« PGA Tour Superstores are BIGTired, run-down, fatigued? Five-Hour Energy drink really, really works! »

Comment from: david cummings [Visitor] Email
Hey, you got guts for calling the Tiger a whuss (sp?). But, and I'm no golfer despite living in Pinehust the last 35 years (nobody'll play with me and I don't have money- oh, and I will KILL you, you little white ball, whenever I do make contact! And I will- someday! Dang nabbit!), there was a lot going on behind the scenes today at Doral. Yep, I'm calling it Doral...isn't that still the town's name?
First, there is the Master's up ahead and Tiger is trying to get over his current state of negativity so a win would be a good bounce.
Second, the biological clock is ticking. He knows about the history of golf and watching upcoming players, so each tournament is not a chance to win but an imperative to write his own legacy. (You know that's always been his main drive(r).)
Third, and lastly, he is smart. If he can think rationaly enough to win by playing conservatively or freely whatever the case dictates, dang if he is going to give you any freebies. He's still "The Man" and you just better hope you're three strokes ahead and have the option of choosing to layup. Him called a "girlie?" Hmmm... makes everyone else look like they took up the wrong sport. Hmmm... they are soooo trying to exercise, diet, study, and practice to be like him! Hmmm... his friends are probably just dying to quit calling him Sir Golf God, so maybe you are right.
03/25/07 @ 20:15
Comment from: RonMon [Visitor] Email
Although David clearly forgot his meds while typing, he is on the mark with his commentary, mostly. The element for me is, no one came at Tiger. What was the closest gap, the final two-stroke margin? If they cannot tie him, much less take the lead away from him, why should he not lay up? It is, after all, only a WGC Championship. How many does this make for him, ten? If so, he can line those blue trophies up like bowling pins and have at them.
03/25/07 @ 21:35
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
It's not how, it's how many.
03/26/07 @ 07:29
Comment from: Jack [Visitor] Email
You are not brightest guy around are you ? You follow one idiotic blog after another. Just throw it up there, it might stick. someone once said about you "this ain't your gig"..... I think you should take heed.
03/26/07 @ 13:52
Comment from: Tim [Visitor] Email
Jack, what are you saying?

Are you saying I should quit this job?

Just walk away and find another job?

03/26/07 @ 15:18
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Uh, Timmie, what's bothering you? Is it that Tigger played "conservatively"?

Listen, he did the prudent thing. He had a three stroke lead going into the perilous eighteenth; thus, all he needed to do was make bogey and take double-bogey out of the equation. And laying up was exactly how that could be done -- it's called "playing the percentages," little guy.

You see, Timmie, sometimes being conservative is exactly what is called for.
03/26/07 @ 15:33
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Oh, I forgot to mention that success is not defined by impressing a bunch of beer-swilling sots who would taunt you even more mercilessly if you splashed a drive and blew the tournament. It's defined by victory.
03/26/07 @ 15:36
Comment from: Richard [Visitor] Email
I think what Tiger did is similar in football
when you are winning and you possess the football with time running out. You don't try to score a touchdown, but you sit on the blall and not allow the other team to get a chance of get the ball on a mistake.
03/26/07 @ 15:49
Comment from: Tim [Visitor] Email
Judge, no, it's defined by the former.

Victory is hollow when one forfeits one's manhood.

Richard -- true. And how many times have you seen football temas almost blow it by becoming too conservative?
03/26/07 @ 18:57
Comment from: Jack [Visitor] Email
Tim.....I'm not saying you should quit your job, but you should definately try to be a little better at it. You are obviously envious of TW, so you make a stupid predict-ion. You should never make a prediction that leaves you out there hanging on a branch, because if you're wrong everyone remembers and if you're correct...Who cares?

Normally if you say a player will not win...You would be correct 90% of the time....Tiger isn't normal. If you have been paying attention the last ten years, You would already know this.
03/26/07 @ 18:58
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Tim,

I don't know how you define being a man, but stupidity isn't an integral part of my definition. Woods (who I don't really like, by the way), is a very intelligent man who did the prudent thing.

I don't think we need to give the male-bashers more ammunition by claiming that testosterone inspires a man to cast prudence to the winds. There's a fine line between adventurousness and stupidity.
03/26/07 @ 19:34
Comment from: Booger [Visitor] Email
I don't like him either, but he played
that hole fantastically. I was rooting
for a double, and he layed up just to
spite me.
03/27/07 @ 12:47
Comment from: Jack [Visitor] Email
Judge and Booger,
Just what are you so afraid of ? Why do you hate him so much? He's just a golfer(albeit the greatest golfer there is right now... but that too, will pass).

Why make yourselves so small? I'll bet it bothers him to no end, that you two don't like him. Why....he just may
quit the game and go cry in a corner somwhere !!!!!
03/27/07 @ 18:09
Comment from: Booger [Visitor] Email
Fear? Hate? I said "I don't like him."
What the hell is the matter with YOU,
Jack?
03/28/07 @ 06:24
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Booger,

Jack is obviously a few cards short of a full deck.

Jack, I pointed out that I'm not fond of the Tigger within the context of defending his judgement and lauding his course management skills with regard to how he played the 18th hole of his last event. Thus, as any intelligent person realizes, far from being gratuitous criticism of him, my comments were designed to emphasize the fact that I have no ulterior motive in going to bat for him, that I have no horse in this race.

Aside from that, it's my prerogative to like or dislike whomever I please. Do you, Jack, like EVERY golfer on tour? Do you like every athlete in the world? Every celebrity? Every public figure? I very much doubt that you do. Now, does this make you a "hater"?

Grow up, adulthood has its virtues.
03/28/07 @ 09:02
Comment from: Tim [Visitor] Email
Jack, I don't always agree with the Judge, but man did he whale on you!
03/28/07 @ 15:43
Comment from: Jack [Visitor] Email
Yeah Tim... That Judge is quite the whaler alright, I'm
really smartering over that one.
As for you, remember what I said.....Stop throwing things
against the wall, if you want to be better at your job.

Let me worry about the Judge, you get back to practising you kraft.
03/28/07 @ 21:21
Comment from: Tim [Visitor] Email
OK Jack, but be aware: I don't consider what I do "kraft," I consider it "arte."
03/29/07 @ 04:19
Comment from: TR [Visitor] Email
The arte of making useless predictions and
posting worthless drivel. Sounds like
a book you should write Tim!
03/29/07 @ 09:56
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Tim,

Do you have some association with the Kraft food company of which I'm not aware?
03/29/07 @ 19:01
Comment from: Jack [Visitor] Email
Hey there Judge,
You and I both know that things you are not aware of
would make a whole new world !!!!!
03/30/07 @ 13:15
Comment from: Jack [Visitor] Email
Hey there Judge,
You and I both know that things you are not aware of
would make a whole new world !!!!!
03/30/07 @ 13:17
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Jack,

A fantasy-world, perhaps.
03/30/07 @ 13:56
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Judge Smails,

Since Jack is obviously from somewhere in or near the British Isles, or maybe even Down Under, my question is this:

What in the pluperfect hell has happened to the school systems in those countries?

Like so many of the other Limeys and Harps posting on these boards, he seems to lack any sense of grammar, usage, or spelling.

And the content of his posts make very little sense. What has happened?
03/31/07 @ 11:11
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Alex,

Unfortunately, Britain has become feminized to an even greater degree than we have. This liberalism has resulted in a lowering of standards across the board. I'll also mention that this lack of fortitude and manly virtue is evidenced by their pusillanimous response to the little terrorist in Iran.

And I'll leave everyone with this thought: Think about how many British men have hyphenated names now; it's quite common these days. Alex, I'm sure you know what that indicates.
03/31/07 @ 12:57

Dates: any time
Nestled among acres of majestic forests, woodland trails, and saltwater beaches, The Resort at Port Ludlow is Washington's premier waterfront resort community. The golf package includes 1 night's accommodations, 18 holes per person, unlimited range balls, lunch for two at Niblicks Cafe, two hats or one sleeve of golf balls, starting at $179.