« Oh Canada! Oh what fun to golf in Canada!He's not Michelle Wie, but he IS in the U.S. Open »

Comment from: June [Visitor]
Tim, again taking some sick joy out of Michelle's missed opportunity to make the history?

Wow, how low can you go?

Pathetic! Really.
06/13/06 @ 00:13
Comment from: titipas [Visitor]
it's a geek mentality and inferior complexicity. with baldie, they are not that attractive looking guys. obviously they wana bash M.W. for what she stands for. probably they have 16 year old daughter of their own. i wonder if they bash their children like M.W. now compare them with M.W.'s father and see how he raised his daugther.
06/13/06 @ 04:22
Comment from: John D [Visitor]
I predict Wie-Wee will CHOKE again ! ! ! !
06/13/06 @ 05:07
Comment from: alan m [Visitor]
I see Michelle is back at No2 in the Rolex World Rankings. As she she should be.
Creamer is dropping fast. What is going on with that girl. She has lost it big time.
We won't even talk about Pressel.

Alan M
06/13/06 @ 06:49
Hey Timbo, thanks for the shout-out. But my prediction was that Wie will win a Major Championship in 2006. I still stand by that prediction.

P.S. I WAS right that she would be in the hunt on the back nine last Sunday, wasn't I?
06/13/06 @ 08:36
Comment from: Jim COULTHARD [Visitor]
TIM

As georgem loves to remind people, last year I made a prediction that Michelle Wie would win more than one Major this year, and I am not backing down from that prediction.

Since you like bold predictions, let us have yours. Give us the name of someone who you predict will win at least one of the next two Majors.

06/13/06 @ 11:01
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
I rarely make predictions of who will win golf tournaments. It's a fool's game. You pick one player against hundreds of others, and there are so many factors that go into it. Even picking Tiger Woods to win is iffy.

However, to satisy a reader's request, I will give it some thought and if something really strikes me, I will make a prediction.

06/13/06 @ 11:35
Looking for bold predictions, Timbo? Check out this one made back in early February.

By the way, nice namby-pamby response to Jim.
06/13/06 @ 12:19
Comment from: Wayne [Visitor]
I'll make a prediction: Michael Campbell won't make the cut! He will completely spaz out and complain about the greens being tricked-up.
06/14/06 @ 01:26
Comment from: Boola Boss [Visitor]
TIM, why don't you write a blog about Michelle being the ONLY golfer (she is not IN the LPGA yet) to finish in the top 5 of the LAST 3 LPGA MAJORS?.....the ONLY ONE....not even Annika, Karrie, Lorena, Cristie, Paula, Juli or Morgan.....or ANY other LPGA player you can name....and then people wonder why she is 2nd on the Rolex Ranking list.....
06/14/06 @ 03:21
Comment from: Ford [Visitor]
Hoola Hoop--Top 5's are great, but ask any athlete and they will tell you what you already know and that is that winning is all that matters.

Nobody cares about the Rolex rankings, they are just more meaningless numbers in a game that has too many to begin with. I look forward to the day Michelle ascends to the number one spot without ever having won anything. #1 in the world without ever finishing in the #1 spot, seems fitting somehow. As it stands now, I have no problem with her being #2, it's a spot she's certainly used to. Karrie Webb and Lorena Ochoa may think diffrently about the rankings since they have both won multiple times since the rankings were updated, but who needs wins when you can amass top 5's.
06/14/06 @ 13:48
Comment from: Jim COULTHARD [Visitor]
FORD

Maybe winning is all that matters for amateur athletes--but for professional athletes I believe money matters a lot, maybe more than winning.
06/14/06 @ 15:42
Comment from: Ford [Visitor]
Jim, money matters a lot to me and I would guess you care quite a bit about money as well, but I still believe that the top athletes would rather win then cash another big check. Tiger, Ernie, Vijay, Phil those guys would take a trophy over cash anyday, granted it's easy for them to feel this way with the bank accounts they currently sport, but the point remains the same. I think Michelle wants to win as bad as anybody, she just doesn't know how yet. If you are somehow insinuating that she's happy just to finish in the top 5 and cash checks, then she's in for a long, frustrating career as are her fans.
06/14/06 @ 16:27
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Jim,

Winning means most everything to these fellows. Many of them have all the money they could ever want anyway. Only a greedy person, one to whom money means everything, wouldn't be able to conceive of their mentality.
06/14/06 @ 16:31
Comment from: Kimo [Visitor]
TMcD: Talk about being wimpy, lame and boring!

Come out and say it--your prediction is: Michelle Wie will not win at all, men's or women's tour, during the 2006 season.

This should be easy if MW is all the "things" you say she is. Unfortunately, you're wimpy, lame and boring. So you won't say it.

Be bold. Take your lumps if you lose and shout it out if you win.

Write it out--it could be the longest blog of the season. Do it now. MW has 11 of 16 outings to go in the 2006 season.

Yeah, I know. Sniping at MW does give you lots of attention and the boss loves it.

06/14/06 @ 21:45
Comment from: Tim McDonald (member) [Visitor]
Kimo, you're missing the point, which is that IF you are going to make a prediction, make it bold, not girly.

You don't just come out with a wild-eyed prediction for the sheer sake of it. That's what we have you blogger/responders for.

You've also missed the point about my opinion of Wie, you and the other Wie Warriors who are so blinded by love they can't seem to be objective.

I have always said Wie is loaded with talent and limitless opportunities. One day, she will grow up and learn how to win.

06/15/06 @ 08:54
Comment from: Ford [Visitor]
It's amusing to hear a Wie fan talking about "taking your lumps if you lose." I'm still waiting for the first Wie Warrior to come forward after any one of the numerous loses Michelle has suffered with anything other then an excuse for why she didn't win. On this site I have correctly predicted every single result for Michelle Wie during this calender year---Top 5 finishes in her LPGA appearences, success in the local qualifier for the US Open, failure to make it through sectionals and most importantly no wins to date. I have been "shouting out" my predictions as you suggest and Wie Warriors have collectively shouted me down even while she continues to find ways to lose golf tournaments and her critics correctly question her ability to win. I will continue to predict that she won't win on the LPGA tour this year and I will probably bet against her at the John Deere later this year as well. The difference between me and all Michelle's fans is simple, when she finally does break through I will congratulate her and admit that I was wrong, her fans have been wrong about her for the past three years and have yet to acknowledge defeat or admit that maybe they have been sold a phony bill of goods.
06/15/06 @ 09:24
Comment from: Jim COULTHARD [Visitor]
As a Wie Warrior I consider Michelle's record to be quite impressive, even without an LPGA win. As far as no wins to date is concerned--Didn't she win her local qualifier? But , of course, winning wasn't the issue there, qualifying was.

There is a hump that Wie needs to get over--Winning on the LPGA and making a PGA cut. I really don't know why you are more confident of her not winning LPGA events than you are of her not making the John Deere cut. I will continue to pick LPGA wins for Wie, but I am a bit more hesitant regarding any PGA cut.

Why should Wie fans admit defeat when she is only a 16 year old high school student and is already ranked ahead of everyone but Annika? She is continuing to make progress.

I do see that she has been close 3 times this year, but has not won on the LPGA. I think the added pressure of trying to win her first LPGA even with the glare of a grest deal of publicity on her is probably not helping her game near the end of tournaments. She wants to play well enough so she can win without having it come down to the last couple of holes, and I figure she is jgood enough to do this soon. Once she has her first LPGA win, I expect the pressure to be a lot less, and I expect she will do much better in events that come down to the last few holes. It will be interesting to see how she performs in mathc play at the HSBC.
06/16/06 @ 15:38
Comment from: Wayne [Visitor]
Looks like my prediction is right:

06/14/06 @ 01:26
06/16/06 @ 15:43
Comment from: David [Visitor]
Tiger has missed the cut as well. But what do you want..? He's returning from a nine-week break from tournament golf, and his heart isn't in it, no matter how many times he blatantly lies in press conferences.

Saying things to the effect of:

'I could've shot under par with the way I was playing.. all I needed was one shot to turn it around.. no, I'm not rusty...'

etc..

I am Tiger's biggest fan, but everyone can see that he wasn't ready to return, as he is in no mental state to win the U.S. Open. One could argue that he could've played several tournaments before the U.S. Open, making his game sharp enough for a U.S. Open victory, but again, I still think his head is in pieces.
06/16/06 @ 16:31
Comment from: David [Visitor]
Here is my prediction:

'Michelle Wie will neither make a PGA Tour cut nor win an LPGA event this year.'

I also predict that she'll have several excellent chances to do both, but will CHOKE like always.
06/16/06 @ 16:33

Dates: April 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Stay & Play packages available at Covered Bridge Golf Club with local hotels in the area starting as low as $104.96/person. Packages include 18 holes with cart at either course, one night's lodging, and continental breakfast.