« Rush Limbaugh's defense: Always blame the mediaTo The Players Championship winner, Stephen Ames: Go to Augusta! »

Comment from: june [Visitor]
Tim,
puerile sarcasm doesn't become you. I'm a fan of Wie, but I don't think she's at the level of Sorenstam. Not yet. We're just excited about her potential and look forward to seeing her future success. This notion of the "Wie Warrior" is a pure projection of Baldie, born of obvious personal insecurities. Don't fall for it, Tim, you seem better than that.

And then think about this. When has women's golf gotten so much attention? When Sorenstam was breaking all records? No. It's only now that Wie's on the scene. And now there's more blog entries here on women's golf than men's.
03/28/06 @ 10:09
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
June, I don't always agree with you, but you may be right about Chris Baldwin's undue influence over all of us here at TravelGolf. Too often, we look to him for leadership, and I'm not sure he's deserving of it all the time.

Please note that I have often disagreed with him, and vice-versa.

Still, it's hard not to be influenced by Baldwin. I mean, the guy IS in Time magazine.

03/28/06 @ 10:34
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
Sorry Tim,
but Michelle Wie is actually not ranked on the Womens Rankings.
This week she has sliped to 14 events in the last 2 years and thus is inelligable for the rankings and so has dropped out of the rankings all together.

Don't worry though, she will be back in again next week, because after the Nabisco, she will be back up to the minumum required 15 events.

By the way, I don't blame you too much for being behind in today's news of Wie falling out of the rankings, but I do blame you on a much bigger mistake.

You stated how she was number 3. She had actually been number 2, for the last few weeks. She took over as world number 2 after The Fields Open. Were you not aware of this?
03/28/06 @ 10:36
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Of course I was, you dope. That was the whole news peg.
03/28/06 @ 10:39
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
Tim,
If you were aware, that Wie had moved to number 2, then why were you calling for her to be elevated above Creamer?

She was already above Creamer.

You did make one excellent statement though Tim:
"the Rolex Women's World Rankings. They are designed to reflect what the women do on the golf course, and don't even take into account star quality, potential and sparkly jewelry".

Horray, we agree on something. The rankings indeed do not take into account sparkly jewellery and yes, as you stated: They do reflect what women do on the golf course. That is why they are: 1. Sorenstam, 2. Wie, 3 Creamer, because as you have correctly stated, they take into account performance.
03/28/06 @ 10:51
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Good god, man. Do you not understand tongue-in-cheek? Refer to June's response above.
03/28/06 @ 11:46
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
ROFL, I understand when someones chain is really being yanked hard.
Go Norman, you have him on the ropes now!!!
03/28/06 @ 12:48
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Yeah, I'm on the ropes. I'm helpless before Norman's discerning insight and piercing wit.
03/28/06 @ 14:02
Comment from: Paul W [Visitor]
Tim, you don't sound like much of an expert on wit. Sarcastic comments are generally only funny to the person saying them.

Your post saying Michelle should be number 1 is about the 400th posting I've seen that makes the same stupid comment. Who are you satirizing, I've never seen a Wie fan say anything like that.
03/28/06 @ 14:34
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Nah, you're just helpless.
Normans discerning insight and piercing wit are just a bonus. Something we never see in blogs from you or Baldwin or Nessmith.

Go ahead, wit. Give us some more of your scintillating prose. Why heck, it might even become the latest sparkly thing.
03/28/06 @ 14:36
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
Tim,
When you refer to your sarcasm.
Obviously the part of the story saying that she should be number 1 is sarcasm. That is pretty obvious, but as Paul W said, there haven't been any Wie fan who has claimed that Wie should be number 1, so your supposed joining of the Wie Warriers gang and proclaiming that she should be number 1 just doesn't add up.

If you are trying to class the Wie Warrier as believing that Wie should be ranked number 1 in the rankings, then I am sorry, but you would be forming a new group there.

The actual position of Wie Warriers, like myself, is that Wie got a deserved ranking of number 3, when she came into the rankings. Her ranking deservedly went up to number 2 after her Fields Open performance, and it remained at number 2 and deservedly so. If Paula Creamer had played better she would have reclaimed it and deserved to do so.

This week Wie is deservedly out of the rankings, and will gain her deserved position next week when she again meets the minimum tournament requirement.

As you should be able to understand, the Wie Warrier position is one of acceptance of the fair nature of the rankings.
If Wie were to achieve lesser results and slip down the rankings, we would fully accept this. However, given her recent form, I doubt that will happen.
I expect her to contend at the Nabisco over the next few days, and after Annika, Michelle is the next favourite.
03/28/06 @ 14:46
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
"Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them."
03/28/06 @ 14:46
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
By the way, calling Michelle the 2nd favourite, is my opinion, here are some official odds:

A Sorenstam 7/4

K Stupples 100/1
Sarah Lee 125/1
J McGill 150/1
H Lunke 200/1
03/28/06 @ 14:51
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
Since Tim hasn't actually stated his position on the rankings, perhaps he could tell us, where he actually believes Wie deserves to be ranked.
03/28/06 @ 14:53
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
Many thanks Paul W for that link.
However my day job is leaning me away from reading all 12 pages of that topic.
I will have a look through some of the shorter topics though, and maybe the last page or two of that one.

As regards the minimum number, I have no problem with them changing that if they decide, but unlike the anti-Wieners, I intend not to moan relentlessly if they do.

If they change the minimum number of tournaments, we should accept it, just as the anti-Wieners should accept the system as it stands at this stage.
03/28/06 @ 15:55
Comment from: Norman [Visitor]
Another thing Paul,
if they change the minimum tournament to get on the rankings list that is fine.

However I would not support them letting Wie be in the list with 15 tournament and then dividing her by 30 events for instance.
That would be plain unfair, because it would be judging her as if she missed the cut in 15 events, in which she did not play.
03/28/06 @ 15:58
Comment from: Paul W [Visitor]
Norman, I agree Michelle is a good bet at 20/1 and has a better chance than Creamer. Interesting that Fudoh is 80/1 even though she's currently ranked 3rd. I wouldn't bet on her to even make the cut.
03/29/06 @ 13:49
Comment from: Tim S [Visitor]
Tim, what are you on? If Paula Creamer is "too pudgy" then Michelle Wie is just plain fat and Morgan Pressel is obese. You must be looking at the wrong person.
03/31/06 @ 10:14
Comment from: Comment [Visitor]
I wouldn't be surprised if it is actually mentioned in her endosement contracts that she must show her legs... Hmmm.....
08/07/06 @ 20:45

Dates: May 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
All stay & play packages include 3 Bedroom Suite or Villa on IMG Academy Campus, 18 holes of golf with cart at the Golf Club, breakfast at the Academy Adult Dining Hall and lunch at Golf Club Grille Room. Call for more details 941-739-7439