« Tiger Woods says Malaysia hotter than Oklahoma – he's wrongStephen Ames doesn't take long to fizzle in the PGA Championship »

What's the difference between the monkey and Rudolph, Dasher and Dancer? Meat is meat. It provides sustenance. Have you ever had monkey tacos?
08/20/07 @ 07:21
Comment from: BV [Visitor]
Tim, speaking as someone who HAS eaten monkey and goat - I'd pick the one that was slow-cooked on a spit and basted with a good barbecue sauce. ;)
08/21/07 @ 15:49
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor] Email
As a rule, it's always a touch dodgey eating
mammals who eat other mammals (eg., some monkeys). Have to be more careful of the cooking temperature.

Trichinosis, and all.

Other than that, RM has a point. I've eaten a dozen or more atypical beasts. It's all in the cooking, as BV says.
08/21/07 @ 17:10
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
BV -- which did you like better, monkey or goat?

In my experience, goat can be delicious.

The best sausage I've ever had was reindeer.

08/21/07 @ 17:52
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Well, it's good to see that at least you libs aren't PETA types.
08/21/07 @ 21:02
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Actually, I AM a PETA type. But, I'm also a carnivore, as well as a sexual behemoth.

08/22/07 @ 07:11
Comment from: Kiel Christianson [Visitor] Email
I grew up on a farm, and we made our own goat summer sausage, and roasted 1/2-goats over open fire pits. Delicious. Reindeer jerky is excellent, too. Elk is perhaps better than all of them, though. And when I lived in Japan, the horse sashimi was my favorite.

BTW, I'm an animal protection proponent, too; treat them lovingly until you eat them, I say.
08/22/07 @ 08:21
Comment from: BV [Visitor]
Tim, the goat was/is far better. Monkey, no matter HOW it was prepared, seemed stringy and tough.

Kiel has a good point about making sure they're cooked fully, and regarding elk - they are delicious!

Judge, who pulled your chain? My politics fall somewhere to the right of Dick Cheney (and I'm a MUCH better shot) but I firmly believe all animals (especially meat providers) should be treated with the respect due them as part of our food chain.
09/18/07 @ 13:22

Dates: September 22, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Stay at Esplandor Resort and get out and enjoy 18 relaxing holes of some of the best golf in southern Arizona on our Rio Rico Robert Trent Jones Sr. designed golf course.