« Black bears in Myrtle Beach!Julie Inkster blasts Michelle Wie family »

Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Tim McDonald said:
"The last bastion of civility in sports being dragged down by a steroid scandal."

No, there has been no civility in golf for a lot of years. You and Baldwin and a host of so called "journalists" removed civility from the mix with your un-civil need to put your spin on every move any golfing professional makes. Adding steroids to this game just gives you all more garbage to sling.
08/14/06 @ 09:45
Comment from: Evil Hater [Visitor]
Woods has been on the juice for years.
08/14/06 @ 10:50
Comment from: golf lover [Visitor]
Steroids-I don't think the PGA needs to even go there at this point. I watched Brett Quigley drive it past every guy in his group at the International with a three wood!! Try hand speed.
08/14/06 @ 12:45
Comment from: William K. Wolfrum [Member] Email
Golf lover,

In regards to steroids, human growth hormones and other illegal, performance-enhancing drugs that athletes use: There is something for everything. Notice that cyclists and bodybuilders look differently? Yet competitors in each are notiorious for using illegal drugs.

If the PGA thinks they can trust all their golfers to not cheat, they're wrong.

--WKW
08/14/06 @ 13:44
Comment from: Spitfire [Visitor]
For Evil Hater: In his memoir, Michael Douglas fondly recalled when Tiger Woods, who as a toddler was already drawing attention, appeared on the same 1978 show as Bob Hope, an avid golfer. "I don't know what kind of drugs they've got this kid on," Hope quipped, "but I want some."

**Natural talent at 3 years old, natural talent at 30. Don't hate, congratulate. If anyone is juicing, it's someone of your ilk....
08/14/06 @ 17:56
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor]
Just to echo WKW: There are all different kinds of dope, including stuff that increases firing and speeds recovery of fast-twitch muscle neurons, just like those used in ballistic movements like the golf swing.

As for Putt4Par, I'm guessing s/he tossed civility out of the golf cart long ago, based on the usual tone of her/his comments.
08/15/06 @ 13:24
Comment from: putt4par [Visitor]
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor]

ROFLMAO, unlike yor bosom buddies, Alex,Judge Smells, George, Ford and ToddCommish along with the other Dwarves,JR Joe Cool and his stuck caps key.
Considering the shovels full of Shyt that all you journalistic guys spew in your daily blogs, you should be used to getting negative comments back at you.

08/15/06 @ 20:57
Comment from: SirSnot [Visitor]
I will share one observation. Last year at a PGA tournament, I was watching various players hitting balls at the practice range. One thing in particular that struck me as odd was... the arms of a young medium sized player who was struggling. He had the arms of a bodybuilder. I didn't think much of it then... just thought that he lifted weight to be in shape. I am not implying anything about steroids or nutritional supplements, but it did make an impression on me that a golfer would have such arms.
08/16/06 @ 00:25

Dates: June 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Experience the thrill of competition at The K Club. Golfers will enjoy overnight accommodation with Full Irish Breakfast, a Four Course Evening Meal in The River Room Restaurant & one round of golf on one of our Championship Courses. The choice is yours.