« Hooters Air abandons Myrtle BeachRolex Women's World Rankings bogus! Michelle Wie much better than Annika Sorenstam and Paula Creamer! »

Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
I wonder if you actually believe half the crap you publish in your blogs?

I find it hard believe anyone can be that stupid but you do keep pushing the envelope.
03/28/06 @ 09:51
Comment from: Jeff Christie [Visitor]
I wonder, is there a liberal out there who doesn't insult, tar, taunt and belittle conservatives for...whatever? TIME clearly tried to make it appear that saying she was a triumph of marketing was a dig, in an effort to recreate their entire non-story over McNabb. The impression was given, intentionally, that Rush had insulted Miss Wie. Should he have let that misconception stand? Apparently so. Liberals will tell a conservative just what his words meant, and Gaia forbid if he disagrees with their interpretation.

Conservatives can't open their mouths about anything because it's seen through the prism of the bias people have against them -- as shown by the snide, childish comments in this article. Wow, you got everything in there even "fat." How adult. How keeping to the issue at hand, which is that you apparently agree with him. But you aren't brave enough to just do that. No, first you have to make your bones with the liberal though police by rattling off a string of insults that have nothing at all to do with golf.
03/28/06 @ 10:56
Comment from: Paul W [Visitor]
Jeff, your post is typical of what causes the polarization between liberals and conservatives. Just go back and read your first sentence "I wonder, is there a liberal out there who doesn't insult, tar, taunt and belittle conservatives for...whatever?"

You broad brush paint all liberals of broad brush painting conservatives. You are doing to liberals exactly what you accuse liberals of doing to conservatives. I'm a moderate, but I know lots of liberals and conservatives who are very open to contrary opinions and are capable of listening as well as talking. Maybe you should tone down your rhetoric.
03/28/06 @ 11:36
Comment from: Tim Quernemoen [Visitor]
"I happen to agree with the fat-head about Wie"

Once again instead of a well thought out articulate blog, we get name-calling.

What was this post about anyway?

"I wouldn't object to what Time did."
Why, Tim McDonald?
Maybe you just wanted to complain about Rush and call him names instead of articulate your position.

From what I've seen of your posts, I wouldn't expect anything else.
03/28/06 @ 12:03
Comment from: Katie [Visitor]
uncle tim, seems you're always playing with fire. But, Rush is a big head. I'll back that up.
03/28/06 @ 16:48
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Member] Email
Does anyone who drones on about the liberal media know anything at all about who owns media outlets, where they get their money, or who calls the shots?

Seriously, on one hand, you have the wild success of Limbaugh vs. the struggling Air America. On the other, there is this supposed flood of liberal media outlets (see EricB's comment above). If all these major media outlets with their enormous viewer/readerships are so liberal, how come those viewers/readers don't turn elections toward liberal candidates? And why do truly liberal media like Air America struggle so?

In truth, ALL MEDIA in the US are after advertising money and competing with entertainment outlets for people's time and eyeballs. As a result, they paint the most simiplistic picture possible, color everything in black and white, fail miserably in educating people about issues, and most of all, do everything they can to appeal to the most potential customers as possible to make the biggest profit possible. (Those who do not, struggle.)

This is hardly a liberal pursuit.
03/28/06 @ 19:40
Comment from: Blah,blah,blah... [Visitor]
Re: conservatives getting booted out in the mid-term elections. Four words: Ain't gonna happen, cap'n. You know better than that; democrats never win anything anymore. Now, stop making me laugh, I don't want to wet my pants!
03/28/06 @ 21:32
Comment from: Ken [Visitor]
Republicans are deserting Bush faster than the Blue Meanies from Pepperland. I think the mid-term elections will wake everyone to that fact.

Just read the news. It's a political liability to follow the Prez right now.

P.S. I'm a Republican.
03/29/06 @ 19:18
Comment from: William K. Wolfrum [Member] Email
Ken,

I think a lot of republicans feel left out in the cold lately. The current era of conservatism really only seems to mean social conservatism. Fiscal conservatism or small government? Those parts of the republican platform seem to have been quietly removed.

Luckily for republicans, democrats continually prove themselves inept to take advantage, but it still seems odd that so much of what a republican is supposed to be now is defined by the religious right.

--WKW
03/30/06 @ 07:43
Comment from: Bill [Visitor]
Well, i see Tim just cant seem to write an article about Mr Limbaugh with the seething hatred oozing out of his ears. Tim, we distrust the media because we SEE things like Dan Rather attempting to smear a sitting President with what he knew, or should have known, were fabricated lies. As far as conservatives being "booted" out in the mid-term elections, dont bet the farm on it Tim, because the American people see how the left panders to the whacko left and lies about just about everything this administration is doing. You might check Ann Coulters latest op/ed Tim, as she addresses this "low polling" thing.
03/30/06 @ 12:58
Comment from: Ken [Visitor]
William,

You've got it exactly. I voted for Bush (pre 9/11) purely for fiscal conservatism and less government. Also, because Gore didn't seem like the brightest candle on the mantlepiece.

The idealogues have taken over. Maybe if the Repubs return to their roots, I'll return. Coulter, Limbaugh, Fox News, ugh...how about a return to moderation?
03/30/06 @ 13:04
Comment from: Bill [Visitor]
the definition of a "moderate" is someone afraid to take a stand....this world is far too dangerous to be moderate. Do you see "moderation" when the supreme leader of Iran calls for wiping Israel off the map? Is it a "moderate" position when the Koran calls for killing the "infidels"? We are in a struggle with the forces of evil for our very survival. Moderation is the last thing we need.
03/30/06 @ 13:49
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Bill, is that you, Mr. President? George? George? Is that you?...
03/30/06 @ 14:04
Comment from: Ken [Visitor]
Bill, here's my definition of "moderate":

A person less likely to have a heart attack...
03/30/06 @ 14:11
Comment from: Bill [Visitor]
so Ken feels that not taking stand will result in less heart attacks........interesting medical theory. And yes Tim, its me, ive followed you here to double check my theory that you seem unable to write an article with Mr Limbaugh's name in it without resorting to namecalling, and sure enough........hehehe........at least try in the future to be more original in your namecalling, i recall the term "fathead" from about 5th grade,,,at least try maybe "poo brain" or "dunderhead". And Tim, you might want to take a lesson in how to write with style and grace (even if you continue to not care about substance) from reading some of Peggy Noonan. I must also comment on the two responses to my post. Notice neither writer responded to the issue i brought up?
03/30/06 @ 15:56
Comment from: Ken [Visitor]
Bill,

With regards to how my beloved Republican party has sunk the past couple years, I'll just say,

When the monkeys relinquish the elephant cage, I will return to the circus.
03/30/06 @ 17:06
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Bill, I would't use "poo-anything" because I'm over the age of six, and I've already used "dunderhead." I'll try to come up with something else. With Rush and you guys, there is a world of opportunities.
03/31/06 @ 07:38

Dates: January 1, 2014 - December 20, 2014
Play three rounds at two of the best courses in Hawaii for one great price. The package includes one 18-hole round at Mauna Kea Golf Course and two 18-hole rounds at Hapuna Golf Course, starting from $375 per person.