« American sporting dominance? Baloney. Oh well, we still have Tiger WoodsTiger Woods at Bridgestone Invitational: Is he getting bored? »

Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Pawley's Plantation is the only one on the list I remember playing; I might have played some of the others, but I don't know.

I agree with your assessment, though. PP is a very nice Nicklaus designed course. The feature that struck me the most, and I think this is typical of Nicklaus' courses, was the difficulty of the greens. I thought they had a lot of subtle breaks and undulations.
08/29/06 @ 14:33
I'm a little surprised Tiger's Eye at Ocean Ridge Plantation didn't make your top 10. But, to be fair, I haven't played even half of that list.
09/01/06 @ 08:46
Comment from: chicagohack [Visitor]
Where is Glen Dornoch and Oyster Bay? The Barefoot courses and Dunes wouldn't make my top choices. I'd rank them as follows:
1)River's Edge
2)Glen Dornoch
3)True Blue
4)Tidewater
5)Pawley's Plantation
6)Tiger's Eye
7)Caledonia
8)Oyster Bay
9)Heritage
10)King's North

09/05/06 @ 10:35
Comment from: Greg Cameron [Visitor] Email
I have played all the courses on your
list and agree with most of your choices.
My personal top 10 would be.....

1. Tidewater
2. Barefoot/Fazio
3. The Dunes
4. Caledonia
5. Barefoot/Love
6. River's Edge
7. Grande Dunes
8. True Blue
9. Oyster Bay
10. Heritage

I am playing King's North in 2 weeks so
maybe my list will change.

Marsh Harbour {RIP}
Ocean Harbour {RIP}

8. True Blue
9. Oyster Bay
10.
10/02/06 @ 10:56
Comment from: CHRIS [Visitor] Email
Here is my 2 cents on the top ten courses in MB.

1.)Caledonia
2.)Tidewater
3.)TPC of Myrtle Beach
4.)Tiger's Eye
5.)True Blue
6.)MB National King's North
7.)Dunes Club
8.)Barefoot-Fazio
9.)Heritage
10.)River's Edge

I will not include World tour as it is not an original design. Nor would I place Grand dunes in there, I think it is a little over rated. The Love course at Barefoot has it's moments but not top ten.

No one included the TPC are you guys nuts. This is a must on any Myrtle Beach top course list.
11/02/06 @ 09:26
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
This is a good list. Don't think I'd put Kings North that high, and Glen Dornoch is growing on me -- I'd put that there instead of Rivers Edge -- but otherwise, I like it.

Your TPC comment is well-taken.
11/02/06 @ 09:37
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
I'm kidding about Rivers Edge, of course -- I love that course
11/02/06 @ 09:40
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Also, I had my doubts about World Tour -- I'm not wild about replica courses either -- but for sheer fun, I felt it should be up there. Everyone I've talked to who's played it has enjoyed it.
11/02/06 @ 09:43

Dates: January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
World Woods is now offering golf packages with our villas located 6 miles from World Woods Golf Club. Each villa has 2 or 3 bedrooms with 2 twin beds in each.
Price range: $152 - $326