« Golden Ocala is a great replica compromiseDiamond Back in Myrtle Beach undergoes name change »

Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Tim,

That's women's golf for you.

It's also typical of the lackluster, pitty-pat way women do everything in their lives.

Typical. No guts, no glory.
11/19/07 @ 17:24
Comment from: 2under [Visitor] Email
Tim,

I wouldn't hesitate to put her back in the bikini - regardless of her play.

Trust me, I am no LPGA fan. But I think you may be a bit harsh on my girl. I was very surprised to see her in the final 8, and for her to make the charge she made. I think that spells progress for her.

It took Watson awhile to learn how to win the big one. Give a hottie a chance...
11/20/07 @ 11:26
Comment from: Lester Hinson [Visitor]
I'm very firm and rigid in my belief that Natalie Gulbis should be OUT of her bikini.
11/20/07 @ 11:55
Comment from: tee full [Visitor] Email
McDonald is a knuckle head
11/20/07 @ 12:56
Comment from: wendy (uk) [Visitor]
Oh dear, Alex, have you messed up your petit-point stitches, AGAIN?

11/20/07 @ 14:09
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
I believe knuckle-head should be hyphenated.

11/20/07 @ 14:28
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Alex,

Yes, I didn't see it, but I can only assume that female emotionalism overwhelmed her and she fell victim to a choke for the ages.

Of course, with the nature of female logic (I know it's an oxymoron), who really knows what rationale might have motivated her decisions?
11/20/07 @ 18:17
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Judge Smails,

We'll never get dear wendy to agree, but it is obvious that women just do not possess the adventuresome spirit.

That's why they'll never be successful entrepreneurs.

And no woman will ever be awarded the Medal of Honor(or the Victoria Cross). They simply do not have the intestinal fortitude.

Changing diapers, cooking chicken soup, and baking oatmeal cookies are their strong suits
11/20/07 @ 18:47
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
The shot into the water and the 3 putt par prevented the bikini babe from winning, not the "lag putt" per McDonald.
11/20/07 @ 22:42
Comment from: Joe Cool [Visitor] Email
11/20/07 @ 22:42
Comment from: wendy (uk) [Visitor]
You forgot the lace doilies, Alex - they don't make themselves, you know.
11/21/07 @ 11:29
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
wendy,

Very true. Taking all these talents into consideration, along with woman's principal duty, that of bearing children, the ladies seem to have plenty on their plates. If they can't play a dynamic game of golf, who cares?
11/21/07 @ 14:56
Comment from: BV [Visitor]
I agree with Lester - I want her OUT of the bikini! ;)
11/21/07 @ 15:39
Comment from: Oui Oui Oui [Visitor] Email
I agree with Alex...I almost fell of the chair when I saw her 'lagging' her putt to ensure a tap-in for par.

What the hell was that?
11/21/07 @ 16:22
Comment from: wendy (uk) [Visitor]
Alex, you dear old thing. It's so obvious now! I've long-harboured the suspicion that you were really Alexandra (clue in your address, perhaps?)- how else can such empathy be explained?

11/22/07 @ 11:13
Comment from: wendy (uk) [Visitor]
UH-OH Tim. Forgot to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. And everybody else, too. Yes, even Alex and Judge.
11/22/07 @ 11:39
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Thank you, Wendy.
11/22/07 @ 23:03
Comment from: tim [Visitor] Email
And the same to you and your family, Wendy.

11/23/07 @ 13:33
Comment from: JR [Visitor] Email
Did anyone bother to get her side of the
story...
Q. When you saw your ball up there in very makeable birdie range and you saw Lorena keep staring at the ground, did winning all of a sudden cross your mind?
NATALIE GULBIS: Playoff did. Lorena can make par from anywhere. But I thought I just wanted a chance to be able to make that putt to push it to a playoff. That's what I was hoping for. I didn't even consider that I would be able to win it outright. But I wanted a chance to have that putt really mean something, where my putt didn't really mean anything, my 15 footer. I actually pulled Greg back in for a second. She did have only a foot and a half. I said, ‘Can I be aggressive? Can I make this?' He said, ‘No, you've got to lag it.' It was a very honest statement because these greens can get away from you really fast. There was no way she wasn't going to make that one, one and a half foot putt.

11/26/07 @ 07:34
The tendency when trying to die it in the hole under stress is to leave it short. Gulbis just choked a little. Simple as that.
11/26/07 @ 09:23
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
JR,

No, I had never read her explanation for lagging her 15-foot birdie putt when that was what she needed to get a chance at a playoff.

By the tenor of your post, it is hard to tell if you are agreeing with her reasoning or panning it. Which is it?

Alex
11/26/07 @ 09:26
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Shanks,

There was no reason for Natalie to attempt to die it in the hole.

If she had gone for the birdie boldly and rapped it five feet past the hole, and missed the par putt coming back, she still had second place locked up.

As with most decisions made by females, she was way too cautious. She had no reason to be cautious but she just couldn't help herself.
11/26/07 @ 09:34
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Again, emotionalism, which leads to illogical action, took over. If she needed a birdie to tie, there was no reason to not hit it firmly.
11/26/07 @ 13:33
Comment from: JR [Visitor] Email
Alex... she believed that Lorena had a tap
in for birdie which would've made her birdie
moot. Must've been thinking about the difference between 2nd and 3rd place...

anyways, to answer your question... I would've tried to be more agressive but then again, I cant putt....
11/26/07 @ 15:53
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Judge Smails,

A glaring example of female emotionalism and illogic occurred a few months ago on the quiz program "Jeopardy."

A female contestant had a sizable lead over two male contestants going into "Final Jeopardy", but not enough of a lead to shut either of them out.

She answered the final question correctly, as did both of her opponents.

Guess what? She wound up third!

As a typical female, she wasn't willing to risk enough to guarantee a victory for herself.

Something to think about when people contemplate putting a female in charge of anything of real importance.
11/26/07 @ 18:13
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Alex,

Many people would think we're just playing the chauvinist card to tweak the fairer sex, but what you say is true. In terms of risk-taking, women are very conservative by nature (if only it carried over to their politics).
11/27/07 @ 13:49
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Judge Smails,

Since this is Tim's blog, I wonder if he agrees.

The biggest risk-takers aren't in Las Vegas, AC, or Tunica. They are in the markets.

When the the last(or the first)time you ever saw a female on the floor of the NYSE or the Chicago Merc?
11/27/07 @ 17:37
Comment from: Judge Smails [Visitor] Email
Actually, Alex, I was going to mention speculation. I have always said that if you are averse to risk or money means too much to you, you don't belong in the stock market. This is because you will agonize over the less pleasing eventualities, which causes nervousness, and this will impact upon judgment. This is why women have trouble in this arena; the risk makes them want to pull their hair out and they can't stand the idea of losing money.
11/28/07 @ 00:12
Comment from: Alex [Visitor] Email
Judge Smails,

It is exactly for those reasons that women are, for the most part, very poor gamblers in any venue.

Returning to golf, it is my opinion that no male professional golfer on any tour or at any level would have played that hole as Natalie did.
11/28/07 @ 09:14
Comment from: tim [Visitor] Email
I'm not so sure. I've known some pretty big risk takers who were women.

I used to roll to Biloxi a lot with this female friend. She loved to gamble and she loved to gamble big. I saw her throw down a $15,000 bet one time and not even blink.

12/02/07 @ 04:05
Comment from: wendy (uk) [Visitor]
Just wanted to say a big thank you for my current stock market loss on Northern Rock - but hey, it was a gamble.
Laura should also be on your "good company" list.
12/02/07 @ 13:55
Comment from: Gulbis Fan [Visitor]
Tim McDonald and Alex both have no clue what they are talking about.
05/12/08 @ 08:50

Dates: January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
With the Explore Hyatt Golf package, you'll enjoy luxurious accommodations at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and two rounds of golf at Raptor Bay Golf Club per night, a golf cart, pre-round range balls, and one sleeve of logoed golf balls. Guaranteed late checkout at 1 p.m.