« No surprise: Ocean course at Kiawah Island is toughest golf course in the landNational Golf Club in Pinehurst following Jack Nicklaus' advice »

Comment from: brad [Visitor] Email
Playoffs are always 50-50. It was enjoyable and Howell played well. I do not consider Phil to be the second best player on tour. I think the likes of Ernie, Furyk and VJ are right up there with Phil. Phil is a class act for going to the press room after the defeat. It is unfair to rip him when he has just finished second.
02/18/07 @ 20:38
Comment from: patricia [Visitor] Email
I think he looked so cute and cuddly... and he's just so nice and polite and sweet. I can totally see why he has such a beautiful wife. Despite what they say about women liking bad boys I think most women want someone like Phil. I know, I know... this has nothing to do with how he plays golf, but I just thought it needed to be said since so many writers seem to focus on his weight issues. Particularly when he loses.
02/18/07 @ 21:32
Brad is a donkey...Phil beat Ernie today, with Vijay and Furyk nowhere to be found. Phil has as many majors as Vijay, and more than the sum total of Ernie and Furyk. Bray, donkey, bray!

Now, on to Tim...Yes, he is the second-best golfer in the world. The first-best (otherwise known as the best, or the eldrick) would have won the playoff. We saw Tiger pull a Phil two years ago at Augusta, with barfing on 17 and 18...difference was, he beat DiMarco in the playoff. That's why Phil is 2 and Tiger is 1.
02/18/07 @ 21:48
Comment from: Tom [Visitor] Email
Ron .... Phil does not have more majors than the sum total of Ernie and Furyk. Ernie has won 3 majors, the same number as Phil and Vijay - though Ernie hasn't won a major since 2002. Furyk has won one major.
02/19/07 @ 01:20
Comment from: brad [Visitor] Email
Mr. Ron Mon ..what's up with the Donkey comment? I really see no real difference between Els, Phil, Furyk and VJ. They are all top tier players who are definitely two notches below Woods and a notch above players like Scott, Garcia and Donald. Their respective records speak for themselves. You should not take just one tournament into account when trying to compare these players.
02/19/07 @ 08:34
Comment from: Phlop Schott [Visitor] Email
If only Phil would learn to keep his pie hole shut he'd save a lot of criticism. All of his bleating this week about how he no longer needs to worry about his drives was proven to be so much false bravado as we saw on the 18th tee yesterday -- not once, but twice on the same hole when he hit two drives that were of about the quality as his gem in the 2006 US Open. Just play, Phil, and skip all of the proclamations. Then you won't have to explain future choke jobs.
02/19/07 @ 12:11
Comment from: Glen [Visitor] Email
I was just waiting for Phil to blow the final hole and he did. Club selection, poor, flop shot, poor. This is supposed to be the best flop shot guy on tour right? I think he need a new caddie, someone that can say.."Phil, wait, no, let's take a moment and think this over". but time after time, he rushes his critical shots, and he blows it. It's going to get into his head soon, and he will be terrible under any pressure. I hope he does well in the guture, but yesterday was just pathetic.
02/19/07 @ 13:15
Comment from: Jeff [Visitor] Email
Phil has 30 PGA Tour wins, has won a major each of the last three years, and just won two weeks ago. What's the problem? He is the most exciting player in the game is clearly the second biggest draw in golf. Winged Foot will sting for a while, but he'll shake it off just like Palmer. I expect Phil to win another major and maybe 3-4 wins this year.
02/19/07 @ 14:17
Comment from: tony genovese [Visitor] Email
With all those smiling, Phil is just hiding his abnormal nervousness,Phil should train with the marines to get rid of all the abnormality of his nervous system. Nervousness is normal abnormal nervousness is abnormal.
02/19/07 @ 14:17
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
The point some of you miss about Mickelson is that he is an underachiever due to psychological frailty, much like Greg Norman, only not as bad. With his talent, he should have captured at least six majors by now but, alas, golf is about far more than just physical ability.

I'm not putting him down; the fact of the matter is that very few possess Woods-like fortitude. And if we're honest with ourselves, we'll realize that we're no exceptions.

Moreover, this has now happened a plenitude of times, and the more it does happen, the more emotionally scarred he'll be. I'll also point out that I said a long time ago, when most everyone else was claiming that Mick's first major win would make him a changed man, that he would continue to be a fragile competitor.

Mick is too good to not win more majors, but he'll always be prone to faltering down the stretch. As an old Chinese proverb says, "It's easier to change the height of a mountain or the flow of a river than the nature of a man."
02/19/07 @ 14:40
Comment from: M. Robinson [Visitor]
Hey Tim why not show Phil how you'd do it............ end of line
02/20/07 @ 00:18
Comment from: joan [Visitor] Email
Don't tell me Phil is lousy under pressure. You don't win 30 tournaments if you fold under pressure.LOOK AT HIS STATS. And the jelly belly comment . Phil looks great!! I've seen him play this year. Why don't you be a bit professional and stop with the low blows. YOU are one of the many who are jealous of PHil for a lot of reasons!!
02/20/07 @ 09:05
Comment from: Jack [Visitor] Email
Why Judge!!!!
A well thoughtout, well presented statement of your
opinions.

You're no fun anymore!!!
02/21/07 @ 11:53
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Jack,

Thank you. However, all my posts are well thought out. You may want to consider the fact that I've hardly ever been wrong in my predictions.
02/22/07 @ 14:37

Dates: April 12, 2014 - November 15, 2014
Enjoy 18 holes of championship golf in Chicago on our award-winning course. Players of every skill level will thoroughly enjoy our St Charles golf course. Our golf course has been recognized for it's beauty as much as for it's competitive play.