« Bart Bryant at Tour Championship -- keeping it in the fairway Michelle Wie much better than her sniveling fans »

Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
I don't really care much for this new idea. Golf's champions are decided during the 4 Major tournaments.
11/03/05 @ 13:10
Comment from: RonMon [Visitor]
I like it. I like it so much I'll be blogging on it in the next few days. Shanks' theory is swiss cheese.
11/03/05 @ 17:01
Comment from: Wei [Visitor]
I can see it now:

"Tiger's good, but until he wins the Tour Championship, he really can't claim to be the best..."
11/04/05 @ 11:35
Comment from: Denver Player [Visitor]
Money title doesn't mean you are the best.

Majors determines who is the best.

If Tiger wins two majors and the other two are split, he is player of the year, regardless of this new system.

I do think this system will make it more exciting for those who are chasing their card, so overall I think it is good. I also like the Tour Championship being moved up.
But I think a "clear winner" will be determined after the PGA, in most instances.
11/09/05 @ 17:39
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
I agree whith DP (scary, huh?).

I'd like to see the final few tournaments of the year that come after this new Tour Championship series be reserved exclusively for the players who are outside the top 30 or 50. Then you might see some real exciting races for these guys trying to ensure playing priviledges the following year.
11/10/05 @ 12:51
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
But if you make the last tournaments for players outside the top 30 or 50, there might be a dramatic fall in viewership & who will want to sponsor these tournaments?
11/10/05 @ 18:04
Comment from: Shanks [Visitor]
Somebody would sponsor it. Maybe it would only be televised on cable channels. But look at tourneys like the ones that play opposite of the WGC events. They don't ever have any of the big dogs in the field. I'm saying that a handful of tourneys like that when they really mean something would be a pretty good product. Would it have cross-over appeal to the general public? No. But golf fans would probably like it.
11/11/05 @ 08:04

Dates: April 1, 2014 - May 21, 2014
Sibling rivalry at its finest is on display in this Florida golf package, compliments of the Jones brothers of course architect fame. Choose from a round each day at Raven Golf Club, the Robert Trent Jones Jr. layout that played host to the PGA Champions Tour in 2006 and 2007 or Burnt Pine Golf Club. Enjoy complimentary replay rounds booked at the course the day of play. Accommodation options include LeCiel or Village of Baytowne Wharf standard hotel rooms, two bedroom Grand Sandestin or three bedroom Lakeside Villas.