« Top-10 picks to challenge Tiger WoodsChris DiMarco: Golf swing is all in the butt »

I don't believe that John can quite the booze and smokes and continue to play golf professionally. His train is on a one-way track; he can either lead a life of bad food, drink and tobacco and continue to play golf, or he can give up the triple threat to live a few more years, in a different line of work. He's pushing 40 and ripe for a heart attack and/or stroke.
03/14/08 @ 12:51
Comment from: Aspiring Golfer [Visitor] Email
Part of the issue maybe that most golfers are so perfect (or dull, in a Stepford Wives kind of way) that writers get tired with the same vernacular in their coverage. John Daly offers something different and perhaps a welcome diversion for these scribes.
03/15/08 @ 07:57
Comment from: Ross [Visitor] Email
Your right Tim, but what I don't understand is why his family doesn't have some form of intervention on this guy. He's got more addictions then I have clubs in my bag
03/15/08 @ 08:10
Comment from: Billy Dawg [Visitor] Email
John loves to say poor me. Pour me a drink. What a shame.
03/15/08 @ 10:14
Comment from: Art [Visitor] Email
Like most Alcoholics that make a lot of Money,he can't see that he has a problem. He can't see it until he can see it. Maybe with these recent Problems he will wake up and see the truth. His life is worth saving.
Pain is the cornerstone of Change.
03/15/08 @ 20:28
Comment from: mickey [Visitor] Email
we need to start bashing johnny miller for his hornyness for tiger! has anyone ever seen a grown man love another man as much as johnny loves tiger! miller would kiss tiger right on the butt cheek in front of millions of people if tiger would let him!!
03/16/08 @ 16:24
Comment from: BV [Visitor]
Hard to believe this post is from Swamp Man Tim. It's actually rather compassionate and articulate in trying to call off the dogs nipping at Daly's heels.

The only one who can change Daly's behaviour is Daly. Addiction 101.

Rebuttal to Ronmon - *I* think if he dried out and lost some weight he could still be a force on the tour. I don't think he'll ever quit smoking though.
03/17/08 @ 11:10
It's about time one of you guys saw the situation as it is, relativly harmless and for that matter... fun. Daly's a great guy and a classic talent. I enjoy him and his antics. It's almost bazaar the manner in which these cheeseball talentless writers routinely disparage the guy. Their contempt for anyone who likes to get bombed occasionally must be tied into them finding their college girlfriend drunk and naked with...me.
03/19/08 @ 20:44
Comment from: jj stefan [Visitor] Email
Thank you Tim, finally someone who gets it.
03/25/08 @ 18:54

Dates: January 4, 2014 - October 12, 2014
Set in western Pennsylvania, just north of Pittsburgh in Butler County, Conley Resort has it all! Year-round golf, a 56-room hotel, meeting facilities and family vacation amenities. Golf packages include lodging, unlimited golf with cart, free breakfast and all taxes.