« Good restaurants in Beaufort and Okatie, South CarolinaGreat family restaurant in Myrtle Beach: The Spring House »

Comment from: Chris Baldwin [Member] Email
It's not that hard a drive from the East Coast. I know guys who still drive down from New York every year.

And from Washington DC, it's a nice roader.

You need to spend less time downing Jimmy Buffett cheeseburgers and talk to some real people.

And a flight on that "always-reliable" AirTran may take you more time than the drive.

12/13/07 @ 17:37
The other tremendous error in this report is that you did not mention the airline dedicated to serving Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach Direct Air. They fly from Pittsburgh, Niagara, Columbus, Gulf Coast, Florida & NEWARK!
12/13/07 @ 20:49
Comment from: Brandon Tucker [Visitor] Email
Gasoline in MB is actually among the cheapest places in the nation. How many cities can boast $2.75 right now?

MB just isn't an airline destination, so long as you need a car to get everywhere here anyways. And there are loads of people from Canada who drive down every year!
12/14/07 @ 10:45
Comment from: Chris Baldwin [Member] Email
That's because Canadians are real men. Unlike McDonald, who flies around in his jets munching on chain cheeseburgers.

12/14/07 @ 15:05
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Chris and Brandon, I hear you're dating.

Mike, this wasn't intended to be a full-scale news story on ailine service in MB.

You want to pimp your airline, do it yourself.

12/14/07 @ 15:22
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
And actually, I was referring to the cost of jet fuel. I left it out of the "blog" to see if real journalists would notice, like Mike the Ohio golf pimp.
12/14/07 @ 15:31
Comment from: Ernie Keener [Visitor]
I've flown on Myrtle Beach Direct Air from Pittsburgh twice. I like the nonstop flights w/ good times, which means I can get in a couple of extra rounds. The low fares make it a home run. I know this sounds like a commercial, but service with price add up to a super deal. They also have flights from other cities.
12/16/07 @ 17:01
I live in the DC area and don't know anyone who flies down. It's only about a 7 hour drive to Calabash/North Myrtle Beach.
12/17/07 @ 09:20

Dates: January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
Play two rounds at Hilton Head National and enjoy a three-night stay at the Courtside Villas on Hilton Head Island.
Price range: $299 - $309