« LPGA backs off on English requirement, sort ofMemo to Carolyn Bivens: Make Koreans on LPGA Tour wear bikinis while they learn English »

Comment from: Booger [Visitor] Email
I have to admit this was my first reaction
as well. Not picking Clarke is unreal.
09/02/08 @ 21:33
Comment from: Paul [Visitor] Email
Monty and Clarke are also both Brits. I think you meant to say, 'Poulter and Casey are English' i.e. there is an English bias.
09/03/08 @ 05:46
Monty wasn't selected because he just stunk it up all year. He's very nearly out of the top 100 in the World Rankings now. He's played 7 Majors in the last 2 years, missed the cut in 5 of them and placed 42nd and 58th in the other two. Please.
09/03/08 @ 07:21
Comment from: Tim McDonald [Member] Email
Visitor Paul, yes, that's what I meant.
09/03/08 @ 07:44
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
Tim,

Why don't you take it one step further and point out that both Faldo & Poulter are from the same English county - Hertfordshire?
09/03/08 @ 10:26
Comment from: Dave [Visitor] Email
This theory is probably just a joke anyway, but I doubt Faldo holds any prejudice against the Scottish and Northern Irish :-)

He just chose who he felt were the two best picks, and in my opinion he made the wrong decision.

Shanks, I know Monty sucked all year. But, remember in 2004 when, at least partly due to the separation from his wife, his form was terrible. Captain Bernhard Langer, however, recognised Monty's love of the Ryder Cup, and that he thrives on the format of the competition. Ultimately, Monty holed what some people call the 'winning putt.'

Same thing with Darren Clarke in 2006 - Woosnam knew Clarke was having a rough time following the death of his wife, but knew that Clarke was a good Ryder Cup player. Clarke won all his matches.
09/03/08 @ 14:56
Wendy, I think it's "farther." Further modifies in the same way "additional" does.

I'd like to let it be known that, should I be elected Ryder Cup Captain, Pennsylvanians and Ohioans need not apply for candidacy. Curtis and Furyk...out. Rhode Islanders and Dakotians will be admitted site unseen, while Montanidiots and Arkansations will receive preferential consideration.
09/06/08 @ 07:42
Comment from: Wendy (UK) [Visitor] Email
Ron Mon,

You say "either" and I say "either". Furthermore, you're probably right.

Do you know that people write angry letters to "The Times" about errors like mine, usually signed "Disgusted of Tonbridge Wells"?

Is "site" a deliberate play on words?

Please don't make up names for people from various states as I am gullible enough to believe some of them. I don't often ask favours, but would you please reconsider Pennsylvania as I like Jim Furyk's dry sense of humour?
09/06/08 @ 10:25
Dave, Monty hasn't done much for the last 2 years. It's not because he's having personal issues now. He's just not that good anymore.
09/08/08 @ 11:25

Dates: January 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
The golf course at the Arizona Grand Golf Resort & Spa in Phoenix -- which Golf Digest awarded four stars -- features panoramic views of the desert landscape, dramatic elevation changes and breathtaking mountain vistas. Package includes: Upgrade to Premier suite with golf course view, one round of golf per person, club rentals, $25 per person dining credit, Happy Hour pricing in lobby bar with scorecard, resort fee included.