« Ryder Cup captain Ian Woosnam to Euros: Come home if you want to play for meMario wrong, Nancy Lopez correct in picks for Solheim Cup »

Yes. Everyone should give what they can to the Red Cross. www.redcross.org

Our prayers are with the folks in the Gulf Coast. Like you, I wish I could do more.
08/31/05 @ 20:04
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
With the saturation of media coverage regarding this ungodly situation in the Gulf, it would be nice if here we could get updates on the damage to the golf facilities in the region. I know golf is waaaay down the list of priorities right now, but after all, this space is supposed to be primarily for golf.
09/06/05 @ 12:24
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Shanks -- we're working on it. Undertstandably, some courses are hard to reach. I did an update last week. look for more to come...
09/06/05 @ 12:56
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
Thanks, Tim. My group was already thinking about going down there next year, but now we wouldn't miss it for the world. I hope some other golfers will consider a trip to the region soon. In the wake of this devastation, I'm sure those states will need all the commerce they can get. It would be nice if you and some of the other bloggers beat the golf drum for the South.
09/07/05 @ 10:12
Comment from: Burton Bimble [Visitor]
Yeah, that's what we should worry about: the golf courses. At least you have your priorities straight.
09/07/05 @ 15:36
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
Apparently, I'm not the only who thought about this. This article was in today's Mobile Register about the damage to Alabama's courses:

09/08/05 @ 10:37

Dates: July 1, 2015 - May 31, 2016
The Twilight Party Package gives you the chance to play one of the best courses in Las Vegas without having to make an early morning trek to do so. Starting at just $139, your evening will start with a round at Royal Links Golf Club, where you can play on a traditional Scottish links course without having to leave the Strip.