« WorldGolf quiz: Is it The Masters, the U.S. Open, the British Open or the PGA Championship?FBR Open in Scottsdale a model for golf's rowdy future: learn the art of heckling »

I can relate with Gulbis. Some days I just feel like a piece of meat.
02/02/07 @ 12:58
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Although I don't think we should be encouraging immodesty, I agree with much of what you said. There's tremendous pretense in the kind of statement Gulbis made.

I think that women who say these things are rationalizing for the purposes of making themselves feel better about selling sex. Perhaps Gulbis has an inflated sense of her own importance, but no one is going to mistake her for the next great philosophical mind.

This is much like the transformation of the Miss America Pageant. It used to be nothing more -- but also nothing less -- than a beauty pageant, but it was what it was. Then politically correct pretense reared it's ugly head and they started assessing the gals based on intellectual and philosophical qualities as well. The end result is that the winners still aren't intellectual giants (just PC midgets), but now they sometimes aren't even all that attractive either.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't watch it either way; it's just that it was more honest before. Now it's neither fish nor fowl, frivolity masquerading as something of greater import.
02/02/07 @ 16:38
Comment from: Dave Marrandette [Visitor]
Is it possible to hear more about the "biological imperative of the species?"
02/03/07 @ 07:57
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Dave, take a good look at Natalie's calendar: it'll come to you.
02/03/07 @ 08:16
Comment from: patricia [Visitor] Email
Mars/Venus guys. That's what it is. We girls really don't see things the way you do. Women are just that different from men.

Believe it or not, deep down we really do feel that our personalities, intellect, hopes and dreams are important and interesting to you guys...particularly when we're young and/or naive. As we get older and more worldly we come to realize that guys (especially alpha-male type guys) are almost always going to be far more interested in a girl with a cute face and a nice rack nice breasts then one who's attributes are mainly intellectual or spiritual. It's primal, as you say. But you know what? Unless we've become totally blase and mercenary, we're still probably holding out hope that guys are into us for our sharp intellect and extraordinary personality.

As far as Natalie is concerned, I don't think she's being disingenuous or phony, just naive and romantic as girls of her age and background will be. Her managers encourage her to do the calendars and, after all, when you look good it's fun to pose in bikinis and sexy outfits. But I think she's convinced that you guys will see beyond the purely physical. It's not about political correctness. I know it's hard for men to believe, but trust me, that's the way most women really think.

02/03/07 @ 21:03
Comment from: One-Putt [Visitor] Email
"Comment from: patricia [Visitor] Email · http://www.thegolfgirl.blogspot.com
Now if you'll excuse me I've got to get into a skimpy swimsuit... and a compromising position... and go get some photos taken for my blog."

Hey Pat whatever it takes to get the hit counter moving.
02/04/07 @ 00:08
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Patricia, any chance of me getting ahold of those photos?

02/04/07 @ 09:28
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
And by the way, I'd like to know more about that "real trouble" you've been into.

02/04/07 @ 09:37
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Patricia,

Yes, I know women are naive like that. However, I'm with my girlfriend because of her inner beauty.

As far as beauty pageants go, they have undergone their transformation because of political correctness, as I said.
02/04/07 @ 13:56
Comment from: Hugh Beaumont [Visitor] Email
Tim, you're the American Dream - person
who knows nothing about anything and can still find a job.

To you giving hope to a world of ignorance.

Chin, Chin..

02/06/07 @ 09:46
Comment from: HALF PINT [Visitor] Email
I was having a crappified day until I started reading these comments and replies.

Some of them are hilarious. As in: Shanks — "I can relate to Gubis. Some days I just feel like a piece of meat."

Caused me to laugh out loud. My compliments to Shanks.

Then there was Dave's comment — "Is it possible to hear more about the 'biological imperative of the species?'"

And Tim McDonald's rejoinder — "Dave, take a good look at Natalie's calendar: It'll come to you."

Bullseye.Hole in One. Game, set, match.

And this one. Patricia's comment — "Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to get into a skimpy swimsuit . . . and a comprimising position . . . And go get some photos taken for my blog."

To which, Tim McDonald replied — "Patricia, any chance of me getting ahold of those photos?"

I almost pulled a muscle laughing.

Laughter is indeed the best medicine. All of you have helped turn a crappified day into a mediocre one. Many thanks.

HALF PINT

P.S. Also, wanted to compliment Tim McDonald on his metaphor? simile? in his story: "It's as bland as a garden
rake."
02/06/07 @ 14:17

Dates: March 15, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Tucked into Skamania Resort's 175 wooded acres, this Stevenson, Washington golf course features breathtaking views, the perfect par 70 challenge and all of the amenities you expect from a first class resort course. The Dream Golf Package includes overnight accommodations, unlimited golf greens fees, golf cart and bucket of balls.