« Tropical storm Ernesto mostly spares Myrtle Beach and Grand StrandTop-10 golf courses in Myrtle Beach »

Comment from: Babson [Visitor]
Yes, Greece.

Perhaps if you did a little research you would know that Greece has been European champions and a world force in basketball for quite some time.

Your "For god's sake – Greece?" attitude is exactly the sort of thinking that has kept the US without a world title since 2000.
09/01/06 @ 09:05
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
I am well aware Greece is the European champion. I am well aware they are thus far undefeated in the tournament. I am well aware of their 6-10 center, "Baby Shaq."

I am well aware of all these fact. Perhaps if you did a little research you would know that most Americans do not exactly think of Greece when they think of world basketball dominance, despite their prowess.

That's my point, and thank you for blaming by attitude on the downfall of American basketball.
09/01/06 @ 09:24
Comment from: akrouda [Visitor]
When you wrote "For god's sake – Greece?", you were referring to the current European Baskteball and Football Champions, who put on the spectacular 2004 Olympic Games, who can boast as being the Cradle of Western Civilisation and the birthplace of Democracy amongst other achievements?

So are we talking about the same Greece here?
09/01/06 @ 09:31
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Uh, well, I was referring to their basketball team, not their being the cradle of western civilization.

I was not referring to the fact that most of their women have unsightly hair under their armpits or under their noses.

Or its high public debt, inflation or unemployment.

Or its dislike of the U.S. because they think the U.S. is on Turkey's side on the issue of Cypress.

Or the increasing crime rate Greeks blame on immigrants from Albania, Bulgaria and other former Communist countries.

No, I was not talking about any of those things.
09/01/06 @ 09:49
Comment from: Booger [Visitor]
Who cares about basketball, or the assorted criminals posing as "Team USA"? It's not like it's golf, or tiddly winks for that matter.
09/01/06 @ 10:11
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Thanks. And I agree.
09/01/06 @ 14:28
Comment from: ???? [Visitor]
Comment from ToddCommish, do u know what ur talking about? If the NBA want to market to the world, then they have to win. No matter who they send, there are incentives given to these players to bring back the gold. Ur comments are just excuses... US will always be a dominant basketball nation, but things are changing. My hats off to Greece... Also Tim's comments are soooo off base. It's so sad to see someone so out of touch with reality.
09/01/06 @ 15:53
Comment from: George [Visitor]
[quote]I was not referring to the fact...[/quote]

The only fact here is that you posted an idiotic comment, with tottaly irrelevant 'facts', demonstrating your ignorance.
09/01/06 @ 15:56
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
You could not be more completely wrong, I do NOT need irrelevant facts to demonstrate my ignorance.
09/01/06 @ 16:49

Dates: January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Wescott Golf Club's Champions Package with Hotel lets you experience one of the Carolina Lowcountry's best golf courses! This stay-and-play vacation deal includes two rounds at The Golf Club at Wescott Plantation, one round at Coosaw Creek C.C., a $30 food-and-beverage card, a $30 pre-paid Visa Gift Card, and logoed gifts.