« American sporting dominance? Baloney. Oh well, we still have Tiger WoodsTiger Woods at Bridgestone Invitational: Is he getting bored? »

Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor]
Pawley's Plantation is the only one on the list I remember playing; I might have played some of the others, but I don't know.

I agree with your assessment, though. PP is a very nice Nicklaus designed course. The feature that struck me the most, and I think this is typical of Nicklaus' courses, was the difficulty of the greens. I thought they had a lot of subtle breaks and undulations.
08/29/06 @ 14:33
I'm a little surprised Tiger's Eye at Ocean Ridge Plantation didn't make your top 10. But, to be fair, I haven't played even half of that list.
09/01/06 @ 08:46
Comment from: chicagohack [Visitor]
Where is Glen Dornoch and Oyster Bay? The Barefoot courses and Dunes wouldn't make my top choices. I'd rank them as follows:
1)River's Edge
2)Glen Dornoch
3)True Blue
4)Tidewater
5)Pawley's Plantation
6)Tiger's Eye
7)Caledonia
8)Oyster Bay
9)Heritage
10)King's North

09/05/06 @ 10:35
Comment from: Greg Cameron [Visitor] Email
I have played all the courses on your
list and agree with most of your choices.
My personal top 10 would be.....

1. Tidewater
2. Barefoot/Fazio
3. The Dunes
4. Caledonia
5. Barefoot/Love
6. River's Edge
7. Grande Dunes
8. True Blue
9. Oyster Bay
10. Heritage

I am playing King's North in 2 weeks so
maybe my list will change.

Marsh Harbour {RIP}
Ocean Harbour {RIP}

8. True Blue
9. Oyster Bay
10.
10/02/06 @ 10:56
Comment from: CHRIS [Visitor] Email
Here is my 2 cents on the top ten courses in MB.

1.)Caledonia
2.)Tidewater
3.)TPC of Myrtle Beach
4.)Tiger's Eye
5.)True Blue
6.)MB National King's North
7.)Dunes Club
8.)Barefoot-Fazio
9.)Heritage
10.)River's Edge

I will not include World tour as it is not an original design. Nor would I place Grand dunes in there, I think it is a little over rated. The Love course at Barefoot has it's moments but not top ten.

No one included the TPC are you guys nuts. This is a must on any Myrtle Beach top course list.
11/02/06 @ 09:26
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
This is a good list. Don't think I'd put Kings North that high, and Glen Dornoch is growing on me -- I'd put that there instead of Rivers Edge -- but otherwise, I like it.

Your TPC comment is well-taken.
11/02/06 @ 09:37
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
I'm kidding about Rivers Edge, of course -- I love that course
11/02/06 @ 09:40
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Also, I had my doubts about World Tour -- I'm not wild about replica courses either -- but for sheer fun, I felt it should be up there. Everyone I've talked to who's played it has enjoyed it.
11/02/06 @ 09:43

Dates: April 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
The PohlCat Golf Course proudly offers golf packages that showcase some of Central Michigan's best golf and lodging options. Seeing all that the "Middle of the Mitten" has to offer is only a click away! You choose multiple options and let us do the rest. Our shuttle service can take you to and from the PohlCat to any of our lodging options. Click on Book Now below and book your perfect Michigan golf getaway today!