possibility. The English have a very proper way of saying things that we Americans don't always follow in the same manner. No harm done. Let it go. Life goes on and we should be above and beyond harbouring such ill feelings towards a young professional in his sport such as Paul Casey. I wish everyone could get to know the Paul Casey that I have had the chance to see. He is truly a wonderful person and a joy to follow on the golf course. Sincerely.
06/23/05 @ 17:28
Comment from: Tom [Visitor]
That makes two people here who know him personally, I didn't realize he had a fan club. I also didn't realize he wasn't being paid to play golf, my mistake. I guess I'll just have to take your word about him being a "truly wonderful person."
06/23/05 @ 18:27
Comment from: Tom [Visitor]
Casey quote,"Americans are stupid. I hate them." This quote was given to the Mirror. I suggest the next time he's in the mood to bash Americans he go to Al Jezeera. I'm sure they will welcome his comments. By the way, Titleist has decided not to renew his contract.
06/23/05 @ 18:57
Comment from: Rob II [Visitor]
The comment from Rob abour sports and war not mixing is rich. No nation has done more than England to link the two. Anyone who attends a Germany v. England football match knows this.
06/30/05 @ 17:34
Comment from: Bogbrush [Visitor]
Casey injured his back during the first round and informed the US Open authorities that he was withdrawing due to a medical condition. This was as per the requirements for withdrawal, but it would seem the imbeciles, who couldn't be bothered to read and understand what he actually said last year, are seeking some form of misguided revenge. If you take the trouble to read his interview with The Sunday Times, provided you have the intelligence to understand it, you will see he does not say he "hates stupid Americans". That was a sensationalised tabloid headline 3 days later, from a newspaper he granted no interview to. Get your facts right and you may have an opinion worth noting.
07/26/05 @ 16:56
Comment from: Bogbrush [Visitor]
Casey's contract with Titleist was already scheduled to be terminated, as he had signed an agreement with Nike. Paul Casey is not married to Jocelyn, his girlfriend, who is American. He attended Arizona State University, he lives in Arizona, his coach is American and he pays a heck of a lot of money in taxes in the good ol' US of A. He said his team hated their opponents in the context of The Ryder Cup, not as individuals and not because of their nationality. He regrets the insularity of his neighbours in Arizona, as it is very difficult to discuss world events with people who know so little about the outside world. That is not saying anyone is stupid, just insular. It is highly likely that anyone who feels he has been offensive doesn't actually know what was said and they should be ashamed of themselves.
07/26/05 @ 17:07
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Bogbrush -- seems to me the true ignorance is making the generalization that all Americans are insular, as you appear to do, because Paul Casey, Mr. Worldly, finds his Arizona neighbors insular.

I know Arizona well -- being a Brit, you may not know Arizona elected Barry Golfwater, and all that implies. I'm getting a little tired of you smug Brits with your condescending attitude toward Americans. We kicked your ass on a major scale a couple times already, and it seems to me you should have learned your lesson by now.
07/27/05 @ 16:49
Comment from: Bogbrush [Visitor]
You just don't get it, do you? Why bother publishing this rubbish if you can't even understand what you read? Maybe you just didn't bother to read my message properly, as you obviously haven't bothered with the truth up to now. I was reasonably polite because you didn't know what you were talking about and obviously choose to take offence because of your paranoia. I pointed out that Casey found his neigbours to be insular and you, again, wish to be offended by that. I'm capable of learning from experience, but you're unlikely to, as you are uninterested in letting the truth get in the way of a good rant. Grow up you pathetic person. Neither I nor Paul Casey made generalisations about the American population, but I know I'm addressing a stupid American with this message.
07/28/05 @ 04:31
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Bogbrush, I'm afraid you're the one who doesn't get it. You haven't gotten anything yet, so it shouldn't surprise me.

I am not offended by the “observation” that people in Arizona are insular. That may or may not be, but I'm certainly not going to depend on the word of Paul Casey for it. I've been to Arizona many times, and know quite a few people who live there, and have not found that to be the case.

Maybe Mr. Casey was unable to get around the language barrier (even after all his noble, tax-paying days in the U.S.), but it seems to me his public comments are ill-conceived and poorly executed. You can quote the Sunday Times all you want, but Casey said what he said and believes what he believes.

Like Casey, you don't even understand your own motives; that is the sad part of the truly arrogant. It's a presumed, even unconscious belief in the superiority of all things British, and so your thoughts come out through a smug filter you don’t even recognize, but others do. In that way, you are just like your violent, overbearing, colonial ancestors, back when you thought you ruled the world. The Boers, among others, taught you a lesson you obviously haven't learned.

What I and others like me are trying to teach you is that your belief system is antiquated and misplaced, like the UK itself. You need to update your thinking, to place yourself in the real world, in real time.

You, and all the unenlightened Brits like you, need to get over this habit of calling people "stupid” and "insular" when they disagree with you, or don’t happen to say the things you want to hear. You’re like petulant children. Maybe you’re taking your cue from the Bush administration, so cozy with Tony Blair. I’ve traveled extensively, and while I have many British friends, I have also run into quite a few of your boorish countrymen. You have no idea what a drag it is to run into you and people like you.

07/28/05 @ 08:14
Comment from: Bogbrush [Visitor]
I wonder that you have the temerity to accuse anyone else of arrogance and boorishness when these are so prevalent in the drivel you regurgitate. Do you know yet what Casey actually said? I doubt that's troubled you. So you've visited Arizona and know quite a few people there? So what? He's lived there for years. Who then is better qualified to comment on people who live there, that he has spoken to? It is incredible that someone as imperceptive as you is so adamant that their ill-informed opinions should advertise their childishness to a potentially huge audience. I don't care if you've travelled extensively or never left your own back yard, you seem to have learned nothing. Your vitriolic attack is based on shallow ignorance and I wasn't calling people stupid, just you. That is reinforced by the rubbish you added today. Your British friends must be very indulgent. You haven't the slightest understanding of me or knowledge of what I do and where I come from, yet you're comfortable in your idiotic tirade to leap to all sorts of erroneous conclusions. You don't know my political sympathies and if the Boers are the best you can do, you're even more pathetic than I originally took you for.
07/28/05 @ 09:56
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Visitor]
I can do much better than the Boers, if you like. Actually, I could throw a dart at a map and come up with something better, if you prefer.

The sad fact is, you're in decline along with the rest of your country. You need to take a chill pill; your misplaced anger points to something deeply flawed in your personality. I suspect it's jealousy and bitterness, but I'll leave that to your psychiatrist.

I also suspect your relationship with Paul Casey goes much deeper than you're letting on. A stalker, perhaps. Lover?

07/28/05 @ 11:05
Comment from: Bogbrush [Visitor]
You wouldn't know a fact if it hit you on the head. What a truly offensive, small-minded prat you are. You assume a position of superiority and then accuse others of arrogance. So we're all gay and have rotten teeth and worry about taking two wars to quell some Dutch farmers? It's a strange little world you live in. You are an unqualified idiot and unworthy of any more wasted time.
07/28/05 @ 12:16
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Visitor]
Hey, don't call me unqualified.
07/28/05 @ 13:33
Comment from: Bogbrush [Visitor]
Life's too short for this nonsense Tim. Genuinely, have a nice day.
07/28/05 @ 18:24

Dates: September 22, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Country Club Village Condos is a private, gated community in Polk County, Florida with condominiums and villas, surrounded by Lake Wales Country Club, a premier Donald Ross golf course. Seasonal rentals with golf packages include many amenities such as heated pool, hot tub, and tennis.