« Fed Ex Cup: Look, it really isn't a playoff, OK?Tiger Woods says Malaysia hotter than Oklahoma – he's wrong »

Comment from: J. Miller [Visitor] Email
After reading this article, it would become clear it has nothing to do with golf.

According to all police reports for the past 6 years, no woman “at all” was ever a victim of any criminal activity on a gold course in the Bahamas. Thus, the motive of this article, "Golf in the Bahamas: Unsafe for women" is in question.

If no woman was ever victimized on any golf course, this article has a hidden agenda.
08/31/07 @ 15:14
Comment from: Charles [Visitor]
What hidden agenda? If you get mugged on the way to the golf course, I guess that would make golf unsafe.

It is not that golf itself is unsafe for women. It is golf "in the Bahamas" that is unsafe for women. Anything in the Bahamas is unsafe for women, given the total disregard for women in the country.

The writer has a responsibility to report that fact, since a lot of people visit the Bahamas to play golf.
09/01/07 @ 11:01
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Charles, I was going to write a response, but you've saved me the trouble. Nice job.

09/04/07 @ 09:58
Comment from: BV [Visitor]
Tim - I'd stopped visiting Jamaica for many of the reasons you noted, and have been going to Freeport and Lucaya in the Bahamas. I haven't actually heard about any issues in those areas...so folks might want to look into them as destinations.
09/18/07 @ 13:30
Comment from: Darrel [Visitor] Email
I have been to several Carribean countries including many trips to Jamaica. And I have taken my girlfriend and our 2 pre-teen daughters. I am always asked if I am worried about the violence. My response is simple, if you put yourself in bad situations, bad things will happen to you. Now I don't mean to sound insensitive, but if a female tourist goes there with a "Stella gonna get her grove back" mentallity she is putting herself in a bad situation. If you go there to smoke a little weed, you are still dealing with drugs dealers. Don't do things that you wouldn't do at home.
10/03/07 @ 11:25
Comment from: Peter Smolens [Visitor] Email
Darrel is correct. The Carribean is just like any other vacation spot. Like any major major city there are good places and bad. If you put yourself in wrong place, chances are you will have problems. On the other hand, the resorts I've been to are protected and safe.

I've been to Jamaica five times and have never had a problem. I stay at an all-inclusive resort. I only go on monitored trips. I've played many of the golf courses in Jamaica and found them to be wonderful. Some of the best courses in the world. While playing golf I've met some of the nicest people.
Peter
02/16/08 @ 06:51

Dates: any time
Golf packages starting at $428.50 - Not only will you play like a champion, but you will be treated like one too! All packages include complimentary golf cart and 50% off golf club rentals at each course. Selected packages include daily breakfast.
Price range: $429 - $779